Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2017, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

[Joel Schumacher's] Batman Forever and Batman & Robin #1: "Riddle me this, riddle me that, who's afraid of the big, black bat?" -Riddler

FANS:
01. we are not alone
02. sourburst

Batman Forever [1995]

Quote:
In Gotham City, some time after defeating the Penguin, the crime fighter Batman defuses a hostage situation caused by a criminal known as Two-Face, the alter ego of the former district attorney Harvey Dent, but Two-Face escapes and remains at large. Edward Nygma, a researcher at Wayne Enterprises who idolizes Bruce Wayne, has developed a device that can beam television into a person's brain. Bruce offers to let Nygma come up with schematics for the device and set up a meeting with his assistant. However, after Nygma demands an answer from him immediately, Bruce rejects the invention, believing it to be too close to mind manipulation. After killing his supervisor Fred Stickley, Nygma resigns and seeks retaliation against Bruce for rejecting his invention and begins to send him riddles (Nygma rigs the security cameras to record Stickley committing suicide, as well as a suicide note, which everybody believes but Bruce Wayne doubts this is the truth) A news report reveals how Harvey Dent became Two-Face: when he was prosecuting a mob boss named Sal Maroni, Maroni threw acid on Dent's face, disfiguring half of it. Batman tried to save him, but failed. After the incident, Dent seeks to kill Batman for failing to save him. Bruce meets Chase Meridian, a psychiatrist who is obsessed with Batman, and invites her to come with him to a circus event. After a performance from the circus performers, The Flying Graysons, Two-Face arrives and threatens to blow up the circus unless Batman comes forward and surrenders his life to him. The Flying Graysons attempt to stop Two-Face, but most of them get killed as a result. Only Dick Grayson, the youngest member, survives as he climbs to the roof and throws Two-Face's bomb into a river.

Bruce invites the orphaned Dick to stay at Wayne Manor. Dick, still troubled by the murder of his family, intends to kill Two-Face and avenge his family. When he discovers that Bruce is Batman, he demands that Bruce help him find Two-Face so that he can kill him, but Bruce refuses. Meanwhile, Nygma turns himself into a criminal called the Riddler and forms an alliance with Two-Face. The two steal capital in order to mass-produce Nygma's brainwave device. At Nygma's business party, Nygma discovers Bruce's alter ego using the brainwave device. Two-Face arrives and crashes the party. He nearly kills Batman, but Dick manages to save him. Meanwhile, Chase has fallen in love with Bruce, which surpasses her obsession with Batman, but she soon discovers that they are one and the same. Bruce decides to stop being Batman in order to have a normal life with Chase and to prevent Dick from murdering Two-Face. Dick angrily runs away while Bruce and Chase have dinner together in the manor. The Riddler and Two-Face arrive and attack Wayne Manor; in the process, the Riddler destroys the Batcave. The criminals kidnap Chase after Two-Face shoots Bruce and the Riddler leaves him an another riddle.

Using the riddles, Bruce and his butler, Alfred, deduce the Riddler's secret identity. Chase is imprisoned by The Riddler and Two-Face in their hideout. Dick returns and becomes Batman's sidekick, Robin, after realising that the Caped Crusader could use a hand. Batman and Robin head to Riddler and Two-Face's lair, Claw Island, where they are separated. Robin encounters Two-Face and nearly kills him, but realizing that he does not have it in him to murder, Robin spares him. Two-Face gets the upper hand and captures Robin. Batman arrives at the lair, where Robin and Chase are held as hostages. The Riddler gives Batman a chance to save only one hostage, but Batman destroys the Riddler's brainwave collecting device, causing the Riddler to suffer a mental breakdown. Batman then rescues both Robin and Chase. Two-Face corners the trio and determines their fate with the flip of a coin, but Batman throws a handful of identical coins in the air, causing Two-Face to stumble and fall to his death. The Riddler is taken to Arkham Asylum and imprisoned, but he claims he knows who Batman is. Chase is asked to consult on the case, but Nygma says that he himself is Batman, due to his damaged memories. Chase meets Bruce outside and tells him that his secret is safe before parting ways. Bruce resumes his crusade as Batman with Robin as his partner to protect Gotham from crime.

Batman and Robin [1997]

Quote:
In Gotham, one year after the defeat of Two-Face and the Riddler, Batman and Robin attempt to thwart Mr. Freeze from robbing diamonds from the natural history museum, but he steals one and flees. Mr. Freeze was originally Dr. Victor Fries, a doctor working to develop a cure for MacGregor's syndrome to heal his terminally ill wife. Fries was forced to wear a cryogenic suit powered by diamonds after becoming unable to live at normal temperatures following a lab accident.

At a Wayne Enterprises lab in Brazil, the botanist Dr. Pamela Isley is working under the deranged Dr. Jason Woodrue, experimenting with the Venom drug. She witnesses Woodrue use the formula to turn the violent, but diminutive, convicted serial murderer Antonio Diego into a hulking monstrosity dubbed "Bane". Woodrue and Isley argue over the use of the drug which ends when Woodrue attempts to kill her by overturning a shelf of various toxins. Despite Woodrue's efforts, she is resurrected, transforming into the beautiful and seductive Poison Ivy before exacting revenge; she kills Woodrue with her poisonous kiss. She finds that Wayne Enterprises funded Woodrue, thus she appropriates Bane as a muscle-bound thug, taking him with her to Gotham City. Meanwhile, Alfred Pennyworth's niece, Barbara Wilson, makes a surprise visit and is invited by Bruce Wayne to stay at Wayne Manor until she goes back to school.

