Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

2011 Fan Art Holiday Competition - Questions & Answers

Banner by Jessie (4N6 DNA)

FanForum Holiday Board Art Competition
Get into the holiday spirit! Work together, and show us what your board can do!
Create a holiday themed piece of artwork on the topic of the board to submit to the competition.

Participation:
Anyone can participate! Whether it be creating a fan art or supporting your fellow board members. Visit any of the participating boards and post your submissions. If you are browsing FF and notice that someone's fanart is good and you like their style, I encourage you to send em a PM! Ask them if they know about the holiday competition You'd be surprised how many people I've come across that love making fanarts but have not heard about the competition Together, we can make this a really fun and a successful holiday competition

Please read all of the rules before submitting an art.

Participating Boards:

General Discussion:

Disney
Couples
Female Celebrities
Male Celebrities
Movies (at the Fan Art board)
Sci-Fi/Fantasy (at the Fan Art board)
Television

Female Celebrities:

Alexis Bledel
Ashley Tisdale
Candice Accola
Demi Lovato
Dianna Agron
Emily Deschanel
Evangeline Lilly
Hayden Panettiere
Jennifer Aniston
Katherine Heigl
Kristen Stewart
Lea Michele
Nina Dobrev
Rachel McAdams
Reese Witherspoon
Selena Gomez
Shiri Appleby
Vanessa Anne Hudgens

Male Celebrities:

Hayden Christensen
Heath Ledger
Jake Gyllenhaal
James Lafferty
Jensen Ackles
Johnny Depp
Leonardo DiCaprio
Matthew Fox
Orlando Bloom
Paul Wesley
Taylor Kitsch
Zac Efron

Music Artists:

Carrie Underwood
David Cook
Kris Allen
Miley Cyrus
Taylor Swift
Tyler Hilton

TV Shows: Present:

American Idol & Idol Shows
Bones
Chuck
Dexter
Fringe
Glee
Hart of Dixie
How I Met Your Mother
Misfits
Modern Family
New Girl
NCIS
Nikita
Pretty Little Liars
Supernatural
Switched At Birth
The Big Bang Theory
The Borgias
The Secret Circle
The Vampire Diaries
True Blood
White Collar

TV Shows: Past:

Arrested Development
Beverly Hills, 90210
ER
Friday Night Lights
Friends
Gilmore Girls
Lost
Summerland
That '70s Show
Third Watch

Sci-Fi/Fantasy:

Game of Thrones
Merlin
Star Trek

If you do not see a board here that you are thinking of making an art for, it does not mean you can't participate. As some boards have not signed up this year, to ensure that every type of art from every poster has a place in the competition, the following categories of art will be accepted in a thread on the Fan Art Board:
  • Sci-Fi/ Fantasy
  • Movies

Rules
  • Each participating board will have a thread dedicated to the competition and it will be the place to discuss and post your arts. It's also a great place for suggestions. Each thread is linked above here in this post.
  • The art must be holiday themed and have the board name clear anywhere on the artwork. You are free to use any technique (brushes, textures etc...). For help and tutorials, the FanArt board is a great place to find it.
  • The artwork you submit must be exactly one of the following 4 sizes in pixels and in JPEG format; 400x300, 800x600, 1024x768 or 1280x854.
  • Final submissions should be a separate post in the thread marked with the words "to submit it for the competition" in red. This way, we will know that it is the final version of the art you would like to submit. It will be linked on the beginning post of the thread, updated frequently. If you do not see your art on that post a few days after you post it, please PM me.
  • You will have to include a separate 200x150px thumbnail in JPEG format along with your art to be used in the voting. Please do not add a border to the thumbnail.
  • Art should include your username on the bottom left of all artwork in Verdana, font size 12 (72 pixels per inch).
  • The deadline for art submission is December 18th, 2011 5pm EST. You must have your artwork posted by that time to be considered. No exceptions. Please make sure that your upload site is reliable.
  • You may submit no more than 1 art per board. You may most certainly make more than one for each board and post it on the thread for people to see, however you may only submit one for the competition per board. There is no limit to how many boards you can submit an art for.
  • Special notes:

For TV, Male Celebrities, Female Celebrities and Music, you may only submit an art on a topic that does not include one in which there is a separate board participating. For example:

- If you make a Kris Allen art you would submit it to the Kris Allen board and not the thread for Music on Fan Art because Kris Allen is participating in the competition.
    - If you make a Kelly Clarkson art, the proper place to submit it would be the Music thread on the Fan Art board because even though she has a board here at , it is not on the list of participating boards.

With regards to Couples submissions, you may not submit an art with a movie or TV couple that is from one of the shows participating in the competition unless it features a variety of couples from different boards. For example:

- If you make a Luke and Lorelai art, it must be submitted to the Gilmore Girls board because it is participating.
    - If you make a Rose and The Doctor art, it must be submitted to the Doctor Who board because it is participating.
    - If you make a Luke and Lorelai art that also includes Rose and The Doctor, you should submit that to the Couples board.
    - If you make a Jack and Rose Titanic art, that can be submitted in either the Movies or Couples categories on the Fan Art board.

• Please make sure to keep your artwork PG-13 and stick to the Forum rules.
Voting
The voting will be as follows:

1. Favorite for each participating board: This will take place within a few days after the submission deadline in the form of polls, topped in each participating board. If you want to vote for a particular board, please visit that board and vote. The winners will be announced the next day.

2. Favorite Overall per Category: This will be held on the Fan Art board starting after the first round winners are revealed and will be open for voting. Everyone is encouraged to vote. Winner of the overall competition will be announced very soon after.

3. Favorite Among the GT: The Graphics Team will vote on a set of categories. We will hand pick what we feel best fit the categories. In case you are wondering, here are the categories:

Best use of text
Most Festive
Best composition
Best use of textures/brushes
Most Creative
Best Use Of Color
Best Use of Black and White

The Graphics Team will also make the final winners and special category Graphics.

Inspiration for you, this is last year's entries. Thank you, miss-rebel86!

This competition is made possible by members of the Graphics Team, Administrators and the Fan Art board Moderators. More importantly, the participants! We hope that you have a fun and safe holiday season!

If you have any questions, please ask here. And please keep looking back at this thread since it will be updated with new boards.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Moderator Support Team

yipie can't believve it on again :
Old 11-02-2010, 06:13 PM
Elite Fan

Glad this competition is still around! Good luck guys!
4N6 DNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks, Jessie. We haven't stopped yet - we've been doing it every year since you started it.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Elite Fan

Is a list of all boards going to be added to this thread or is it somewhere else?
Ria
Pickle-weasel! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

I will bring over the list now. It's a continue update. So I would check back every so often..
Old 11-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

I'm glad lots of boards are participating.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina (View Post)
I will bring over the list now. It's a continue update. So I would check back every so often..
Ok thank you
Ria
Pickle-weasel! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome.

I have updated the list, again.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

actually I do, I've been thinking about this, it says that if you submit for example on the male celeb board it has to be a male that doesn't have a board.
Now on Disney can we just do multiple people, some of which do have one? (animated + non-animated)
Old 11-06-2010, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi Mel.

On Disney, it will be the same as Male Celebrities. For example, even though Miley Cyrus is Disney, you will have to submit the artwork to her board. If you made an artwork of Zack & Cody in The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, it will go to the Disney Board. However, if a board is not participating, and they are from Disney, then it'll be submitted to the Disney Board.

I hope I made sense, and if you have anymore questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:56 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

No, it made sense. Thanks.

So I could make one with just all the Disney princesses on it, right?
Old 11-07-2010, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Mel: That is correct.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:00 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

fantastic! Thanks for telling.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm making an art for the Vanessa board but when I want to put my UN in the bottom left the heart in my UN turn into a ?.

Is there anything to do about this?

Or is it like okay to put a heart from a different font to it?

Vanessa | Tumblr | Meltem

Last edited by breathe you in; 11-09-2010 at 11:53 AM
breathe you in is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread