Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2004, 12:33 PM
Addicted Fan

Cara - Welcome! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] I hope you didn't think my post was meant to get people to come out and appreciate me or anything. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I just have fun telling other people that they need to update. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Susie & Surya - Yes, I believe you two are working hard on your updates and what not but Sus needs to update more because she is slow (you know I love you!) and Sur takes forever to churn out a chapter (even though I always get to read before other people so yay!) but seriously you two need to keep writing if only for the sake of my sanity. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Liza - I cannot believe I forgot to mention you in the list of people who need to update. How long has it been since IHTBY was updated? A year? Get moving, missy. [img]smilies/whip.gif[/img]

And the Valentine idea seems cool although I have no idea what it is about.

Icon by wicked_one
Jamie Witter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 12:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by inmyeyes:
<STRONG>Anyway. I had an idea- the D/Hr ship is having a Secret Valentine fic exchange type thingy and I thought it might be fun for us to do that. If enough people/writers are interested in doing it, it'd be a good way to get more fic. Heh. </STRONG>
I want in if we do it soon...I am slow
Old 01-23-2004, 04:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Witter:
<STRONG>
Susie & Surya - Yes, I believe you two are working hard on your updates and what not but Sus needs to update more because she is slow (you know I love you!) and Sur takes forever to churn out a chapter (even though I always get to read before other people so yay!) but seriously you two need to keep writing if only for the sake of my sanity. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
</STRONG>
I think you might mean WRITE and not UPDATE, but since you said update, you can't complain because I just updated. Now that is twice in the last week I have updated something. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2004, 04:43 PM
Master Fan

what's this valentine's idea all about? sounds interesting. i may be interested in writing even tho i haven't written any Trory fic before. I'm tempted to write them, but i dont know. i've been writing pacey/joey fic for years, but im starting to go off them now so i need to find another couple to fill the void.
~Maz~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 04:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hey Maz! Do it, give into the temptation. Write Trory. It is good for the soul. Like super good. Trust me. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2004, 05:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Pimpin' the update to Here We Are Again by our very own Susie and James. As you would expect from these two, it's great!
Old 01-23-2004, 05:23 PM
Ultimate Fan

Aww...Marsh...pimping something besides me and my whore-ish **** ho-bag ways [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I loved it as well [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img] TUTTO BENNE!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

You have my undying respect ladies. I love you both marvelous much, and I left you some review love-droppings over at ffnazis.net, I MEAN...ff.net [img]smilies/evil_laugh.gif[/img]

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
sumiregusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 06:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter's Lost Girl:
<STRONG>Aww...Marsh...pimping something besides me and my whore-ish **** ho-bag ways [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I loved it as well [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img] TUTTO BENNE!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

You have my undying respect ladies. I love you both marvelous much, and I left you some review love-droppings over at ffnazis.net, I MEAN...ff.net [img]smilies/evil_laugh.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Sure....I'm offline for 15 minutes and you get on!

Maz: You should definitely join this valentine's fic thing. Now to drum up more people who are interested so we can work out the detail *hint, hint* because seriously, I'll need time to write.
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2004, 07:41 PM
Master Fan

Awwww. That was a great chapter Susie and James

I loved it!

Valentine's fanfic? [img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img] I just get excited at the thought! [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]
Damon/Elena Jeremy/Anna TEAM ANNA TEAM DAMON
jayta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 09:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Man you guys go through this thread fast. It's so flattering to here that people only read fics recced from here. But I guess that's understandable ... because (channeling Will Ferrell) we're AWESOME!

Boatloads of radness aside, it's good to see other people *ahem* picking up the writing slack around here. Good to see some new blood around. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Geeze, this post did not make sense at all. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

You know it's funny people these people go to sleep, they think everything's fine, everything's good, they wake up the next day and they're on fire!

(You'll forever get my admiration if you know where the second quote came from!)
toughfluff * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 10:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by toughfluff *:
<STRONG>Man you guys go through this thread fast. It's so flattering to here that people only read fics recced from here. But I guess that's understandable ... because (channeling Will Ferrell) we're AWESOME!

Boatloads of radness aside, it's good to see other people *ahem* picking up the writing slack around here. Good to see some new blood around. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Geeze, this post did not make sense at all. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Then my brain must be on the fritz cuz I understood all of it [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Damon/Elena Jeremy/Anna TEAM ANNA TEAM DAMON
jayta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 11:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Okay, just a little clarification on how the fic exchange thing would work. Basically, everyone who's interested will send in details of their challenge (i.e. what they want to see in the fic, when it's set etc) and once everything is in, whoever's in charge will randomly give out assignments. And, of course, we'll have a deadline (which doesn't necessarily have to be Valentine's Day, given that two weeks is quite a short time to do all this) by which all the fics have to be submitted. Here's how the D/Hr people are doing it.

Jamie: *cough* It's been about 6 months actually. Eeek. I feel really bad about it, especially since I can wrap up the story very soon. But yes, I will and update. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Iris! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Long time no see.

I've found I'm scared to know I'm always on your mind
inmyeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 06:46 AM
Master Fan

That fic exchange thing sounds really good actually. I may just have to give it a go. But i don't know if my first Trory fic should really be written on a deadline, so maybe i'll just write a fic, but not for the challege. i dont even really have an idea yet. but i would love to read all the fics this would produce. you guys are all really great writers.
~Maz~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 08:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Maz~:
<STRONG>That fic exchange thing sounds really good actually. I may just have to give it a go. But i don't know if my first Trory fic should really be written on a deadline, so maybe i'll just write a fic, but not for the challege. i dont even really have an idea yet. but i would love to read all the fics this would produce. you guys are all really great writers.</STRONG>

Maybe having the plot somewhat set for you would be helpful for your first trory? Either way I'm sure they will get posted somewhere for everyone to read.

Ok...so who wants to be in charge? I would love to help. What kind of deadline do we want? Should we put some kind of constraints on the length?

*is eager to get started* &lt;-- can you tell?

Cara: are you the same Cara that sent me a review today?

[ 01-24-2004: Message edited Surya ]
Old 01-24-2004, 11:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

I would be more than willing to do whatever...since I really can't get back into the trory thread awards (sorry, I have tried, but I am not feeling it), but I would love to do whatever to help set this up. I guess we need someone to just take charge and say this is what we are going to do? Or two or three people? I think a couple might be good because people get busy and all, and yeah, so let's work this out...