Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-13-2004, 11:49 PM
Elite Fan

All's Fair in Oven War - 11/14 Episode Discussion

From Yahoo! TV

"All's Fair in Oven War", Episode #1520.
Bart finds Homer's vintage Playdude magazines and decides to adopt the ring-a-ding-ding lifestyle of the 1970s.

Guest stars are James Caan and Thomas Pynchon.

This is the official Season Premiere.
Old 11-14-2004, 12:20 AM
Elite Fan

Can't wait for the season premiere, I've been seeing the promos for this episode and it looks good
Old 11-14-2004, 12:23 AM
Master Fan

Can't wait to watch it.

Age-a-licious's Bootylicious Nsync Fanfiction Page
Old 11-14-2004, 03:18 AM
Obsessed Fan

I love the radio promo for this episode. I'm actually looking forward to the Simpson's this season. Hopefully they don't let me down again.

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
Old 11-14-2004, 05:56 PM
Obsessed Fan

Definitely looking forward to it.

Can you believe The Simpsons have been on for 15 years!

I remember the first night it preimiered on FOX in the Summer of '89. I was in high school and only 15 years old

I wonder why TOH XV, wasn't, or is not considered the official Season Premiere?
Old 11-14-2004, 06:10 PM
Master Fan

Here's TV Tome's description of tonight's ep.

After Homer suddenly develops a knack for cooking, he unwittingly competes against Marge in a bake-off.

Old 11-15-2004, 02:15 AM
Elite Fan

Ok, I'm going to try to give a summary of the episode with caps. For those who don't want to be spoiled, please skip the next few posts.

You have been warned.

Bart comes into the house with an armload of cookies - they're giving them away at the house next door they just built. Homer is reluctant to look at the house. He doesn't want to have himself as a neighbor.

Marge and Homer check out the new house, and the kitchen is loaded with state of the art appliances, including a walk in microwave.

Their own kitchen is falling apart, but Homer doesn't want to hire a contracter. So he attempts to remodel it. After electrocuting himself a couple times, he and Marge go to the basement to shut off the power. While doing so, they find Homer's old Playdude magazines.

Homer swears he read them for the articles, so Marge decides to cut out all the nude pictures from them. Nothing is left but the articles, so he throws them in the trash. Bart and Milhouse find them in the trash and start reading the articles, declaring, "We're gonna be Playdude Playmates!"

Homer botches up the kitchen job, so they are forced to hire a contractor. The contractor says it'll take a 3 months. It winds up taking 2 years. But the kitchen looks incredible.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:36 AM
Elite Fan

Everyone at the church pot luck brings the same old dishes as before, except Marge. Her Wasabi Buffalo Wings are a hit. They love her wings, including Thomas Pynchon.

A few days later Marge and Lisa go shopping at the Kwik E Mart and bump into Ned who encourages her to enter a baking contest. And she does.

Bart and Milhouse are living the lifestyle that's described in Playdude, wearing the pajamas, listening to jazz. But they don't understand the sexual innuendos throughout the magazine.

At the playground, Nelson makes fun of the way Bart is dressing up. Bart invites the kids to the treehouse for a Playdude party.

Nelson wants to go into the jacuzzi, but James Caan is taking up all the space. James eventually leaves with Ms. Krabappel.

In the meantime, Marge and Lisa go to the baking contest. There are many other Springfield citizens entered in the contest as well.

What Marge doesn't expect are the others trying to sabotage her creation, a dessert that looks like a hot dog. Luigi, the pizza guy, scrapes the fish scales onto her counter. Agnes Skinner, dunks her hair in Marge's mixing bowl. And another contestant, Stewart, "accidentally" trips and sets her dish on fire.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:48 AM
Master Fan

wow

Old 11-15-2004, 02:59 AM
Elite Fan

Some of the citizens are concerned with Bart exposing their kids to the Playdude lifestyle. Ned says that Rod told him a joke involving an octopus, bagpipes, and implying fornication. Chief Wiggum says Ralph wants to go on the pill.

Homer decides it's time he had a talk with Bart. He goes to the "mansion" and tells him about the birds and the bees. Bart screams and runs to Mihouse's house to tell him. They both scream, run to other houses to tell the others, and so on. Homer is glad they find out this way rather than to wait until their parents tell them, when they're old enough.

Marge is upset with the others for their sabotage. She retaliates by adding Maggie's medication to their dishes. After the judges get sick on those dishes, they declare Marge and Brandine the finalists. Marge thought that Brandine's entry was garbage. Brandine replies, "Just cuz it was cooked in a garbage can don't make it garbage."

Lisa saw Marge putting the medicine in the other entries and confronts her. Marge tries to convince her that what she was doing was ok since the other contestants were being pushy. At the finals, the guilt sets in and Marge confesses to the sabotage. Brandine wins the contest.

Brandine's face winds up on the Auntie Ovenfresh flour bag, and she becomes famous. Cletus is sad because she got so famous, she left him for James Caan.

But Cletus has a surprise waiting for James at the next toll booth...

The End
Old 11-15-2004, 08:02 AM
Master Fan

Don't Bart and Lisa have a talk which involved Bart shivering in the wake of learning about sex and saying to Lisa, "Not if you knew what he's (Homer) been doing."

What was going on in that scene?

(Obviously, I missed the episode. STUPID STUDYING.)
Old 11-15-2004, 01:59 PM
Elite Fan

I liked the season premiere, it was hilarious! What had me cracking up was the part where the judges are going to close the door at the bakeoff and it's a metal door and Marge just makes it in time and then the door closes and Marge says I guess I'm the last one and then all of a sudden there's an imprint of the metal door of Agnes Skinner because she was running to the door also It looked so funny because she was carrying some bowl and her imprint of the face looked hilarious.

Also liked the part where Homer gets all happy that if Marge wins she will become the new face of Auntie Ovenfresh and Homer was this daydream where he gets to meet all the famous characters of the food/cooking world like the Twinkie, the Pillsbury Doughboy, the Pringles guy, etc. but they change their names And then Homer is squeezing the Twinkie guy and kills him because he squeezes all the cream out of him and then the other characters are saying "Blood for cream"

Loved Marge's evil laugh when she was going to sabotage the other food enteries

Airie- it's just a short little scene because Lisa is talking to Marge about sabotaging the other enteries and that she shouldn't have done that and then when Marge leaves, Lisa says "I guess dad has to be my hero now" and then Bart is on the corner and he says "Not if you knew what he's been doing"

And the kitchen took 2 years to finish I wonder if it's going to stay like that?

Also Apu leaving his family and then becoming someone else because he just puts a blond wig with glasses and is speaking with a different voice But he is still working at the his store

Also liked the part where Ralph is upset because he didn't get choosen for the bakeoff. Because he had made a crayon sandwich and makes Chief Wiggum take a bite

Grilka- loved the summary you gave with the screencaps

Last edited by Firestar007; 11-15-2004 at 02:11 PM
Old 11-15-2004, 03:38 PM
Obsessed Fan

The funniest part by far was Homer explaining the Birds and Bees to Bart who then screams, runs to Milhouse's house, both of them scream, they run to their friends houses, more kids scream, and so on and so forth.

The end where James Cann was gunned down like his character in the "The God Father" was also funny considering it was by a bunch of Kletus's Slack-jawed Yokel brethren

I also thought that the kitchen taking two years to be finished was one of those things where they bend time and create an alternate reality in that you know the kitchen will be back to normal in the next episode
Old 11-15-2004, 05:04 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Firestar!
Old 11-15-2004, 07:01 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Also liked the part where Homer gets all happy that if Marge wins she will become the new face of Auntie Ovenfresh and Homer was this daydream where he gets to meet all the famous characters of the food/cooking world like the Twinkie, the Pillsbury Doughboy, the Pringles guy, etc. but they change their names And then Homer is squeezing the Twinkie guy and kills him because he squeezes all the cream out of him and then the other characters are saying "Blood for cream"
This was one of my favorite parts as well. I thought all the charcters were neat to see.

I also loved the part where Marge thought the other entry was garbage. Overall this was a good episode.

icon by

Sarah