Fratt, you are my hero.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:03 AM
Loyal Fan

^ahah thanks!
I just think an open end suits more R/J than R/L ...let's hope that's it
Old 05-13-2016, 02:34 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frattaglia (View Post)
^ahah thanks!
Me too. "Open" being the opposite of "closure". I'm also not sure about more eps. I had thought about some sort of spin-off - its an idea they have toyed with previously.
Old 05-13-2016, 03:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frattaglia (View Post)
^ahah thanks!
Yeah I like the R/J open ending. The I can pretend Rory the next Lorelei and Jess the next Luke. Then they live happily ever after.
Old 05-13-2016, 05:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

Guys I'm fairly new to the boards so I don't know if this was addressed before and apologize in advance if it has been.
I'm a huge fan of both Gilmore Girls and that 70's show and there are so much similarities between my favorite characters Steven Hyde and Jess Mariano. I've been thinking about this for quite a time. Unfortunately, none of my non internet friends can relate to this since they didn't watch the show or 'got over it' like ten years ago... I would like to share my thoughts here.

1. Both their fathers bailed.
2. Both of their mothers bailed (or sent him off)
3. Both of them are outcasts.
4. Both of them act hard on the outside, but really want to be loved.
5. Both of them fortunately wind up in the house of a responsible parent figure.(Hyde- Kitty and Red, Jess- Luke's Diner)
6. Both of them act as if they don't care about their relationship, but they do.
7. Even though they don't make some grand gesture for their love, they do the little things to show they care. (ie. Hyde shaved his beard for Jackie, Jess 22.8 miles)
8. They both say 'I love you.' in the same way (Hyde after he cheated with the nurse)
9. Hyde-red, Jess-luke relationship!
10. Both of them bail on their girlfriends in the end.
(Boy was I disappointed when Hyde married a stripper)

Well, I had some more but I'm beginning to sound too much of a nerd so I'll stop here.

Last edited by shyjamie; 05-13-2016 at 05:40 AM
Old 05-13-2016, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

^ Hmm. That's interesting. I didn't watch That 70's Show. And just remember to edit your post. Try not to double post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
The network should have listened to her
Yeah. They should have. But at least we are getting this revival with her and Dan's vision. This is what Amy said in Vulture magazine in 2012.

Quote:
It was a botched negotiation. It really was about the fact that I was working too much. I was going to be the crazy person who was locked in my house and never came out. I heard a lot of 'Amy doesn't need a writing staff because she and [her husband] Dan Palladino write everything!' I thought, That's a great mentality on your part, but if you want to keep the show going for two more years, let me hire more writers. By the way, all this crap we asked for? They had to do anyway when we left. They hired this big writing staff and a producer-director onstage. That's what bugged me the most. They wound up having to do what we asked for anyway, and I wasn't there.
Old 05-13-2016, 11:44 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
Yeah. They should have. But at least we are getting this revival with her and Dan's vision. This is what Amy said in Vulture magazine in 2012.
Yeah, this fact is it wasn't about more money it was about a lack of support from the studio which I think didn't enable them to bring the quality of show they really wanted. As they were often not only writing but producing and sometimes directing. i'm not sure at the time the audience truly understood the pressures the Pallidinos' were under and its fair to say the show did suffer for it. It was definately one of the networks best shows at the time and for them not to apprieciate it, became a big problem.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:29 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco_Cat (View Post)
Me too. "Open" being the opposite of "closure". I'm also not sure about more eps. I had thought about some sort of spin-off - its an idea they have toyed with previously.
The thing is... that would mean the actors would be have to be open to it. I know Milo said he loves GG and Amy and Dan, but I don't know if he would really be open to being in more episodes (especially with a new series just picked up).
Old 05-13-2016, 01:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah, this fact is it wasn't about more money it was about a lack of support from the studio which I think didn't enable them to bring the quality of show they really wanted. As they were often not only writing but producing and sometimes directing. i'm not sure at the time the audience truly understood the pressures the Pallidinos' were under and its fair to say the show did suffer for it. It was definately one of the networks best shows at the time and for them not to apprieciate it, became a big problem.
Definitely. Since they were writing, directing, and producing, I think it really took a toll on them and they probably reached a point where they demanded more support. So I don't blame them for walking and fighting for what they deserve. I mean, of course they don't want to leave their show, the show they worked on and built up for years, but I think everyone reaches a certain point. And it's really a shame because like her quote says, they ended up having to do everything for the new writers and showrunners that Amy wanted That's beyond frustrating.

But now we're getting the revival

And I agree - GG built up this beautiful, quirky world and Logan and his world don't really fit into it. They simply don't. His world is not the world I fell in love with.

And I am SO happy Milo's new show got picked up. It sounds great and there is amazing cast. I need a new dramea/dramedy now that Parenthood is gone.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah but what Amy omits to say is that she was the one who wanted a 2 years deal, the network offered her one. Lauren and Alexis's contracts were up with S7 and everybody knew they were burned out. Amy wanted 2 years so she could spend one to develop another show (what the next year, on another network, became The Return of Jezebel James), and when she didn't get her way, she purposedly screwed up GG. She gets no simpathy from me for the way she left, but I'm glad for this revival. At least this will be a proper ending ...hopefully!

Last edited by Frattaglia; 05-13-2016 at 02:28 PM
Old 05-13-2016, 03:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedGirl25 (View Post)
The thing is... that would mean the actors would be have to be open to it. I know Milo said he loves GG and Amy and Dan, but I don't know if he would really be open to being in more episodes (especially with a new series just picked up).
I don't know, I think it would depend on the concept of the spin-off and how the revival turns out. If Milo was to consider doing more episodes, I think it would have to be on Netflix or some sort of streaming channel, therefore it wouldn't really clash with a Network, also the seasons could be a lot shorter and there would be less time needed to film them.
Old 05-13-2016, 05:38 PM
Supreme Fan

As far as Milo continuing on additional GG if the show goes for another season on Netflix, it really depends on his contract with NBC.
Old 05-14-2016, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

goodnight dodger
Old 05-14-2016, 09:07 PM
Elite Fan

Love those. But ugh, the last one...breaks my heart
Old 05-14-2016, 11:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

Those arts are beautiful. Thanks for posting!

Hopefully that last one won't be as bittersweet after the revival.

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
Closed Thread   Post New Thread