Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2020, 05:11 PM
Graphics Team

I don’t know what she’s really like so.. I wasn’t that attached to her.

And yes it was
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 10-28-2020, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, she was better portrayed in Smallville. Although she's supposed to be a blonde.

I thought so. But I always wondered why they used H.G. Wells when there are already time traveling characters in the DC universe.
Old 10-28-2020, 10:00 PM
Total Fan

That was an AU version of Lana though. Things and people were different there. We never met Lana from Lois & Clark's universe. She may have had a completely different personality. If she was like the AU Lana Clark probably wouldn't even have considered inviting her to his & Lois' wedding.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:31 AM
Graphics Team

^ That’s true. She probably was different in their world rather than the AU.

But anyway, back to talking about Clark and his parents
Old 10-29-2020, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay, sorry, Jac.

I actually thought this John and Martha were a lot more realistic than the ones from Man of Steel.
Old 10-29-2020, 07:20 PM
Graphics Team

I don’t even remember much what that Jonathan was like.. but I think I remember Martha from there.

But is this Martha and Jonathan like the comics?
Old 10-31-2020, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidian star (View Post)
I don’t even remember much what that Jonathan was like.. but I think I remember Martha from there.

But is this Martha and Jonathan like the comics?
Yes, because Jonathan didn't die in the comics. I honestly don't know why some people always wanna kill Jonathan off. Also, Jonathan and Martha weren't young when they adopted Clark. They were in their 30s and were afraid that they'd never be able to conceive a child, so by the time Clark was a teenager his parents were close to their 50s.
Old 10-31-2020, 06:53 PM
Graphics Team

Does sound kinda like this show then
Old 11-03-2020, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes it is. The creator of Lois & Clark based a lot of the show on the Man of Steel DC Comics miniseries that came out in 1986 that rebooted Superman's origin, and Jonathan and Martha on the show are very similar to that version.
Old 11-07-2020, 09:00 PM
Graphics Team

Well I’m sure fans loves it
Old 11-08-2020, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Yes, because Jonathan didn't die in the comics. I honestly don't know why some people always wanna kill Jonathan off. Also, Jonathan and Martha weren't young when they adopted Clark. They were in their 30s and were afraid that they'd never be able to conceive a child, so by the time Clark was a teenager his parents were close to their 50s.
What do you mean Jonathan didn't die in the comics? as a comic book reader, for most things Superman, I gotta say you are completely wrong in that. lol
But where I'll defend you on is that Jonathan Kent didn't die in every issue. Depends on which comic book you read. In certain issues we have Ma Kent and Pa Kent old and happy, some comics we have them both gone, some other comics we have Ma Kent on the farm alone.
We can blame Superman: The Movie for Jonathan's death. lol Because Christopher Reeves movie was so popular and well-known people stuck with that backstory and the majority of the other Superman mythologies followed suit.
I don't think people want to kill Jonathan off, I believe that a lot of people believe it's what is suppose to happen because Superman the Movie. ...so it's sort of everyone just waiting for it to happen.
Old 11-12-2020, 11:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

When did Jonathan die in the comics, Tia? He was still alive in the Man of Steel miniseries by John Byrne. Did they kill him off in the 1990s or something?
Old 11-18-2020, 07:39 AM
Graphics Team

I wonder why they have this back and forth about the dad dying.
They just leave Martha alone?
Old 11-19-2020, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ When it comes to tv shows/movies, Jonathan mostly dies... I don't think it's a back and forth with that, unfortunately. I think the movies/shows believe Jonathan is destined to die or has to....

Even if anyone knows the Superman & Lois new series, Elizabeth Tulloch is an inspiration of the Reeves Superman Movies. And they mention Smallville as well. Seems like they are missing those two mythologies with a little bit of the comics.
For the most part, expect Jonathan to always die though. So thankful they didn't do that on this show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
When did Jonathan die in the comics, Tia? He was still alive in the Man of Steel miniseries by John Byrne. Did they kill him off in the 1990s or something?

He died in the 50s... if I can find the comic book (I have it but I forgot which one it was) ... he was on his deathbed and he was the one who sort of gave him the name Superman... unintentionally, he told him he's not just a random man, he's a Superman... I know I am butchering the whole line up but it's something like that. lol

I think he died because he had heart problems and he was older.
Also in some issues, you had both Martha and Jonathan die because of older age... like Adventures of Superman tv series wait or is it the Superman series... it's one of them because I know Noel Neill as Lois Lane... she was Lois Lane in both of those series. Jonathan and Martha had different names as well. lol But they are the same Kents.

I watched pretty much anything Superman so if you need some questions answers when it comes to Superman, I probably can give them to you. For future references. My brain is Superman over explode. lol

I really do believe that because Superman: The Movie was so popular though that many of the tv shows and movies felt they needed to follow that so a lot of these filmmakers probably don't truly follow the comics, but the Superman: The Movie, movie....

You are right about the 90s, Jonathan died in those comics and Martha remained alive.
Old 11-19-2020, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I have no idea why the TV shows and movies do that, Tia. Maybe it's because of how dramatic and emotionally powerful the death of Glenn Ford's Jonathan was in the original movie?

When did post-Crisis Jonathan die? The 1990s? Man, I thought they'd let him live. I guess that must've happened after I stopped buying comics. I know that Jonathan was alive during the Death of Superman storyline in the early 1990s.