Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-11-2006, 01:14 PM
Passionate Fan

Adopt a Newbie #24

Welcome to Adopt a Newbie!

‘Adopt a Newbie’ is one of the most representative threads we have at the Newbies board. It is a help system in which newbies get in contact with oldies to have some sort of support in the first days and weeks. Basically, the system intends to create a situation in which newbies can ask all kinds of questions to a more experienced member and also create a contact, a support, and more importantly a first friend in Fan Forum.

‘Adopt a Newbie’ is the adequate place for Newbies to develop their own family at Fanforum. Newbies will be adopted by members of Fan Forum and their conversations will take place via Private Messages. Therefore, our ‘Adopt a Newbie’ thread is the place in which we assignate a newbie to another member, we are the messengers and you do the rest!

How Does It Work?
Despite this thread being just the place in which we assignate Newbies to Oldies, we still pretend this to be a necesary step for the adoption. So, what we are asking is for Newbies to step into the thread and ask to be adopted. The moderators or whoever is browsing the thread at the moment will direct the Newbie to who will be becoming his/her family!

We ask you to not contact members on the list that are not on the first spot without consulting us. The members on the list have been waiting to adopt for a long time and it would not be fair for Newbies to do so.

What Is the Adoption List For?
Normally we have several people waiting for Newbies to stop by and that’s what created the idea of the list. The list you can see being updated is our way of keeping track of the adoptions that take place. Members waiting to adopt are those oldies that would like to adopt a Newbie, so Newbies do not need to wait to be adopted. They simply come here and are inmediately directed to another member.

The list is updated as often as possible. Make sure you are consulting the most recent version of the list (you will find it always on the latest posts made on the thread) to avoid confusions.

Are There Any Requirements to Be Added to the List?
Yes, there are. Adopters must have been members of Fan Forum for six months. They must have at least six hundred posts. (This is to make sure that adopters have the knowledge about Fan Forum that would allow them to help other posters but also that they are regular members of Fan Forum and that they can be confided in).

Adopters can adopt as many times as they wish to, but they must wait for a period of two months between adoptions. They must also wait for an open spot to be added to the updated list before asking for it. Posters that ask to be added to the list before it is updated will not be added.

Can Newbies be Adopted More than Once?
Only on special ocassions. The idea is for Newbies to be adopted only once, but in cases in which the adopter is not available or in which the adoption process doesn’t go right, newbies must consult the moderators and expect them to appoint a new adopter to them.

For any questions, doubts, problems or any sort of thing with your adoptions (or with anything, for that matter) contact - cris - or Malha, your moderators. You may do so using Private Messages or you may simply ask those questions on this thread.

And last, but not least... despite the serious tone of this introduction, adopting a newbie is extremely fun and everyone should try it! These rules we have added are rules that have been created due to the problems we have had in the past. So, don’t you worry! Just post you want to be adopted and the fun will begin!

..:: Adopt A Newbie List ::..

12/07/2006

~Lilith~ should have adopted I'm Kinda Shallow
silver_lined_cloud should have adopted Mischalicious
rachel_19 should have adopted Jaysgal
~Jewel~ should have adopted leah_321
imaginary light should have adopted shiri_roswellhelen
Scythe should have adopted ~Valerie~

Next to Adopt:
  1. sweetpoison
  2. Rogue_Faerie
  3. OPEN SPOT!
  4. OPEN SPOT!
  5. OPEN SPOT!
  6. OPEN SPOT!
  7. OPEN SPOT!
  8. OPEN SPOT!
  9. OPEN SPOT!
  10. OPEN SPOT!

..:: Have to wait until they can adopt again ::..

buffyannAlex (10/18)
SweetP (10/21)
Chynna Princess (10/21)
Bella21 (10/24)
JoAfreak (11/06)
Holly1985 (11/06)
Undeniable (11/06)
EphramIsHot (11/06)
SweetAsCandy (11/22)
~Lilith~ (11/22)
silver_lined_coud (11/22)
rachel_19 (12/07)
~Jewel~ (12/07)
imaginary light (12/07)
Scythe (12/07)

Last edited by Malha; 12-06-2006 at 09:40 PM
Old 10-12-2006, 01:46 AM
Master Fan

I'd love to adopt a newbie .
{ Lulu| icon: LittleGreyStargate }
Old 10-12-2006, 07:49 AM
Passionate Fan

I asked in the previous thread if I can be added to the list?
Old 10-12-2006, 09:47 AM
Master Fan

Okay, just a reminder here : you can totally restart a thread like this but please if you want to do it, copy the previous first post into the new thread! Keep in mind that the rules and lists are the most important things in this thread and they absolutely should be in the first post. Thank you!

