Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-03-2007, 08:55 AM
Elite Fan

Dawson Leery Appreciation Thread #4: Because he was Tinkerbell's last hope.

.: QUOTES :.

> Dawson in love

"Joey, I am here. I've been here for two days, and only now are we finding a way to talk about stuff that really matters. Like why you left that message. All right? And you know, maybe that is the ending we are supposed to have. Maybe every other attraction that we feel each other is just, fear of moving on, fear of growing up". (502)

-

'I don't know, but I do know that if I get on this plane, I am never going to find out. All right, because, we're gonna, we're gonna move on, we're going to grow up, and four years from now we are going to wake up, and we are going to be complete strangers to each other. The only thing that I know for sure, it that I don't want that to happen. Do you?' (502)

> Cynic Dawson

'Cause part of me wishes I could still be that embarrassing, romantic kid. You know, the one who believed with such conviction in the gospel according to Spielberg. You know, I'm having trouble mustering anything resembling sentimentality or corn or... for lack of a better word, hope'. (514)

> Funny Dawson

'It's become obvious to me that in life you're either a Mac person or a pc person, and the choice defines you. Let me put it to you this way: Beatles or Elvis?' (423)

'Uh, Jen. Sweetheart, I don't want you to have an embolism'. (514)

> Fellow Creekers

Joey: Ok. Um... have you ever had the experience of meeting a guy who was really good-looking and, I don't know, kind of...
Jen: Charming?
Joey: Yes, charming. Very, very charming, and you almost get hypnotized by how charming and good-looking he is, but when you penetrate the surface, even just a little bit, you find that he’s...
Jen: A moron?
Joey: I was gonna say "loser."
Jen: Yeah. Pretty much every single guy that I've ever dated with the exception—
Joey: Dawson.
Jen: Yeah. [Sighs]

.: ICONS :.

.: Future Title Suggestions :.
Dawson Leery appreciation thread #?: He's the creek God, we are his loyal subjects.
Dawson Leery appreciation thread #?: "He can't keep it a secret forever, how incredible he is."
Dawson Leery appreciation thread #?: "He rules, he rocks, he's a golden god, now accept it."

Nic | avi by crisbr

Last edited by wistfuldreamer; 04-14-2008 at 03:55 PM
Old 07-03-2007, 09:59 AM
Master Fan

Thank you for the new thread Nic
Old 07-03-2007, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah, thanks for the new thread.

One of the avi's in the opener is duplicated.

Don't we all just love Dawson.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:14 PM
Elite Fan

No problem gals.

Hmmm..you'd have to blame that on Bea, she made the opening. If she could post an alternate icon for me to replace that one with that'd be great.

I think we should add more quotes to the opening, any suggestions?

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 07-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I will have to think of some good Dawson quotes.

but this must be one of my fave speeches.

Dawson: She's great. I mean, she's smart, she's beautiful, she's funny, she's a big ol' scaredy cat. If you creep up from behind her she'll jump out of her skin. It's pretty amusing. She's honest. She always calls them just like she sees them. You can always count on getting the truth from Joey even if the truth hurts. She's stubborn. We fight a lot. She can be so frustrating sometimes. But she's a really, really, good friend. I know her to a fault. She believes in me. And I'm a dreamer so it's so good to have somebody like that in my life. If she goes away, I don't know what I'm going to do. I mean, she's my best friend, you know? She's more than that. She's everything. (Decisions a.k.a Breaking Away)

D/J had some great speeches as individuals. I love Joey's bit in Coda at the end.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

One of my fave Dawson quotes, pretty much cuz I tend to do the same thing, is:

"I reject reality."
Visit DCook & AI
Old 07-03-2007, 07:05 PM
Elite Fan

I do love that one, but I was looking more for non shipper ones Karen.

I live by that philosophy too. Reality sucks.

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 07-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

but the ones about being in love will probably pertain to ships. And the quote alreqdy in the opener is shippery.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:53 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Nic!

Some quotes:

Dawson: I'm an artist, torture is a prerequisite.
^ I love how dramatic he could be!

Dawson: So, Joey, what have we learned from tonight's 90210?
^ This one always cracks me up...

Dawson: I think sometimes... you have to lose somebody completely before you can figure out what they really mean to you.

Dawson: It's agony. Complete, excruciating agony. It's like your heart has been ripped out of your chest and stomped on, and you can't breathe... you don't want to eat... you can't function. It's the most intense pain that you'll ever feel, and the worst part is, there's no way to relieve it. It's unyielding, merciless torture, and you *know* that it's yours for life.

^ One of my fave quotes.

Old 07-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Elite Fan

Thats true Karen, maybe we should use ones from his other relationships so we aren't giving preference even though most of us are DJers.

Those are great ones Cris! I'll have to organize them into the opening sometime soon.

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 07-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Master Fan

Oh, loving the qui¡otes!

But yes, to me, the best one will always be the 'I reject reality' one that has been mentioned. So plainfuly... honest. And with so much innocence. I mean, only someone with the heart of a kid can do that.

I don't know if you get what I mean
Old 07-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know what you mean! It let you know who this character was gonna be. An introduction to Dawson Leery! A young hearted dreamer!
Visit DCook & AI
Old 07-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Elite Fan

^^ Yeah, a dreamer. Although I loved to see how mature Dawson became along the years, I love to see his early days.

Mr. Gold: Why are you so adamant?
Dawson: Passion, Mr. Gold. Pure, mad-driven passion. Movies are my life.
Mr. Gold: Oh I see.
Dawson: I'm sorry. I'm not coming across well at all here. The point is I'm going to be a filmmaker. It's my life's ambition. It always has been. How many students do you have in this class that can say that? This is a small town Mr. Gold. There's not a lot of opportunity for me. You have the power. You could easily override this bizarre rule that denies students their education.

I also love when he talks to Mitch about sex in Pilot.

Dawson: What is up with the sex?! That's all anybody thinks of anymore. Sex, sex, sex!! I mean, what is the big deal?
Mr. Leery: Sex is a very big part of who we are as human beings.
Dawson: Does that mean we have to go hump the coffee table? If sex is so important then how come Spielberg never has had a sex scene in one of his movies, hmm? (His 'hmm' is so funny ) He keeps it in it's proper place in film as should we in life. I'll be home early.

Old 07-06-2007, 03:13 AM
Elite Fan

Oh love the new thread and all the quotes!! - will try to remember some more.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:02 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah I get what you mean Bea. I'm like Cris though, I think he really grew throughout the show and sadly got a little cynical as he got older, but the dreamer inside him never fully died no matter how much he wanted it to at times.

ETA: Bea I think you should find somewhere to put all the quotes in the opening, I'm having a hard time placing them int he categories and such.

Nic | avi by crisbr

Last edited by wistfuldreamer; 07-06-2007 at 08:15 AM