Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2017, 02:56 AM
Obsessed Fan

Very nice of you to agree to go anyway. But so long as there are at least some bands you like performing, it should be fun.

Melody and the singing are what draws me in primarily. I'm probably most torn when I like one of those but not the other. E.g. I love Christina Aguilera's voice (so powerful), but most of her songs aren't my cup of tea.

I've seen some not so positive responses about Kety's new stuff. She changed her style or it's the same but just weaker? I'm not familiar with her music outside of that big hit she had years ago.

It does take a true artist to pull off a good performance.
Old 06-14-2017, 03:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's a festival so it should be good.. As long as there's good weather and good music then I'm all good!

Oh yeah I get what you mean about Christina... Though her fighter album was pretty good and IMO the only real good one! the rest weren't my kind of taste

Well there's nothing out yet from Kelly's new stuff.. THere's a new song out that's part of a soundtrack, which sounds really good but it's sounds like it's soul. And from what I know that's the route Kelly is going this time! I'm just curious!
When it comes to music I know I have to go with my gut because music is so personal
I like Kelly's music because live she's very good, she has amazing songs with great messages... Not like the songs these days that are about sex and what not.. A lot of songs hit me or I can relate to.. That's what draws me to her music. So I am curious what her upcoming album will be like because it's supposed to be 100% Kelly this time around!

What big hit? Stronger? Or even longer ago? Because of You era?

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 06-14-2017, 03:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yep. Hopefully the weather will be good too.

I loved Fighter. And a few other songs from the same era (The Voice Within was the name of one of them, I think).

Sorry, typo. I meant Katy (Perry). I've seen bad comments about her new album or single or whatever she has out recently. And the old hit I was referring to was I Kissed a Girl. But it slipped my mind whether it was called that or Chapstick, lol. But yes, music is definitely so personal and just if some or even a majority of fans don't like it, doesn't mean it's not going to be your cup of tea. Or vice versa.

Because of You era included Miss Independent maybe? I loved that one and it was the first thing of Kelly's that I ever heard. Because of You was awesome too. For similar reasons as Christina's The Voice Within, simple but beautiful ballad that gives these ladies the opportunity to let their voices shine.
Old 06-14-2017, 03:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

The Voice Within was good too! I think Beautiful was from that era though I liked that song better back then than I do now.

I kissed a girl was fun, same for Roar.. The new songs aren't that good IMO. I don't think she's that good live either... At least from what I've seen of her and the most recent stuff was from her on One Love Manchester.

Yeah Miss Independent was the first I had seen as well After that was her big break with Break Away, Since U Been Gone, Behind Theze Hazel Eyes and Becuase of You. THat was such a great album. It's a shame My December wasn't promoted as well IMO.

I hope her new record will promote her stuff well!

Old 06-14-2017, 04:14 AM
Obsessed Fan

Beautiful too. I remember being so torn about the video back in the day. On one hand, the message was so positive. On the other hand, it felt a bit hypocritical from an industry that isn't open to people being different at all and often creates and imposes unrealistic and uniform standards on young girls (I think even Christina herself talked about how much her label constrained both her music and her image back in the day and she's a conventionally attractive white girl to begin with).

Sucks when singer disappoints you live. I had that problem with Amy Lee from Evanescence. Never actually saw her live in person but some of the recordings of live shows just didn't impress me.

Oh I remember all those. Very nice songs. Promotion matters so hope they do a good job this time. She deserves it.
Old 06-14-2017, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Sucks when singer disappoints you live. I had that problem with Amy Lee from Evanescence. Never actually saw her live in person but some of the recordings of live shows just didn't impress me
This, she isn't good live
Old 06-15-2017, 02:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Beautiful too. I remember being so torn about the video back in the day. On one hand, the message was so positive. On the other hand, it felt a bit hypocritical from an industry that isn't open to people being different at all and often creates and imposes unrealistic and uniform standards on young girls (I think even Christina herself talked about how much her label constrained both her music and her image back in the day and she's a conventionally attractive white girl to begin with).
I still don't think the studios are like that today...

oh Amy Lee is not good live.. I can't say I ever heard her sing live.. Must check youtube later!

Old 06-15-2017, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It does amazing me how much different an artist can be when allowed to do their own stuff
Old 06-15-2017, 09:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yep. I guess not all of them are like that, but often they just want profit and don't care about the artists' desires or integrity.

About Amy, it's shame because she sounds so powerful in studio recorded stuff.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

but maybe the studio enhanced her stuff? Back in the day Britney Spears sounds better in a studio and same for Katy Perry. A studio can do a lot

Old 06-17-2017, 02:02 AM
Obsessed Fan

Oh, probably. I just didn't expect she needed it. While with Britney it was kinda very obvious she wasn't vocally strong.
Old 06-17-2017, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah that's true. Good point!

Pink is a great live performer as well!

Old 06-17-2017, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What's everyone's favorite band/artists they've seen live?
Old 06-17-2017, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I haven't seen many
Old 06-17-2017, 10:38 PM
Obsessed Fan

Me neither. Perks of small town. To this day I'm bitter I couldn't go when Slayer had a concert because it was far from where I live.

Cool about Pink being good live. She's one of the vocalist I'd expect it from.