Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2004, 11:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

see I think the Chris Lorelai vibe is being played to make the viewer wonder...but what it is truly about is both of them are at different points in their lives now...she has finally done it, she has the whole life she always wanted. Successful career, great friends, nice home, amazing daughter, at least some relationship with her parents, and now Luke.

Chris is very much aware of the Luke factor in those Inn scenes....he's been told by Rory who she is with, how happy she is, and he sees it all close up at the Inn. She is positively glowing. I think him voicing how proud he is of her is important to Lorelai...hugely so since this is the only person, only family really, she has from her past that wholey accepts her and her choices and can judge her based on what she has wanted and done for herself....not by what someone else wanted for her. She's never had that acceptance and pride from her parents...but Chris, well he knows her past and he knows how hard she has had to work to do it all.

I find her scenes with him at the Inn as two old lovers, two great friends, just being happy for one another and finding a way to stay connected thru time, even though life has taken them differing paths. I doubt Chris is ready for any female relationship with his wife so up in the air and with a career and child to raise, and I think Lorelai fully knows how hard that is, single parenting. She has always felt Chris is her friend first, her extended family, they have Rory. But she is 'all in' with Luke.

Lorelai isn't trying to ooze flirtation with Chris...that's just the way she talks and acts, and he is the same way. Plus, she invited Rory over for lunch KNOWING Chris would be there thinking it would be a great surprise for Rory....she wouldn't have done that if this was a 'gee I wonder if Chris wants me back now?' lunch. It was her kid and his kids together and everyone having fun at HER business. She showed complete shock over even the suggestion that something could come between her and Luke. Never entered her mind.
nancyvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 11:16 PM
Extreme Fan

I dont have much to say about this episode. Kelly B. was great. Luke/Lorelai scenes were hot. Rory/Marty still do nada for me (sorry R/M fans...that's just how I feel). It made me long for Logan. Personally watching him and Paris is a lot more interesting.
Old 11-19-2004, 06:35 AM
Extreme Fan

5.09 - Emily Says Hello - Video Clips

5.09 - Emily says Hello - Video Clips

The links below are for a total of 12 clips of the episode.

All the files this time are wmv format. There were too many, and they were too large to do it any other way. If anyone feels that they need and .mpg or DivX .avi version. Let me know and I'll see what we can do.

They are:

Rory - Paris - Marty - Paris Gives A Rat's Ass - 5.2 mB - Time 1:18

Rory - Lorelai - Marty - Loop-Holey & Sock-Hoppy - 10.7mB - Time 2:46

Lorelai - Luke - No Gloating Much & Kiss - 5.5 mB - Time 0:49

Lorelai - Chris - Tour & Lunch Order - 5.4 mB - Time 1:23

Lorelai - Chris - Rory - Rory Confronts Chris - 12.8 mB - Time 3:18

Lorelai - Rory - Lorelai Lies to Rory - 7.2 mB - Time 1:50

Lorelai - Luke - Lorelai Lies to Luke - 5.9 mB - Time 1:30

Lorelai - Emily - You in 20 Years & Dress Up - 10.5 mB - Time 2:49

Lorelai - Luke - Luke Says It's OK - 5.7 mB - Time 1:26

Rory - Paris - Marty - Breaking Fast & Fast Asleep - 8.3 mB - Time 2:05

Lorelai - Chris - Lights Out - 2.8 mB - Time 0:38

Emily - Returns from Date - 3.4 mB - Time 0.47

The clips below are available now, but are subject to being rotated for bandwidth reasons.

Computer Geek Stuff:

PC Users - Right Click to save on your machine
Mac Users - CTL Click to get context menu to save on your machine.

Rory - Paris - Marty - Paris Gives A Rat's Ass - 5.2 mB - wmv Format

Rory - Lorelai - Marty - Loop-Holey & Sock-Hoppy - 10.7mB - wmv Format

Lorelai - Luke - No Gloating Much & Kiss - 5.5 mB - wmv Format

Lorelai - Chris - Tour & Lunch Order - 5.4 mB - wmv Format

Lorelai - Chris - Rory - Rory Confronts Chris - 12.8 mB - wmv Format

Lorelai - Rory - Lorelai Lies to Rory - 7.2 mB - wmv Format

Lorelai - Luke - Lorelai Lies to Luke - 5.9 mB - wmv Format

Lorelai - Emily - You in 20 Years & Dress Up - 10.5 mB - wmv Format

Lorelai - Luke - Luke Says It's OK - 5.7 mB - wmv Format

Rory - Paris - Marty - Breaking Fast & Fast Asleep - 8.3 mB - wmv Format

Lorelai - Chris - Lights Out - 2.8 mB - wmv Format

Emily - Returns from Date - 3.4 mB - wmv Format
Old 11-19-2004, 06:51 AM
Addicted Fan

Thanks, Jim!!
ilovetheshins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 11:29 AM
Master Fan

One of the best eps of this season so far.
KB at her best, give her an Emmy.
And again, really great quotes (I just looooove them)

E: You get over here right now.
L: Who is this?
E: Who is this? This is you in 20 years !!
and of course

L: Chanel Attack !!!!

L/L, cute as always and FINALLY some hot scenes. But Christopher, sorry, I just don´t like him. He always has this puppy look on his face. Well 5 more eps and then he´s gone.....
Paris, you just got to love her. Rory and Marty, I hope we get a lot more of them.
FuzzyCerts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 06:53 PM
Loyal Fan

I think the only vibes ASP tried to put out there was lorelai's ignorance of how precarious the chris situation was.

she didn't knwo why he didn't call, she thought everything, the lunch, was fine....
{Sophie }<3{Smitty #666 }<3{Java Junkie }<3{Cerulean #19}

{ILY #17}{LL #12}{Keeper of Lorelai's arms during the ESK}

addict
froukje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 09:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by gilmoresfan
A comment on Emilys date. Well, first of all KB is wonderful and the closing scene was great. Of course it would have been better if Richard was waiting for her, but heres what I noticed on Emilys date. The were eating on the patio in November???Emily had her elbow on the table while they were eating???? Now when he was walking her back to the house was anyone else afraid that he might go in with her, because it looked that way to me at first. Also, when she got inside I got a feeling that she would cry for some reason. Someone on another forum pointed out a good point about the last scene. I have to agree with them. There thought was that Emily had actually enjoyed her date and she was not pretending. It wasn't until she closed that door that it hit her like a ton of bricks. She was alone, she was guilty, she was scared (of the concept of dating after so many years and losing her husband). All I have to say is they better reconcile and it better happen on camera!
Exactly! I agree a lot with that - she enjoyed her date but when she got home it was like WOAH WHAT HAVE I DONE!?

not enough room for my HP quote - damn it

*marina*
Gilmoracholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 05:59 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks so much for the clips!!!
Ania R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 02:20 PM
New Fan

Is anyone else having trouble playing the video clips or is it just my silly computer? I can download them fine. They just won't play.
CircleSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread