Old 03-10-2020, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

It looks fabulous! Great job, guys!
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

oooh pretty. i think both girls should have been the same size but other than that everything looks great.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 05:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

This one was pretty..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 01:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

It looks amazing.. the colurs are perfect

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
kostilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 09:29 AM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

This is such a nice combination of colours and graphic, suits the show so well!
KATE. | icon
me and the sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 01:49 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
oooh pretty. i think both girls should have been the same size but other than that everything looks great.
If you are talking about Lorelei & Rory they would be the same size, just may not look it due to the pictures used & their hairstyles

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 08:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

The new colours are very pleasant to look at. Love the new look.
marinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Rory looks clearly smaller to me, and shes behind Lorelai so... considering its gilmore GIRLS i think thats an odd choice, but oh well. nothing to be done.
Old 03-13-2020, 09:00 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Since they're two different pictures, one has to be behind the other. One can be behind & still next to & the same size. That's just the picture choice as I do know the previous graphic used one where they were together which avoided that . Even my own board (Charmed (2018)) has three characters who are the same size because they're all equal leads, but two are behind the other one because otherwise you'd need to make the characters really small to put them next to each other. The more characters in a graphic, the more obvious it may be that one is behind too. You'll find the same thing on the Castle, X-Files, TBBT, Friends, ect. (just to name a few other boards with multiple characters who are equal leads).

Rory looks smaller to me too, but she doesn't measure when I examine the two pictures. If she is its only by millimeters & that'd more be an accident in resizing as no one is perfect at making things exact. No one on the team would be intentionally saying one or the other is not the lead so I'm sorry you feel the graphic is implying that as that wouldn't be the intention

As for 'nothing to be done' I actually can look up who made the graphic & have them double check the two pictures are the same size in their graphic. Then if needed the graphic could be replaced. I can't imagine that'd be all that hard to do if it is a concern for posters here

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
Can you change things after the customisation is put up?
Sometimes. It depends on the situation. We do ask that you wait at least one week, preferably two, before contacting us with your concerns. This is to allow you time to get used to the changes before you contact us as we have found that in most cases the initial shock of change eases over time.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-17-2020, 10:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

I mean... she definitely doesn't look the same size to me lol. And it doesn't help that Rory's photo is very slim and she's facing the side. Castle is the main on that show so i don't see the issue with him being the biggest. If i were on the BBT board I would be a bit irritated that Penny and Sheldon were bigger than Leonard. Monica looks slightly bigger than the others on Friends but that one isn't that bad. As for Charmed, the girl in the front looks bigger to me than the other two girls lol. But I dont really visit any of those boards.

Im sure no one really cares but me and I dont care enough to make a big deal about it or have them change things, butttttt I'm just saying .

Im surprised no one said anything/caught that when the voting was happening?
Old 03-18-2020, 12:35 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Then that's just how they look to you Alexa. All the examples I gave were of boards where the characters are the same size. If they are different its because resizing images isn't exactly easy so unfortunately we can't always make them exact. We do try though. Then sometimes it doesn't always look perfect or exact no matter what we do or try.

Then we're usually done commenting on the graphics by the time we get to the voting stage. I'm surprised if there is a difference no one caught it before when we are commenting on the graphics. But as I said - it could just be an optical allusion which just you can pick up on. (Or me too as I can see what you mean at least for this graphic)

If she is smaller or it just appears smaller though it certainly wasn't a choice or intention by the team. We're just human & things like that happen unfortunately. If it does become an issue though the option is always there for us to look into it further

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-24-2020, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Honestly I think people that make the graphics may be biased. I know for a fact they put them in a specific order based on who they want next to who. The same could happen for choosing to make certain characters bigger.

Again, its fine But maybe mention it in the future if you notice it??? Just trying to keep things fair.
Old 03-28-2020, 01:45 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Generally if a board requests for certain characters to be next to each other we follow to the best of our ability. The team itself may also have changed policies on certain things since you were last on the team so your 'know for a fact' may not longer be the case. Our aim is to make what the board wants regardless of our own personal opinions. If you come onto the team with bias & do otherwise, then don't change your graphic when asked, you then don't get your graphic included as an option in the poll. (On another note if anyone has a personal opinion on Rory & Lorelei being different sizes are they crazy? )

We generally do mention things like that if we notice it . It simply was not noticed in this case as I have already said. Not quite sure why you think otherwise but perhaps when you were on the team people weren't as fair or pedantic as we try to be now. At the end of the day though, we're all human. Some things can slip through. I assure you though that we do aim for lead characters to be the same size.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-04-2020, 11:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well I know how the voting system works. Its not like you guys are given guidelines? Each graphic maker can essentially make whatever thy want, they don't even have to follow the colors that the board members requested no? Whatever graphic gets the most votes wins regardless if it followed what the posters asked for. I think it would be much better if there were set rules for the specific banners before people started making them and then would probably take away issues like this happening.
Reply   Post New Thread