Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2018, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond insane (View Post)
Can totally use me as an example cause its true
Old 06-07-2018, 09:23 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by calling me home (View Post)
If anyone is curious about any part of the graphics team process I strongly recommend signing up for a mentor who can answer any question you have (graphics team-related). There are no commitments to join the team, or time restrictions or commitments over making graphics. You don't even have to make a graphic if you don't want to, you can just learn about the process & see if you may be interested at some point. Or you may wish to try your hand at making a -style graphic & get some feedback from someone who is on the team. No need to join the team, you'd just get feedback, & you can leave it at that

Then, totally using Sarah as example here (sorry), but she signed up for a mentor back when this first started & she makes graphics when she has time & muse, PMs me for feedback, ect. She can go months without PMing me anything & then turn around & PM me something more & I'll be there for her still. That's what this program is here for, to help you on your terms & in your time. Really if you have thought about joining the team but aren't sure if you have the time for it this mentoring program is perfect for you as it gives you the chance to see what is required of you without joining the team. Your mentor can guide you on the process, give you suggestions & feedback, & allow you time to attempt to make two graphics in the roughly two week period to see if you can do it

Also if there are any artists around (or outside if you want to get them to join ) that you know of who may be interested in this, or you think may be a good addition to the team please point them in the direction of this thread or let one of the GT managers know & we can approach them & see if they're interested in signing up for a mentor &/or joining the team

I've tried to do the fanforum banners and have PM'd my mentor a few times, but I still can't seem to get how to do the banners at all and I think it's because I'm so used to doing bigger banners so these just don't work for me to do..it's really frustrating for me no matter how hard I've tried to do them I just can't and it doesn't help that I can't really find the pictures in HQ either of whoever I want to do and especially if the person is not known well so there's very few few HQ photos for me to work with. It's one thing that I feel I can't do.
Old 06-07-2018, 02:13 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
I just can't and it doesn't help that I can't really find the pictures in HQ either of whoever I want to do and especially if the person is not known well so there's very few few HQ photos for me to work with.
HQ photos are hit & miss, especially if its someone who isn't well known. Chances are very slim that they'll have HQ pictures available. If you do want to work more on it I'd suggest doing someone who does have HQ pictures available. You may not be a fan, but it at least would allow you to practice more with better quality pictures. If you need suggestions on celebrities with HQ pictures anyone on the team can help you with that

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-07-2018, 02:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
HQ photos are hit & miss, especially if its someone who isn't well known. Chances are very slim that they'll have HQ pictures available. If you do want to work more on it I'd suggest doing someone who does have HQ pictures available. You may not be a fan, but it at least would allow you to practice more with better quality pictures. If you need suggestions on celebrities with HQ pictures anyone on the team can help you with that
Yeah I guess I'd have to do that then and I have tried with someone who has HQ photos, but it's still not working out for me doing the banners, I don't know maybe I just can't do them. It's hard doing those types of smaller banners when your not used to making them all the time.
Old 06-07-2018, 02:24 PM
Graphics Team Manager

It is hard, & it does take practice. Then not everyone can make all the same kinds of arts. There's plenty you can do that I can't.

When you're making them are you working with the small size canvas or a larger one which you later resize?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-07-2018, 02:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It is hard, & it does take practice. Then not everyone can make all the same kinds of arts. There's plenty you can do that I can't.

When you're making them are you working with the small size canvas or a larger one which you later resize?
I was trying to work with the small canvas I guess it'd be 460x200? and yeah I'm aware it does take practice.
Old 06-07-2018, 02:30 PM
Graphics Team Manager

That's the larger canvas which gets resized that I meant. You could possibly try 920x400 but not sure how that'll go when it gets resized down to 230x100

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-07-2018, 02:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That's the larger canvas which gets resized that I meant. You could possibly try 920x400 but not sure how that'll go when it gets resized down to 230x100
Oh okay sorry about that and I guess I could try that size, but yeah I think it might look a little weird once resized. I'm also having trouble finding HQ photos that are like the same colors like the 3 that I've found aren't matching colors in the face so I've had to try and touch them up as the same as the one and that was really frustrating too and I'm also having trouble with doing the brushes too..so again I don't know, I'd like to do them, but it's harder then I thought..
Old 06-07-2018, 02:35 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Right now I've got to get ready for work but if you want to PM me to discuss things further feel free & I'll get back to you later today

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-07-2018, 02:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Right now I've got to get ready for work but if you want to PM me to discuss things further feel free & I'll get back to you later today
Thanks for the little help you gave and I might just do that.
Old 06-07-2018, 03:15 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s90sIsTheBest (View Post)
I've tried to do the fanforum banners and have PM'd my mentor a few times, but I still can't seem to get how to do the banners at all and I think it's because I'm so used to doing bigger banners so these just don't work for me to do..it's really frustrating for me no matter how hard I've tried to do them I just can't and it doesn't help that I can't really find the pictures in HQ either of whoever I want to do and especially if the person is not known well so there's very few few HQ photos for me to work with. It's one thing that I feel I can't do.
I understand your struggle. I've had to put in a lot of time learning to make banners and when I see what I've made compared to others, I see I still have quite a long ways to go. So I feel you. Don't feel bad if you just can't seem to grasp how do it.
S T A R D U S T
Old 06-07-2018, 03:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesdane (View Post)
I understand your struggle. I've had to put in a lot of time learning to make banners and when I see what I've made compared to others, I see I still have quite a long ways to go. So I feel you. Don't feel bad if you just can't seem to grasp how do it.
Hey thanks for the post and I'm glad that you know how I feel...I really want to learn how to make them because I feel it's really the only thing in graphics that I can't do yet, but as I said it's harder then I thought it would be; when I see them posted up it seems so easy. How can something so little be so hard??
Old 06-08-2018, 12:43 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Oh you're definitely not alone . I fortunately had a teacher who could physically teach me how to do them since we knew each other outside of . But I used to think no way, they're way too tiny & fiddly & I couldn't do that. Its a challenge & half the time I still don't think I can do it . Then we all have moments were we just can't do something, but then someone else on the team may be able to fix it for us or point us in the right direction. Sometimes a second pair of eyes (or more) makes all the difference. Definitely don't feel bad & know that we're here to help you

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-08-2018, 05:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Oh you're definitely not alone . I fortunately had a teacher who could physically teach me how to do them since we knew each other outside of . But I used to think no way, they're way too tiny & fiddly & I couldn't do that. Its a challenge & half the time I still don't think I can do it . Then we all have moments were we just can't do something, but then someone else on the team may be able to fix it for us or point us in the right direction. Sometimes a second pair of eyes (or more) makes all the difference. Definitely don't feel bad & know that we're here to help you
Well it's good that you had a teacher outside of that could teach you them..I'm guessing that made it a bit easier to do them. Me I have to start from scratch basically. I guess I have to keep on trying then because it's like my other graphics I needed to practice a lot to get better and I did.
Old 06-08-2018, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The struggle for skin tones is real! That's my issue. Mostly because some photos are from different shoots with different lighting.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread