Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 06:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

I keep hoping that I'll wake up and it was just a bad dream. I can't even begin to imagine how his friends and family must feel. NBC Chicago talked about Jonghyun's death and SHINee, but put up a picture of BTS. How do you get something that wrong. :/
Old 12-20-2017, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^Seriously so gross and disrespectful to both groups It's like they treat every kpop group and Asian face the same and think they're interchangeable. I feel sorry toward Jonghyun and Namjoon.

Excerpt from the article:
Quote:
At the event, Jung Eun Ji was asked about the recent passing of SHINee’s Jonghyun.

She replied, “I was hoping it was a false report. I was not close friends with Jonghyun sunbaenim, but tears were falling as I read the article.”

She continued, “What is scarier is that my colleagues and friends identify a lot with his final letter that was revealed yesterday. Seeing my colleagues who say they identify with the feeling of depression and that emotion gnawing away at them, I was scared as I thought, ‘What if?'”

“I may not be able to express the emotions as much as his family or members, but I think many of my colleagues will feel the same way as me. I hope that the idol and entertainment industry will grow to encourage physical and mental health so that something like this doesn’t happen again,” Jung Eun Ji concluded.
It's saddening so many could relate to his letter I'm glad she is speaking up about this.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

I saw that it wasn't a picture, but a video from their appearance on The Ellen Degeneres Show. So someone watched the video, saw that it was BTS, edited them saying their name several times, and still turned the tape in. The station has since apologized for their mistake, but I feel like that wasn't really a mistake at all.

Saw that Suho from EXO broke down during his curtain call for his musical. He was one of Jonghyun's best friends. In the musical, his character, Crown Prince Rudolf, commits suicide after killing his lover, Mary, in a murder-suicide pact. When it got to to that part, Suho started crying really hard. His Mary just hugged him instead. Sehun, the maknae of EXO, was in the audience and he started to call out Suho's name. Sehun got scolded too for taking a picture of Suho during the curtain call (taking pics/vids is frowned upon in theater) and then they tried to tell him he could leave (probably to avoid the fangirls), but he declined and said he wanted to stay until the end for his Hyung. At the funeral hall yesterday, Minho had told him not to push himself too hard, but I think he wanted to use the musical as his way of working through his emotions. I hope Suho has this picture of them, taken at this year's SM Halloween party, at the dorm so he can remember how much Jonghyun loved him too.

Old 12-21-2017, 03:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I agree it was really disrespectful for them to do

Jonghyun's funeral procession was this morning I heard Yeri, Amber and Taeyeon were crying a lot

Taeyeon's farewell post to Jonghyun I'm a bit worry about her especially the last sentence.

Key's letter to Jonghyun

Amber's post on Jonghyun
Old 12-21-2017, 06:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

All of these stories and letters are really hard to read through That last sentence from Taeyeon has left a lot of people nervous. I hope everyone has the support and comfort they need right now.
Old 12-21-2017, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Unfortunately, neither EXO nor Taeyeon could cancel their concerts. EXO left yesterday to head to Japan for a 3 day concert series. Taeyeon will still hold her Christmas concerts in Seoul.

I fear for Onew's wellbeing too. So many people are ready to start a witch hunt if/when he posts his thoughts and feelings. There is so much hatred towards him at the moment. Ngl, I was pissed when, for his birthday, KShawols sent out a memo for fans to send back Onew merchandise. I get it, you're angry with him, but this level of pettiness is not making anyone look good. Onew has struggled with depression and I fear people will attack him and blame for for Jonghyun's suicide and say he's a failure of a leader. Please stop bullying him.
Old 12-21-2017, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Red Velvet also have schedules to do

I don't understand how the people who are bullying and saying rude things to others about all of this aren't seeing the irony in what they are doing
Old 12-21-2017, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

And now people (am not sure if they are Shawols or not) are harassing Zion T on Instagram for not going to the funeral, which he says he did after all the media had left because he didn't want his pic taken. Can these people just chill out?!! This is not what Jonghyun would have wanted. Leave Zion T alone. Let him deal with his grief in his own way. What's right for you might not be right for him. Have we learned nothing in the last few days?
Old 12-21-2017, 11:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

They do but Seulgi and Irene have cancelled the joint collaboration they are doing with Nayeon and Dahyun at SBS Gayo. Momo and Mina are replacing them. I heard the rumour that they might not be going to MBC Gayo.

TVXQ had to go back to Japan yesterday and they did a concert. I think Taeyeon could of cancelled hers but maybe she didn't want to

TT has reached 300 million views and Heart Shaker has reached 50 million views.

Last edited by dive into you; 12-21-2017 at 11:52 PM
Old 12-22-2017, 06:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

So how about giving Blackpink a full (physical) album, YG? I know they'd sell pretty good.
Old 12-22-2017, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Twice's new video is adorable and it made me smile Actually I think it confirmed to me who my Twice bias is

Also fun fact! Twice's "TT" of course remains the most watched kpop mv for a girl group ever, but it's also the 5th most watched girl group mv ever. It just surpassed Spice Girl's "Wannabe" wowza

I'll believe anything YG says when I actually see it. I mean...at least Blackpink get to put out a cover song though my babies deserve a huge discography

I swear we need a version of this gif to say "Sure, YG" instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
So how about giving Blackpink a full (physical) album, YG? I know they'd sell pretty good.
Riiiight? I mean look at what they accomplished with only one new song this year
Old 12-23-2017, 05:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I don't think YG likes physical albums that much anymore Most of their artists release their music as digital as it does better there.

Onew posted a message about Jonghyun on his IG.

Upcoming comebacks for Oh My Girl, Eric Nam and Infinite. I'm looking forward to Infinite since this is the first comeback without Hoya

Old 12-23-2017, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

YG artists have had albums out this year though. Plus even Japan got a physical album of all the songs Blackpink has released so far. So he's fully capable! He's just being his usual annoying self and fans are getting more and more frustrated.

Onew's message was sweet and encouraging

Old 12-23-2017, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

In honour of Rae’s icon -

and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 12-24-2017, 04:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Yeah unfortunately he is I really don't know what is going through his mind sometimes.

That's a fun song Although I always think the beginning could be a completely different song.

I heard M Countdown and Music Bank did something for Jonghyun too and apparently all three gayos is doing something too.

Since it's Christmas Eve here, I'll post some of my favourite Christmas songs

Closed Thread   Post New Thread