Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-14-2006, 01:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Board Recustomization

Hi everyone,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of recustomizing message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture suggestions or colour ideas, please post them on this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible.

Your suggestions for possible colors and pictures will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customized look possible, the final decision concerning how this board will be customized will be made by the members of the Graphics Team, because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colors fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me or ask them here. For a full explanation of the message board customization process, see this thread.

Could the mods of this board please top this thread and leave it topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customized.

Jen
Old 10-14-2006, 04:57 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I can't wait to see what you come up with!
Old 10-14-2006, 06:38 AM
Master Fan

O-o-o-h! I am SO excited!!!!!!

I've been wishing and hoping for this for months now and it's finally our turn! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

It will take me a day or two to organize my suggestions, but I'll be back here with some ideas -- count on it!

OK everybody -- -- it's our turn! Let's make the most of it!!!

Jason Behr Obsessee #165 and damn proud of it!
Gareth David-Lloyd / Ianto Jones Obsessee No. 12 -- And I’m ready for it!
Old 10-14-2006, 07:40 AM
Elite Fan

How cool!! It's our turn!
Ok, now I guess I really have to use my brain this weekend

Alex...pm me with your thoughts cuz I don't want mine to totally clash you yours
Old 10-14-2006, 01:22 PM
Master Fan

Since you don't want hotlinks, may I suggest that you visit Alex's NICK WECHSLER GALLERY. You'll find lots of different kinds of pix of NICK, many of which have large versions available (via: a button to see full-sized version) and some even have larger or higher-quality versions. Is you see what you are interested in -- just ask.

I will, of course, also offer some which are not posted there -- soon.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:34 AM
Master Fan

Ooh This is really exciting
It's a shame Nick doesn't have much photoshoots, except for Roswell S1, S2 and S3 promos. Which, by the way, can be found from Roswell: The Promise galleries

I think green colours would be nice with these Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3. If TV-show photoshoots can be used

Last edited by Anna-Liisa; 10-15-2006 at 01:40 AM
Old 10-15-2006, 06:24 AM
Master Fan

I agree with Anna that NICK seems to favor green. He wears green in a number of candids when he is not "in costume" and seems to look good in that color.

Between my gallery and the site Anna listed -- that's quite few pix to choose from. How many do you usually need to pick from -- give us an idea -- do you need more? We've never done this before and you have!
Old 10-15-2006, 01:00 PM
Master Fan

Congrats in getting the board done. I agree Nick needs a new look. Can't wait

Old 10-16-2006, 04:45 PM
Master Fan

I highly recommend that everyone read the thread on board customization Here. I read it some time ago but now that we are on the list I read it again and actually paid attention. It's a really interesting process and I am impressed that the graphics team came up with such a process.

To the Graphics Team: Truth is -- there are not very many actual photo-shoots of NICK, especially recently. Anna-Liisa has posted links to an earlier one and the Christina Radish shoot is at my gallery (see my siggy for link). We do have tons and tons of screen grabs from pre-and-post-Roswell shows as well as from Roswell. We also have lots and lots of candids -- NICK looks great in candids. My gallery has screenshots from both of NICK's movies.

I do hope you find the material you need here -- but if you find this a little skimpy -- just tell us and we'll move heaven and earth to come up with what you need, 'cause--
Old 10-17-2006, 04:38 AM
Elite Fan

Here's my two cents
I do like the idea of a green color scheme for the board.(one of my favorite colors) But I think we should try and use the newest picture of Nick (the one in Alex's avitar) that I know Alex has in his Gallery.
I've read through the process and know that it's totally up to the graphic team, but I hope these suggestions can find a way to fit
Old 10-18-2006, 07:38 AM
Master Fan

But it's quite... his hands are half in it o.O Or is it only that his head should be whole?
Old 10-19-2006, 04:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna-Liisa (View Post)
But it's quite... his hands are half in it o.O Or is it only that his head should be whole?
You're right hon (I really miss you btw) it'll be difficult to use that pic. Of course we'll give it a shot, but it may not look right.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:04 AM
Master Fan

Hey Jen (I miss ya too).
Well, we always have the Christina Radish pictures. They're small, but they're newest "good" pics of him. So he won't look like school boy, if they're used.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

Please check-out this photo:http://i11.tinypic.com/2a9xxf4.jpg

Several people have observed that NICK's newest portrait is difficult to manipulate because of the position of his hand in the portrait. (see my avatar on left) I decided to try my hand at removing the hand to make the portrait more easily useful in manipulations. Although I have only the most primitive software, I think the result is not bad -- especially when used in a smaller size.

I figured that since The Graphics Team is going to "play with" the pictures anyway to get the desired effect, it wouldn't really matter if the source material was "doctored." I hope you can make use of this.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I already had to manipulate a whole arm onto him on another picture I used Thanks for that