Wayne Enterprises presents a new telescope at a press conference interrupted by Isley. She proposes a project that could help the environment, but Bruce declines her offer, which would kill millions of people. That night, a charity event is held by Wayne Enterprises with special guests, Batman and Robin, and she decides to use her abilities to seduce them. Freeze crashes the party and steals a diamond from the event. Although he is captured by Batman and detained in Arkham Asylum, he eventually escapes with the help of Ivy and Bane. Meanwhile, Dick discovers that Barbara has participated in drag races to raise money for Alfred, who is dying of MacGregor's syndrome.

Batman and Robin begin to have crime fighting relationship problems because of Ivy's seductive ability with Robin, but Bruce convinces Dick to trust him. Ivy is then able to contact Robin once more; she kisses him but fails to kill him due to Robin wearing rubber lips. Meanwhile, Barbara discovers the Batcave, where an AI version of Alfred reveals he has made Barbara her own suit. Barbara dons the suit and becomes Batgirl. Robin and later on Batman become trapped, but are rescued by Batgirl, who reveals her identity.
Batman, Robin and Batgirl decide to go after Freeze together. By the time they get to the observatory where Freeze and Bane are, Gotham is completely frozen. Batgirl and Robin are attacked by Bane. They eventually defeat him by kicking apart his venom tubes, stopping the flow of venom to his body. Bane collapses before transforming back to his original diminutive size of Antonio Diego and is left helpless on the ground. Meanwhile Batman and Freeze begin to fight each other, with Batman defeating Freeze. Batgirl and Robin manage to unfreeze Gotham; and Batman shows Freeze a recording of Ivy during her fight with Batgirl. Freeze learns that Ivy has betrayed him over the death of wife. Ivy blamed Batman for Nora's death, but she informs Batgirl that it was her idea. Freeze is angered by the betrayal and is informed by Batman that his wife is not dead; she is restored in cryogenic slumber and has been moved to Arkham waiting for him to finish his research. Batman proceeds to ask Freeze for the cure Freeze has created for the first stage of MacGregor's Syndrome to administer to Alfred. Freeze atones for his misunderstanding by giving him medicine he had developed. Ivy is detained in Arkham alongside Freeze, who promises to torment Ivy during their sentence. After Alfred is cured, everyone agrees to let Barbara stay at Wayne Manor.

Last edited by crash landing; 10-10-2017 at 04:45 PM
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 02:32 PM
Graphics Team

Thanks for starting
i loved these movies.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
ice choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Me too most are against them but I personally love them grew up on them and they are fun -- PLUS only live action still that gave Robin
Old 10-01-2017, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's been forever since I saw one of these movies, I was really young when I saw one I think so I forgot how I felt about it.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

We should watch them we did Chris's first 2 Supermans, so let's turn the tables and do these Batman ones
Old 10-01-2017, 07:57 PM
Graphics Team Manager

*randomly lurks* would you mind if I added a tag for Chris O'Donnell since he played Robin? Or would you prefer to leave actor tags off? I just thought I'd ask as it can be nice to connect tags between boards

(P.S. congrats on getting your board !)

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by we are not alone (View Post)
We should watch them we did Chris's first 2 Supermans, so let's turn the tables and do these Batman ones
If I find the movies on demand or Netflix, sure.
Old 10-02-2017, 04:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

that sounds awesome - the movies are great even if they are "chessy"

ETA OP has been made

Quote:
Originally Posted by calling me home (View Post)
*randomly lurks* would you mind if I added a tag for Chris O'Donnell since he played Robin? Or would you prefer to leave actor tags off? I just thought I'd ask as it can be nice to connect tags between boards

(P.S. congrats on getting your board !)
Did it for you added Chris

Last edited by crash landing; 10-02-2017 at 08:59 AM
Old 10-02-2017, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Batman and Robin was the cheesiest I'll never forget the bat credit card
Old 10-03-2017, 04:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

and this I Need to rewatch too

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
kostilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 07:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
Batman and Robin was the cheesiest I'll never forget the bat credit card
For me its the cheese factor that made them great - I grew up watching them as a kid and all
Old 10-03-2017, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I know Batman Forever gets criticized as well.
Old 10-04-2017, 06:56 AM
Master Fan

I found Batman Forever very entertaining. I liked the whacky side of the Riddler portrayed by Jim Carrey. I thought Val Kilmer did a good job as Batman. I liked Chris O'Donnell as Dick Grayson/Robin and I thought Tommy Lee Jones was good as Two-Face as hammy as it was at times and I liked Nicole Kidman as Chase Merdian. But the stand out for me in those movies was Jim Carrey as The Riddler. The Riddler destroying the Bat Cave remains one of my favorite Batman moments in Batman films.

I don't wanna be a hater but I did not like Batman & Robin. Though I did like Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy. But too many puns and jokes kind of killed it for me.
The Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Next weekend of 14-15 thinking of rewatching these movies 5pm-7pm EST if anybody wants to make a watch out of it
Old 10-05-2017, 01:15 AM
Master Fan

Both movies are a guilty pleasure. I think Nicole Kidman looked so gorgeous in Batman Forever. So awesome that she's coming back to DC. She'll be in the upcoming Aquaman movie.
LightYears is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread