Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2018, 08:00 AM
Master Fan

We Canadians will always beat the US in hockey cause its our game

Anyways; I know I posted this before; but I still hold out hope for the great crossovers with everything in the Arrowverse. I think Freeland is on another Earth (I hope a cool number and not a nothing number like 50, 80, 100, etc). Cisco could really give Gambi and Jeff's hideout a master touch and provide some more toys for Jeff
Old 02-19-2018, 11:59 AM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by calling me home (View Post)
No, that's different. Your parents put a lot of work in putting up with a lot of crap raising you so deserve to have a day you say thank you for that as otherwise they probably wouldn't get that or at least some wouldn't. I see your point but I can see a reasoning for those days. Valentine's Day is just a commercial holiday encouraging people to spend money on their love one unnecessarily. If you want to buy them flowers or take them out to dinner, ect. do it, don't wait for the 14th of Feb to do it or just because it is the 14th. Do it because you love them & want to do it

each to their own but that's my opinion of the day
I was saying this because why would you also spend 1 day to show your mom or dad that you love them or that you're thankful? Shouldn't you also show that to them everyday? Or as much as possible?
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 02-19-2018, 02:27 PM
I am a basketball genius!

In theory yes. But some relationships are different and not everyone gets to be around their parents much plus parents & children even as adults still can have spats with each other and can go a while without speaking or seeing each other and Father’s Day and Mother’s helps bring people together who otherwise perhaps wouldn’t much of the time.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Despite it being a three day weekend (for some of us), it went by way too fast.
Old 02-20-2018, 02:30 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by witch with claws (View Post)
I was saying this because why would you also spend 1 day to show your mom or dad that you love them or that you're thankful? Shouldn't you also show that to them everyday? Or as much as possible?
You should but most children won't or other things get in the way. I rarely get to see my parents so if I could have a day where I can show appreciation for them & love I'd like that. I can't even do that on those designated days but at least they're there so I can say that I love them even if I can't be with them. Then parents deserve to have a day of respect, especially if they don't get any or much the rest of the year. Your relationship with your parents is likely to be completely different to your relationship with a partner. Then if you can't show love for your partner any day of the year & only do it on Valentine's Day then how can you say you actually love them or its a very good relationship? Or how do you know it actually comes from love & isn't just because the other person has to do it because its Valentine's Day? For me I'd rather have a spontaneous display of affection/love which you know comes from the heart than a designated one every Feb 14. While parents probably appreciate that one day a year because it may be all they get which isn't right but at least they're getting something as they deserve that

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-20-2018, 06:45 PM
Moderator Support Team

uh i hate that we have no new episode on tonight.
Old 02-21-2018, 02:17 PM
Graphics Team Manager

that sucks. Its only one week break though isn't it? That's at least something still sucks though

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-21-2018, 04:27 PM

Well there's Canada vs. the U.S. in women's hockey for the gold. I think that starts after 7:00 P.M. Pacific Time. ''Black Lightning'' returns next week with a new & episode & on Monday the season premier of ''iZombie'' airs.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:33 PM
Moderator Support Team

yes i cant wait for izombie to return
Old 02-22-2018, 02:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Crazy (View Post)
yes i cant wait for izombie to return
Same here, it's going to awesome
Old 02-22-2018, 02:44 AM

Tough loss for the Canadians, but their Olympic winning streak had to end at some point I guess. Almost everyone on “iZombie” is a zombie I think, so for those that aren’t I feel sorry for. Good luck to em.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Tough loss for the Canadians, but their Olympic winning streak had to end at some point I guess. Almost everyone on “iZombie” is a zombie I think, so for those that aren’t I feel sorry for. Good luck to em.
How long was their streak for?
Old 02-22-2018, 03:21 AM

It was 20 years she since U.S. women won gold in that event and Canada won gold each of the 5 Winter Olympics between then and this year. I don’t mind watching women’s hockey but wish more countries were competitive in it.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
It was 20 years she since U.S. women won gold in that event and Canada won gold each of the 5 Winter Olympics between then and this year. I don’t mind watching women’s hockey but wish more countries were competitive in it.
Decent streak then and yeah, having more teams being competitive in sports is never an bad thing.
Old 02-22-2018, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hope everyone is doing good
Closed Thread   Post New Thread