Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2018, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis (View Post)
The initial thinking would be red for all the blood and murder, but I really like your reasoning for blue. Because that makes sense. He is doing it out of depression and loneliness.
Agreed on red
Old 06-05-2018, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Either red or blue works for TP. Red because of blood and Blue because of what the color stands for.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 06-05-2018, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Agreed now its just the matter of finding lighter|softer and I know that it can be a mix|match between color schemes believe, Chelle? - think you said that on DCEU, didn't you?
Old 06-05-2018, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

This is a difficult choice to make.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 06-05-2018, 06:15 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Red is a harsh colour so you have to be careful with it. We try to avoid it wherever possible

Yes you can combine colour schemes

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-05-2018, 06:26 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Quote:
Originally Posted by could never leave you (View Post)
I figured they might be. I do tend to like the more difficult color combos. lol.

These two are nice.

Color Palette #3324 | Color Palette Ideas
Color Palette #3642 | Color Palette Ideas
Yeah, I really like the second palette. *saves for future*
Old 06-05-2018, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think the light blue's in that 2nd one does work
Old 06-05-2018, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Both blues in the second one look nice.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 06-06-2018, 01:47 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Both of those colour schemes on their own could be harsh on the eyes. This one would probably work out better for you & be less harsh on the eyes. Either way your colour scheme will be made up using the pale blues, with the darker colours used in the accent areas (bars, links, buttons)

Personally I'd recommend looking at softer colour schemes which will be far easier on your eyes to look at for long periods of time, then we can add in shades of red/navy/black into smaller areas so you still get those colours somewhere in the customisation. You may even want to look into blue/grey if you want a more melancholy/sad/depressed feel (E.G. this or this)

I was looking for blue but somehow I came across this colour scheme which still has some blue & is quite neutral & red may match in better with it than a blue scheme. This one is similar but more blue so may fit your theme better. Anyway back to looking at blues this looks similar to what you were looking at & we can just add red. I'd still be wary over it being harsh on the eyes though. This isn't red, but could be a unique look (doesn't fully have the blood feel though, sorry).

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-06-2018, 04:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh I love the last one.. and then we could add some red highlights in the background?

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 06-06-2018, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

That last one is pretty. I wouldn't mind that scheme with possible little red highlights.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 06-06-2018, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I like the idea of blue|gray where some of the ones Chelle linked really look fantastic

We may just have to disregard the red unless GT whom are awesome can make it work
Old 06-06-2018, 10:31 PM
Graphics Team Manager

That last one could even be made more burgundy red the more purple shades would match better with blue than a true red but i'm sure we could figure something out with it

I wouldn't say that you having to disregard red. The team is wary of it & prefers not to use it, however there are plenty of boards where we've made exceptions & made the red work because they fit the theme. The only thing I've said is that you need to avoid harsh/bright/dark colour schemes as they will be too hard & harsh to look at for long periods of time. It actually is a combination of bright colours which concerned me, not the use of red. If you wish to disregard the red we'll love that since we do prefer not to use it, but in this particular case where it is clear why you want it used we won't say no. We will however say no to bright red, or a full red board. Any red shades used will be made easy on the eyes & used in limited areas

Has anyone had any luck in finding pictures of the characters you wish to have included in the graphic? I don't know who the characters are but I found these: 1, 2 (don't think it's usable), 3 (also usable probably because his head is cut off)

ETA: Another picture

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-07-2018, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I like the idea of the purplish shades. Or the burgundy look. Maybe the harsher looking color can be the accent colors while the easier on the eyes could be the full board color?

Is the Karen picture usable? I like that one of her. The top of Frank's head seems to be cut off on all the ones I can find.

Are any of these usable? Can't find any HQ pics with easy backgrounds unfortunately.

Frank - https://i.pinimg.com/736x/e2/01/73/e...e-punisher.jpg or http://images6.fanpop.com/image/phot...70-270-500.png or http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/34/...er-netflix.jpg
Micro - https://img.cinemablend.com/filter:s...18c.jpg?mw=600
Dinah - http://images6.fanpop.com/image/phot...25-500-334.jpg
Billy - http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/17/42/...nit-00139r.jpg
Curtis - http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/u...rtis-hoyle.jpg or https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...act=mrc&uact=8

{taek su mi sun}

Last edited by fall into your smile; 06-07-2018 at 11:23 AM
Old 06-07-2018, 02:11 PM
Graphics Team Manager

The Frank pictures I don't think so (but the last one I posted of him may be, its just poor quality), & the Curtis ones no. The others will be hard since they're small but should still be usable

Chelle » join GTmy art