I'm sorry for not adding people, I had a "database error" message when I tried to access FF. Doing it right now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by caf123 (View Post)
I have and she's awesome. We're having a great time. I hope I'm helping her ... just wanted to report back that it seems to be going well.

I'm happy to know that

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpoison (View Post)
my newbie never answerd me I wanted to be a good mom!
Unfortunately, not all newbies stay (in fact a lot of them disappear). It's beyond our control to know that. I hope you'll have more luck with the next one.

Adding ~Lilith~, SweetAsCandy and silver_lined_cloud to the list.

Last edited by Malha; 10-12-2006 at 09:56 AM
Old 10-12-2006, 04:53 PM
Passionate Fan

Thank you, Malha. /I had that database error too O_o/
Old 10-16-2006, 10:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

i want to be adopted what do i have to do and let me tell u i won't be going away lol
Old 10-17-2006, 08:29 AM
Master Fan

Well, it's a good thing to know you won't be going away

To be adopted is very simple, all you have to do is send a PM to the first poster on the list. Right now it is buffyannAlex.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

ok its done thank you
Old 10-18-2006, 02:49 PM
Passionate Fan

What happened?? I was eighth on the list a few days ago. Now I'm nowhere to be found.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:50 PM
Master Fan

@AllKindsOfTime - Great! Tell us how it went

Quote:
What happened?? I was eighth on the list a few days ago. Now I'm nowhere to be found.
Ooops, my mistake. I used the wrong list when I updated the first post. I'm correcting it right now.

ADOPTION LIST :: 10/18/2006

-CrazyBeautiful- should have adopted greysanatomyfan05
sweetpoison should have adopted Kate Summers
Sacha should have adopted Fizz
caf123 should have adopted how2savealife
buffyannAlex should have adopted AllKindsOfTime

Next to Adopt:
  1. SweetP

2. Chynna Princess
  3. Bella21
  4. JoAFreak
  5. Holly1985
  6. Undeniable
  7. EphramIsHot
  8. ~Lilith~
  9. SweetAsCandy
  10. silver_lined_cloud

Last edited by Malha; 10-18-2006 at 02:59 PM
Old 10-19-2006, 02:11 PM
Master Fan

Could someone adopt me cos I am a tad lost here at the moment !!! Thanks very much!! Xxx
Old 10-19-2006, 03:04 PM
Addicted Fan

I'd like to adopt a newbie.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:07 PM
Elite Fan

I adopted a newbie once, but he/she didn´t reply after he/she wrote me. So I´d really like to adopt again.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:40 AM
New Fan

i wud lyk ta b adopted Plz im kinda lost, it wud b much help
fanx
Old 10-21-2006, 03:30 AM
Master Fan

Fan Forum hates me so much. I hardly noticed this had happened, everytime I try to post I get errors or stuff when I want to post here

So, sorry for the delays, sorry for not opening the threads...

JamesLaffertyLover, you should PM SweetP and you'll have been adopted

omarizwoman, you should PM Chynna Princess

And as for rachel_19 and ~Jewel~, I'll be making an exception now and adding you before the list was updated, basically because it was partly my fault that it was updated . But next time, please ask to be added once the list is updated as we state on the first thread

ADOPTION LIST :: 10/21/2006

Sacha should have adopted Fizz
caf123 should have adopted how2savealife
buffyannAlex should have adopted AllKindsOfTime
SweetP should have adopted JamesLaffertyLover
Chynna Princess should have adopted omarizwoman

Next to Adopt:
  1. Bella21

2. JoAFreak
  3. Holly1985
  4. Undeniable
  5. EphramIsHot
  6. ~Lilith~
  7. SweetAsCandy
  8. silver_lined_cloud
  9. rachel_19
  10. ~Jewel~
"There are few out there who do still believe in you. A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds, those are the people I want in your hearts. [...]This game is not over. This battle is not over. Clear eyes, full hearts? CAN'T LOSE!"