Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2015, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Eh, Dean wasn't Luke's responsibility. Dean is an adult & can do whatever he wants, I say let him make a mistake. And I really liked Marty. I felt he had the most potential to be a good romantic foil for Rory. Different strokes. Digger annoyed the hell out of me! I can't believe Lorelai dated him?!
Old 12-08-2015, 12:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

well dean was spewing that the still loved rory. the next day it felt like a good time for luke to be like "are you sure you are ready to get married?" it seems like something a normal human would do in that situation. i know that luke felt awkward and doesnt know dean well but dean was very obviously making a mistake and he was so young that i feel like someone should have said something to him. he was barely an adult imo and getting married wasnt a smart decision whatsoever.

405 was an okay episode. the luke/lorelai bits were the best parts.

im not sure why lorelai is so angry with emily again this season, they made so much progress in season 1 and 2, its sad to see her be so horrible to her mom. imo what was in the past is the past and emilys always just wanted the best for lorelai.

not loving this season so far and i dont love the college stuff much at all. marty is so boring and he was really dorky in the episode and its obvious that rory isn't feeling it either. i felt bad for her when she asked that guy on a date, trying to put herself out there and he said no.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Meh, that's a job for Dean's parents, Luke doesn't need to be a father figure and doll out advice IMO. He was 18 so that's an adult in my eyes. It's his mistake to make and I was SO unhappy with Rory that she chose to rebound with him and have an affair. Oh well, people make mistakes, I know. I forgave her but was disappointed in her to say the least. And Marty was a little dorky but I happen to like cute dorks. You can keep your stud muffins on these teen dramas, I'll always choose the funny, charming dorks (*cough* Nathan Fillion *cough*) over them any day of the week! But that's just me.

As I've said, the best parts of season 4 I remember were the LL bits, everything else is meh.
Old 12-08-2015, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I agree that the best parts of S4 were the LL scenes/moments.
Old 12-09-2015, 03:35 AM
Supreme Fan

God, I hated Rory for starting that affair with Dean...it was so naive and sad at the same time.....but I also know that in real life people mess up just as much, so it was realistic.

I actually liked Marty quite a lot. He was awkward in the beginning, but he really seemed to care for Rory and I liked their friendship. I would him chosen him over any stud aswell (though I still prefer the combo of sexy + dorkiness ), since looks just aren't as important as the inner click, if you know what I mean.

It's been a while since I saw S4, but I remember enjoying it. I liked seeing Rory in another enviroment. Back then I was pretty scared it would destroy the show, but it didn't. I liked the Jess fallout and the L/L moments, but also big episodes like: ''tick,tick,tick, boom and afterboom''.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

406:

sometimes emily makes things harder for herself. she goes into lorelais house and says they decided to go in a different direction? why didnt she just say she was sorry and that richard changed his mind? eventually she got to that point but at first she was so cold with lorelai. but its easy to see both sides in their relationship. it was cute when lor defended her later.

rory with her "study tree" was pretty funny.

kirk is a pretty useless character to me and i dont really care about his dumb storylines.

and i just dont like digger, theres something weird about the actor that turns me off him. with that said he and lorelai do have good banter but idk, i just see a friendship there.
Old 12-09-2015, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Kirk is there for comic relief and that's about it. He was annoying, yes, but when I look back on the series, he really was a big part in the fabric of the show and its eccentric townies.

Well, I already said my bit about Digger. I could've done without that character and then when he comes back at the end of season 4??
Old 12-10-2015, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I didn't mind Kirk most of the time. He definitely was one of the most eccentric characters though.

I never felt that there was chemistry between Jason and Lorelai.
Old 12-11-2015, 03:08 AM
Supreme Fan

I didn't really like Kirk. He had his moments, but he was overused at some point imo. Same with Taylor. The same kind of jokes became tiresome. Town people wise I always prefered Babette and Miss Patty...or hell, even Gypsy and Andrew.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

i didnt really like any of them but i guess they did add to the show. i just felt they could have been used even less then they were lol.
Old 12-12-2015, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I mean, those characters symbolize Stars Hollow for me and I grew to love their eccentricities even though I do agree some of them were focused on too much.
Old 12-13-2015, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

407 was okay. so far this season is just kind of bland compared to the others, i dont feel like the show has any direction really.

lane trying to find a new band mate was kinda boring. as was the sookie stuff with the midwife. I'm also not happy that luke and his ex wanted to try dating again.

408 same thing. slightly boring. i did like seeing lorelais little freak out seeing nicole in the bar.

they just skipped over sookies birth which was weird. and i feel like her pregnancy came and went really quick!

rory writing a mean review was funny.
Old 12-14-2015, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

When I think about it, the entire show didn't really have a real "direction" it was headed, it felt like it meandered through these people's lives and showed different dynamics of relationships? I could always depend upon it, even the more boring SLs, for a laugh and it delivered on that front IMO.
Old 12-14-2015, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

i agree with that but at least in seasons 1-3 i felt like it was working toward a new relationship for lorelai and her parents. it was also dealing with rory trying to get into harvard and finishing high school. it seemed to flow and they had a direction in each of those seasons imo. they seemed to have general plots that they extended on through the season.

but season 4 so far feels so choppy to me. like, rory's not headed for anything. they kinda skimmed over the issues lorelai had with emily and she's back at family dinners. they rushed through sookies pregnancy... theres not really a storyline thats continuing through episodes. the only story they really seem to be building is the one with lane and her band but thats boring imo. lol
Old 12-14-2015, 10:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

It's been so long since I've seen season 4 in its entirety, but I'm sure you've got a point about it not having any flow. I did feel like it at least had direction in the latter half dedicated to LL progression, so there was that?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread