Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2018, 11:44 AM
Moderator Support Team

yeah there are a few sarahs on this board i can never remember which one is you. especially since they all keep changing their UN on here

glad you like my new icon. i knew i had to use one as soon as i watched the movie. it was just such a good movie. i just loved all the characters right away.
Old 09-04-2018, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Sarah - I thought that was you but I wasn't sure. You can call me Heather.

I definitely think the movie could have been a little longer and I would have loved to see that scene.

I'm glad they changed it too. I think it would have been awful for Kitty to do it for that reason.
Old 09-04-2018, 03:26 PM
Moderator Support Team

i hope they make a sequel to this

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 09-04-2018 at 04:54 PM
Old 09-04-2018, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Jen, i know what you mean. There’s at least 3 Sarahs on FF and those are just the mods.

Nice to bump into you here, Heather.

Yeah, I wouldn’t mind this movie being a bit longer. It didn’t feel too long or short to me, so an extra five minutes would have been nice.

Netflix will be out of their minds if they don’t make a sequel to this IMO. it’s just a matter of officially announcing it ... the cast is so ready to do one and this movie is the biggest rom com in years, and definitely the biggest one on Netflix recently.

Haha, this show’s impact (I too wanted Yakult after watching the movie):

+

Love this picture. Lana also shared this one:

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 09-04-2018 at 05:12 PM
Old 09-04-2018, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

I saw this, thought it was super cute. i had some issues with it but it was very enjoyable to watch regardless.

Was anyone else kinda disappointed in the storyline for Josh? I guess the start of the movie made me want to expect more from him/them I guess.

Who is looking forward to Noah's other film with Shannon Purser coming out soon?

Also, would anyone be interested in a "Kissing Booth" movie thread? Anyone seen it?
Old 09-04-2018, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Alexa - I didn't mind Josh or LJ/Josh not getting much. I'm personally glad the triangle was barely there. If it was a series instead of a movie I could have seen them maybe following the book a little more and showing more LJ/Josh. But since it was a movie I can see why they cut it out and seemed to want more of the focus on LJ/Peter.

I am. Though not really because he's in it as I wanted to see it before I saw this movie. But now that I have seen this movie and was introduced to him it would be nice to see him in something else. I thought he was great as Peter.

I think I've seen it but I don't remember it too much. I think I watched it really late at night. Might have to watch again to see what I think about it.

Sarah - Same to you.

I agree. I think they really could have fit that in if they wanted to.

Both of those pics are too cute.

I'm kind of shocked a 2nd movie hasn't been officially confirmed yet. It seems so popular. I wonder why Netflix is waiting around.
Old 09-05-2018, 07:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well i am hoping in the sequel they explore Josh and Margo. I think there was something unfinished. I like the actor better in this one then I did on fosters.

I like kissing booth although this movie is more realistic nobody can have
Privacy on the Hollywood sign
Old 09-05-2018, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Not really, Alexa. Well, I do like book and movie Josh so far but I get why they had to lessen the focus on the love triangle because otherwise, Lara Jean might seem a bit wishy washy and undecided in the movie, when it comes to choosing between Peter and him.

I'm probably going to watch Noah's other movie with Shannon but not the Kissing Booth (that one looks awful to me, NGL). TBH, I rarely watch rom coms in general because there's so few good/non cheesy ones these days so TATBILB really is an exception for me.

Heather, i'm wondering why too. Everyone is yelling for a sequel, it'll really be insane if they didn't do one.

I love that Noah loves Covinsky so much ... excerpt from his latest interview:

Quote:
“From the beginning, Peter is interested, like from that first remark about her shoes,” Centineo told us in the interview above. “In his first scene, we meet Peter, I think he’s interested. But I think he really, really realizes this is the girl for him in the kitchen scene when they’re at Peter’s house and they’re kind of just opening up their family history to each other.”

Centineo also told us he was “absolutely” a Peter and Lara Jean shipper from the very beginning.

“I think they’re great for each other,” Centineo said. “And I think Peter’s ex girlfriend needs to skedaddle,” he added, referencing Gen (Emilija Baranac), Lara Jean’s old BFF and the girl Peter starts the movie off dating — but doesn’t end up with.
+ at him forgetting to sign the sequel petition:

Quote:
As for whether or not the already-beloved Netflix adaptation of Jenny Han’s popular YA novel — which just premiered last month — will get a followup film, Centineo says the cast is lobbying for it as much as you are. After all, there are two more books in the series.

“I know that everyone that was involved wants there to be a sequel,” Centineo said, adding that he’s seen the online petition and signed it. Wait, no, Centineo says he “lied” — he forgot.

“I saw it, clicked it, got distracted. I need to do it. I’ve been intending to do it,” he admitted. OK, so if there is no sequel, Centineo says you can blame him.
More here

Also, it's SO ridiculous that only ONE producer didn't want to whitewash LJ's role. Honestly, if it was played by a white actress, the premise would be 99.99% just like every other rom com. I'm so glad that the author stuck to her guns and finally got one producer who wouldn't do that. And even then, how sad is it that she still expected them to change their minds closer to production and go with a white actress (or at least non-Asian) actress in the end?

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 09-05-2018, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well I watch a ton of Rom coms good bad and in between its my favorite genre but I agree this is one of the best
Old 09-05-2018, 10:21 AM
Moderator Support Team

yeah i watch a lot too, and this is by far my fav in a long time. they did a great job with the casting.

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 09-05-2018 at 10:32 AM
Old 09-05-2018, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

I loved this movie!
Old 09-05-2018, 11:46 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quin im glad you enjoyed it too
its so good
Old 09-05-2018, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Love this movie
Old 09-05-2018, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes Lana & Noah have great chemistry together!
Old 09-05-2018, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Their chemistry is amazing and made the movie, IMO. I could watch both of them in interviews all day, they’re both funny and charming.

Love this new BTS picture:

And LJ’s expressions were the best :

Hey, Quin and Tina! Glad that you guys liked the movie too.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 09-05-2018 at 10:33 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread