Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2016, 09:36 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hso (View Post)
So I was thinking about this (again ) and I think the revival must end with either R/J or a single Rory with a choice to make.

Scott has been talking on Gilmore Guys how they're hoping the revival does very well so they might greenlight more episodes. As Milo said, the majority of fans are R/J. If the show ends with L/R, I think there'll be too much backlash. Like on How I Met Your Mother - people were really angry with how that show ended. So with that in mind, I think Amy will either go R/J or she'll have Rory with a cliffhanger choice of who's it going to be for her.
I think it will be an open end, for sure. I just hope it won't be a real cliffhanger because that would be just cruel

I'll also bring up this quote from Keiko:

"There are things that are written that wrap up certain storylines, and yet…"

If it's R/J I think it will be maybe a kiss/hint at the very end, kind of like the S2 season finale.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:10 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah I really, really hope she doesn't end up with Logan. I don't even hate Logan, I just don't think they're a good match long term and it would really taint a lot of the revival for me...unless they somehow did it super, super well.

Rory ending single would be fine, but still disappointing. But I want a hint of RJ so badly in the end or endgame. And I NEED some moments in the revival. A kiss, a dance, a hug, something.

Quote:

If it's R/J I think it will be maybe a kiss/hint at the very end, kind of like the S2 season finale.
I'd be cool with that!
Old 05-12-2016, 11:35 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frattaglia (View Post)
I think it will be an open end, for sure. I just hope it won't be a real cliffhanger because that would be just cruel

I'll also bring up this quote from Keiko:

Fratt... I'm seriously start thinking you're my soulmate

But really, as told, I'm almost sure in end it would be Jess or none. I've also found on Gilmore Guys FB page an interview the Palladinos gave to Ausiello when they left the show.
Quote from Amy about season 6 "Everything we put in place this year, we put in place so that we could continue it next year. And that's just the bottom line. This entire story line was in place so that Dan and I could continue it next year. So, if anyone thinks that I threw something at the fans — and why I would want to throw something upsetting at the fans when all they've done is support the show — it's a little nutty. We threw the story line out there because we knew where we were going next year. Dan and I knew."

Despite she was mostly talking about L/L I'm sure that "everything" included the Jess/Rory/Logan story line. They put something in season 6 and planned to end it in season 7. I guess they're going to do now what they haven't done in season 7. That's why - for example - I guess the LDB it's needed: they want to resume Logan character almost where they left him.

Having said so, the cliffhanger it's what really scares me. If the story line has been planned to lead to a certain point, the cliffhanger has to twist if not all of it something important... I honestly don't think it may be related to L/L (again). I also have a clear idea of what it may be and trust me I hope I'm wrong and you're right and it would only be what you think... but I don't know, if that I'm afraid it's too simple...
Old 05-12-2016, 12:36 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalt (View Post)

But really, as told, I'm almost sure in end it would be Jess or none. I've also found on Gilmore Guys FB page an interview the Palladinos gave to Ausiello when they left the show.
Quote from Amy about season 6 "Everything we put in place this year, we put in place so that we could continue it next year. And that's just the bottom line. This entire story line was in place so that Dan and I could continue it next year. So, if anyone thinks that I threw something at the fans — and why I would want to throw something upsetting at the fans when all they've done is support the show — it's a little nutty. We threw the story line out there because we knew where we were going next year. Dan and I knew."

Despite she was mostly talking about L/L I'm sure that "everything" included the Jess/Rory/Logan story line. They put something in season 6 and planned to end it in season 7. I guess they're going to do now what they haven't done in season 7. That's why - for example - I guess the LDB it's needed: they want to resume Logan character almost where they left him.

Having said so, the cliffhanger it's what really scares me. If the story line has been planned to lead to a certain point, the cliffhanger has to twist if not all of it something important... I honestly don't think it may be related to L/L (again). I also have a clear idea of what it may be and trust me I hope I'm wrong and you're right and it would only be what you think... but I don't know, if that I'm afraid it's too simple...
LOL at Amy's quote. She's such a ****. If she didn't want to leave, she didn't have to leave. She makes it sound as if she was fired but SHE WALKED AWAY!
Old 05-12-2016, 12:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

you scaring me what's your speculation? I think it would be way too open ended to have Rory still between Jess and Logan 'til the very end. one storyline has to be wrapped, and MC talking about the characters getting closure gives me hope

I totally think she would've played the triangle in S7 if things had gone her way (and Milo was available), and I kind of expect she'll play the Jess/Logan differences in the revival ...

but I refuse to believe a R/L ending would make sense (moreover if they're picking up with him right where they left him) ...I can see them having a fling or something, but NOT ending up together.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:50 PM
Elite Fan

ASP wanted more money, right? I understand if they were feeling under-appreciated and weren't getting a proper raise, I understand why they would feel frustrated. At this point, GG was one of the WB's last good shows. They had leverage and deserved to be respected. But I don't know the full story.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:12 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frattaglia (View Post)
I refuse to believe a R/L ending would make sense (moreover if they're picking up with him right where they left him) ...I can see them having a fling or something, but NOT ending up together.
Me too... that is not my fear

Spoiler:
Old 05-12-2016, 01:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

At this point I'm also thinking an open-ended finale with maybe a hint in the direction of R/J. I don't really think ASP cares about backlash, but I also can't see her doing a definitive R/L ending. Just doesn't make sense for Rory.

Please do not let there be a cliffhanger though. I didn't even realize this could be a possibility. As much as I love the show, I sincerely hope they won't do another season. Four 90-minute episodes is more than enough time to bring everyone back for a fun reunion and give us a satisfying ending to the series. I'd rather they bring back Bunheads, which never really got a chance, than keep dragging GG out.

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
Old 05-12-2016, 01:30 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
ASP wanted more money, right? I understand if they were feeling under-appreciated and weren't getting a proper raise, I understand why they would feel frustrated. At this point, GG was one of the WB's last good shows. They had leverage and deserved to be respected. But I don't know the full story.
Amy wanted a lot of things at the time, money, complete control and more writing staff. She also wanted The CW to give her and Dan a two year writing deal (not exclusive to GG). Amy is just a mess. It's no secret that I hate her. I respect her genius but I do not respect her ego.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:40 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
LOL at Amy's quote. She's such a ****. If she didn't want to leave, she didn't have to leave. She makes it sound as if she was fired but SHE WALKED AWAY!
We don't know the complete story, so I think it is unfair to judge the Palladinos.

Rory and Logan will find closure. When Rory turned down his proposal, they still had strong feelings, so I would not be surprised if they reconnected. However, they will find that they are not meant to be, as Logan will have moved on, and Rory still does not want to marry him.

As for Jess, MV has said that he is still the one to push certain characters forward, so I really think he will help Rory find her way, in more ways than one.
Old 05-12-2016, 02:21 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm not sure Scott's quotes are really hinting at a R/J reunion... I think he's just saying that the next generation is a big focus now.

It was funny how he said Milo has gotten so good looking now it's hard to remember his lines.

It's hard not to get discouraged based on how much internet presence the LDB guys are making, and how they filmed at the end... that said, this ship hasn't sailed yet, and I still feel like it's still anyone's game.
Old 05-12-2016, 02:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedGirl25 (View Post)
I'm not sure Scott's quotes are really hinting at a R/J reunion... I think he's just saying that the next generation is a big focus now.

It was funny how he said Milo has gotten so good looking now it's hard to remember his lines.

It's hard not to get discouraged based on how much internet presence the LDB guys are making, and how they filmed at the end... that said, this ship hasn't sailed yet, and I still feel like it's still anyone's game.
Them filming at the end really doesn't mean anything. Everything was filmed out of order, if fact Scott said one day he filmd scenes from each of the four episodes in one day. I think they filmed towards the end due to MC filming the Good wife and having to do promotion stuff.

It is anyone's game.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Amy wanted a lot of things at the time, money, complete control and more writing staff. She also wanted The CW to give her and Dan a two year writing deal (not exclusive to GG). Amy is just a mess. It's no secret that I hate her. I respect her genius but I do not respect her ego.
I feel like by this point she had earned those things. It is not rare for showrunners to get writing deals, more money, complete control after running a successful shows for years and yeas, especially when it's one of the few successful shows on that network. She also probably waned job security at The CW and since it was a new network, there would probably be more money too. Again, I don't know the situation and she may have a huge ego, but I do know that she obviously worked incredibly hard and it paid off for the network. Not everyone could do what she was doing and S7 proved that. The network should have listened to her

A lot of showrunners have left when they felt they weren't being respected -- like Aaron Sorkin with The West Wing.

I have faith in the revival and ASP and Dan
Old 05-12-2016, 07:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

I guess i'm with i'm ok with rory ending up alone just not Logan team.
I am not anti Logan, but it seems that ending is going against the values of Asp building up in the series, i think she portrayed the high society kind of silly but i didn't watch the later seasons so i might be wrong.
If r/j is to be the endgame, they better build up to it and make it believable. I mean, i really need them to be together but it has to be persuasive to the audience not just for the sake of it.
Old 05-13-2016, 12:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I am not anti Logan, but it seems that ending is going against the values of Asp building up in the series, i think she portrayed the high society kind of silly but i didn't watch the later seasons so i might be wrong.
This! I said the same thing in the anti R/L thread ...I just can't see ASP placing Rory in Logan's world. Just look at his friends, his family, the whole society life as it's depicted on the show ...unless she really hates Rory, I don't see her giving that ending.

Quote:
Me too... that is not my fear

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Lauren straight up said the final episode doesn't feel final at all, and this coupled with Scott's comment makes me think the Palladinos are deliberately leaving room for more ... my feeling is it will be an open end, but a positive one. like yes, we stop here right now but these characters are still alive and kicking, so who knows if there could be more?

I don't know if I want more though. I'll decide after watching.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread