Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2016, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Millie, it looks way better I agree with the font, usually for celebrities, we try curvy font, more round and less capital if that makes any sense
But I have to admit, it really looks good
Old 01-18-2016, 04:07 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
Another thing is that I would probably move the biggest picture to the right side instead, since she's facing a bit more that way, just to make the graphic flow together better but that's just a tidbit.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lana piranha (View Post)
I agree, that looks great! I would also suggest changing the font.

Another thing is that I would probably move the biggest picture to the right side instead, since she's facing a bit more that way, just to make the graphic flow together better but that's just a tidbit.
Just to be sure before I do my editing...you mean to swap the side #1 picture is one so the flow is from right to left rather than left to right?

So picture #1 and #3 swap spots?
Old 01-18-2016, 07:10 PM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

I wouldn't swap #1 and #3, I'd move them so that the biggest one (#1) is now on the right and the middle one is the left, and then move the text along to the left side with the two smaller ones.

I made a graph showing what i mean if that helps at all (excuse the horrible paint-drawn mess, I'm at work right now )

Old 01-18-2016, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, here's the final product, hope it's what you want!

Old 01-18-2016, 11:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

That looks good but I would move the text to fill up the space underneath the two smaller pictures. I would use a different font or make the font bigger as it is kind of hard to see.
Old 01-19-2016, 12:52 AM
Elite Fan

Millie Mae I feel you seem to have a good understanding of the celebrity graphics if you want to start working on a television one . There are little things like the text placement, and thinking about the way people are looking when deciding on picture placement, but you work well with our advice so that is the important thing in my mind. If you feel ready to move on would you like us to give you a show like we did for the celebrity or would you prefer to pick the show at first? It can be a good idea to practice on something you love first before trying something you may be completely unfamiliar with.
Old 01-19-2016, 04:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by room to breathe (View Post)
Millie Mae I feel you seem to have a good understanding of the celebrity graphics if you want to start working on a television one . There are little things like the text placement, and thinking about the way people are looking when deciding on picture placement, but you work well with our advice so that is the important thing in my mind. If you feel ready to move on would you like us to give you a show like we did for the celebrity or would you prefer to pick the show at first? It can be a good idea to practice on something you love first before trying something you may be completely unfamiliar with.
Thanks!

I think I will pick something I love to work on first to get the hang of things.

Thank you guys so much for all your help and advice!

I do have a question about banners for other forums though.

Do banners for music artists follow the same idea as celebrity, and group music artists the same as a TV style banner?

Second, do special request forums like Harry Potter, Star Trek or Lord of the Rings have a different type of layout when there are so many cast members to include?
Old 01-19-2016, 04:54 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
Do banners for music artists follow the same idea as celebrity, and group music artists the same as a TV style banner?
Ish. Music Artists yes, but groups you have to remember that there's no "lead character" so every person in the band needs to be the same size as they're a unite and there's no order in which they should go.

Quote:
Second, do special request forums like Harry Potter, Star Trek or Lord of the Rings have a different type of layout when there are so many cast members to include?
Sci-Fi/Fantasy boards it always depends on what they want, they could chose like Game of Thrones did and chose not to put any cast members in, but if they do we follow the same principle as with tv banners, there's just a whole lot more characters to fit in.
Old 01-19-2016, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks! Good to keep in mind!

I want to try my hand at all the different styles of banners!

EDIT:

So I took a stab at it and made a banner for Divergent.

After doing the resize, I can see that the images are too small to see clearly, but I wasn't sure who to include and who not to include. So hopefully with a process of elimination I can improve that!

EDIT 2:

Okay let's face it, that first one was really bad!

So I made another attempt! The font might seem plains but that is the Divergent font, the only difference is, it's not in all CAPS like it is on the book/movie so it looks different.

To get the difference I made a second option with the large font.

Last edited by Mi||iê Måë; 01-19-2016 at 02:45 PM
Old 01-19-2016, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like the last Divergent one
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 01-19-2016, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepThisaSecret (View Post)
I like the last Divergent one
Me too. It's just known for having all caps text so when it's not it doesn't look right!

Thanks Josie!
Old 01-19-2016, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

It should be fine to have it all caps if that's what the series has I really like the background you used and how you have included the factions, Millie May. Looking at it on a bigger canvas, it seems you haven't blended it up on the top, sides and bottom. It kind of looks a bit boxy too.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:00 AM
Elite Fan

When it is the logo all capitals is fine . I would leave off the symbols as they are hard to see on the smaller canvas and leaving them off may allow you to make the text larger. When you compare what you did in your first try to your second there is a huge difference and improvement and that was all of your doing so that is wonderful in my mind. You could see what needed changing by yourself and worked towards improving it .

I agree that it is too boxy, and personally I would prefer to see brushes in the background like you did with the celebrity ones than just an image. You may be able to find a way to incorporate the image into it as well but usually we stick to brushes and/or textures in the background and not images. Or we use both. Some of your skintones do not quite match as some of them look brighter than others.

Quote:
I want to try my hand at all the different styles of banners!
With the general boards it is hard to put a set style to them as each one can be unique so I would stick to just trying the celebrity and a show one as those are the main ones. You may wish to attempt a band as well since it can be slightly different as Mel said before.
Old 01-20-2016, 03:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Is it just me, or are the pictures not in the right scale?

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Closed Thread   Post New Thread