Old 01-12-2021, 09:07 PM
Elite Fan

Sounds good!
Old 01-13-2021, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Great I think I'll watch the first episode today
Old 01-13-2021, 09:06 PM
Elite Fan

Awesome! I'll try tomorrow if I can get schoolwork done, if not Friday.
Old 01-14-2021, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Perfect! I'm gathering my various thoughts on the episode
Old 01-14-2021, 09:26 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I'll see how things go this weekend.
Old 01-15-2021, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Sounds good!

Some of my episode 1 thoughts! They are a bit jumbled

-The different intro for this episode always throws me off

-“Leave it to a girl to screw things up.” We must deal with misogynistic Sokka for a bit But on the plus side Sokka being this kind of butthead made Katara throw a fit and then her powers went haywire and then tada! A boy in the ice. There was a purpose to Sokka being so trashy.

-Imagine flying up in the air each time you sneeze. Aang can relate

-Poor Appa was so tired he couldn’t even fly Makes sense for being asleep a 100 years and all.

- “Wow everything freezes in there.” Aang coming out of what is presumably the bathroom

-Zuko all intense and desperate and thinking the Avatar as is over 100 years old. Iroh being chill and just wanting to play his game and eat. Their dynamic was established so well right from the jump.

-Forever worried about the penguins being alright after they were used for sledding

- Ah yes. The Fire Nation ship that stirred up this whole plot. And brought the classically smooth line from Aang after he learned that 100 years have gone by. Katara: “Maybe somehow there’s a bright side to all of this.” Aang: “I did get to meet you”

- “Quite agile for his old age.” Zuko seeing Aang from afar. *facepalm*

-Just a general observation. I feel like earlier episodes used a lot more kiddie humor, or more obvious kiddie humor. Like Appa sneezing a bunch of snot onto Sokka. That kind of stuff.
Old 01-15-2021, 09:03 PM
Elite Fan

Alright I just watched episode 1!

-When I went to look it up on Netflix I noticed to movie is also on there
-Ooo different into!
-Sokka is pretty bad at first...he showed a lot of growth throughout the series. And you're very right about how he is really the reason why Aang got free.
-Katara's bending was very powerful even when she didn't really know what she was doing!
-Sokka and Katara's sibling bickering is on point
-The Southern Water Tribe is so tiny!
-Poor Zuko sailing around. Watching now that I know what happened with his father I feel bad for him even now before he really switched over to the good side.
-The penguins are super cute!
-Lots of good foreshadowing this episode: some hints at all the character's backstory, the fire nation ship that comes up almost 2 full seasons later. You can tell they really had a plan for the show and knew where they wanted it to go.

Quote:
Just a general observation. I feel like earlier episodes used a lot more kiddie humor, or more obvious kiddie humor. Like Appa sneezing a bunch of snot onto Sokka. That kind of stuff.
Oooo this is a good point! I'm going to pay attention to this as we keep going. I wonder if at first they were having a hard time with being a kids show and wanting to be more "dramatic"
Old 01-17-2021, 06:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold-steps (View Post)
-Sokka is pretty bad at first...he showed a lot of growth throughout the series. And you're very right about how he is really the reason why Aang got free.
-Katara's bending was very powerful even when she didn't really know what she was doing!
-The Southern Water Tribe is so tiny!
-Poor Zuko sailing around. Watching now that I know what happened with his father I feel bad for him even now before he really switched over to the good side.
-Lots of good foreshadowing this episode: some hints at all the character's backstory, the fire nation ship that comes up almost 2 full seasons later. You can tell they really had a plan for the show and knew where they wanted it to go.

Oooo this is a good point! I'm going to pay attention to this as we keep going. I wonder if at first they were having a hard time with being a kids show and wanting to be more "dramatic"
-Thank you butthead Sokka for your big contribution to the storyline
-That’s true about Katara’s powers! She clearly had so much untapped potential
-The Southern Water tribe really is so tiny No wonder Sokka is so stressed about keeping them safe.
-It’s very different watching Zuko in the early episodes once you know his full story It’s watching his storyline in a completely different way.
-Agreed! They set the stage so well

Yes! I mean I know it’s meant to be a kids show But I feel like the very obvious kid humor was more present at the beginning and then it fades as we go along.
Old 01-17-2021, 08:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I mean I know it’s meant to be a kids show But I feel like the very obvious kid humor was more present at the beginning and then it fades as we go along.
I see what you mean. The show seems a little more mature as it goes along, you're definitely right.

Another thing that hit me after I finished watching was how just how long 100 years is! That's a long time for a war to go on and for there to be no Avatar.
Old 01-18-2021, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You’re right 100 years is such a long time! I’m surprised that Zuko actually thought there was an Avatar that was over 100 years old just hiding out. Like...did anyone live that long?
Old 01-18-2021, 08:33 PM
Elite Fan

Maybe in Avatar land they did? I probably would have been one of those people who believed there was no more Avatar though.
Old 01-19-2021, 07:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Could be I feel like I would have thought the worst also It would be hard not to.

Hopefully our other viewers will join us soon
Old 01-19-2021, 07:47 PM
Elite Fan

Me too.

Do you want to wait a bit to keep going to give anyone else who wants to a chance to rewatch?
Old 01-20-2021, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Maybe we can wait until the weekend and then keep going? At least it should be pretty easy to catch up if others want to join in
Old 01-20-2021, 08:19 PM
Elite Fan

sounds good!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread