Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2013, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tennis #31: We`ll never forget that wacky Wednesday at Wimbledon.

WELCOME TO THE 31st TENNIS TALK THREAD
This is one of FF`s santuaries to discuss all things about tennis. Everyone are welcome here as long as you keep the discussions PG-13 (let's not get too graphic talking tennis players you find attractive) & in a mature fashion(i.e. no bashing of other posters).
+ CURRENT EVENT +

+ TOURS +

ATP World Tour
WTA Tour

+ TEAM EVENTS +

Davis Cup.com
Fed Cup.com

+ GRAND SLAMS +

Australian Open
French Open
Wimbledon
US Open

+ PLAYER'S OFFICIAL SITES +

Roger Federer
Rafael Nadal
Novak Djokovic
Andy Roddick
James Blake
Richard Gasquet
Andy Murray
Stan Wawrinka
Feliciano Lopez
Sam Querrey
John Isner
Mardy Fish
Fernando Verdasco
Marin Cilic
Robin Soderling
Tomas Berdych
David Ferrer
Marcos Baghdatis
Janko Tipsarevic
Bernard Tomic
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
Gael Monfils
Juan Monaco
Tommy Haas
Juan Martin Del Potro
Marin Cilic
Bob and Mike Bryan
Maria Sharapova
Justine Henin
Ana Ivanovic
Serena Williams
Venus Williams
Jelena Jankovic
Dinara Safina
Amelie Mauresmo
Kim Clijsters
Caroline Wozniacki
Elena Dementieva
Victoria Azarenka
Samantha Stosur
Sabine Lisicki

+ TENNIS SHOPPING +

Tennis Warehouse.com

+ Other tennis threads @ +

Roger Federer
Rafael Nadal
Maria Sharapova
Novak Djokovic
Andy Roddick
Caroline Wozniacki
Andy Murray
Serena Williams

+ TENNIS FAN CLUB +

1. Hot Rod
2. -Bianca-
3. *Catherine*
4. wingster
5. NikNak
6. DUHsoTK
7. Motoko Ayoama
8. -Chemical Wonder-
9. Sparkling_Diamond
10. *Juju*
11. naleyforever
12. Kitty_Fantastico
13. Logan lover DK
14. SmilinStar
15. Avatar
16. 4brathan&brucas
17. lovder&mer
18. troubled.discussions
19. myys_PL
20. christallh24
21. Dutchiegirl
22. canflam
23. rallia_dreamer
24. L i N d $ @ y
25. misst89
26. Peyt4Luke4eva
27. tsarina777
28. annoying_gia
29. CarlaTVD
30. chaos blues
31. Jenny's Dimple
32. Scully_fan
33. hlgreenie

Last edited by Hot Rod; 01-14-2014 at 02:55 PM
Old 07-05-2013, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

TFTNT! So psyched now. I'm off to bed, up early in the morning to Wimbledon tomorrow!
Old 07-05-2013, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tftnt! I'm so pumped right now! Btw can I be added to the list?

Phew, well I'm pleased he made it to the final, but I don't think he'll beat Novak, at least I'm not expecting it.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:41 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT

BTW - Add me please

I don't know - I definitely think he's capable of it - and with the home crowd and having had an easier match today - he just might make it. If anyone can do it at the moment it's Andy! He did it at the US open and Wimbledon is his fav court. Let's see. I've got my fingers crossed for him. I love Novak, but Andy deserves Wimbledon!
Old 07-05-2013, 09:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

I`m glad that y`all like the new thread and i`ve just added you both to the list. We`re glad to have join the club. I hope to see y`all joining in the various discussions here and at least a couple of the other related tennis threads as seen on the OP.

Coming up tomorrow at Wimbledon will be the women`s singles final where Sabine Lisicki will take on Marion Bartoli. Obviously this is about the most unlikely final i`ve seen in a Grand Slam in a while. Both ladies has had different paths to the final with Sabine coming through a couple of tough battles against Serena Williams and Aga Radwanska, while Marion Bartoli hasn`t lost a set in the tournament. I think that this match will come down to which of the ladies can set the tempo. Also the doubles finals will be tomorrow. First in the men`s doubles final, the Bryan Brothers will face Ivan Dodig and Marcelo Melo and then in the women`s doubles final, the Chinese/Taiwanese team of Su-Wei Hsieh and Shuai Peng will play Aussies Ashleigh Barty and Casey Dellacqua. The Bryan will be seeking their third title at Wimbledon and 15th Grand Slam title, while the other teams will be seeking their first Grand Slam titles. Finally in the girls` singles final, top seed Belinda Bencic will take on Taylor Townsend, who is the only American left in singles. I really hope that Sabine, Bob and Mike will do well in their matches and can take home the titles tomorrow.

Lastly here are some pics from today`s matches.

Good job by Nole for pulling out this tough win.

I feel so bad for Delpo, because he played so hard in the match. Still he should be applauded for his great effort.

We must applaud and thank Nole and Delpo for giving us a classic match today.

I really love how well they bring out the best in each other and the respect they have for each other.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Didn't realise we had so many andy fans on here More so than fed and nadal!

I am SO proud of Delpo. Everyone underestimated him, including many fellow Nole fans. People said he wouldn't have any weapons but this just goes to show, he is the only one that is talented enough and has the mentality to challenge the big 4. I am so pleased.

As for Nole, kudos to making through this tricky match. He needed a big challenge. He's on course for the title now

"Growing old will suck, but as long as I have you, I will feel invincible."
Old 07-06-2013, 03:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm pumped for the final today! My money is firmly set on Lisicki and considering the opposition she's played in the run up to the final, I think she deserves it more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by misst89 (View Post)
Didn't realise we had so many andy fans on here More so than fed and nadal!
Well I'm British it's almost a duty to have to support him!

No really though the men's game I'm interested in, but not so much as the WTA which is what I really follow. Though I'll admit I almost packed in watching tennis all together when my bb Henin retired for the second time.

Quote:
As for Nole, kudos to making through this tricky match. He needed a big challenge. He's on course for the title now
Sadly (for me) I have to agree Novak seems to be on better form.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:26 AM
Addicted Fan

Its interesting how Jerzy Janowicz was a virtual unknown to late last year before he made a huge surge in a masters tournament as a wildcard

he made the biggest dummy spit at the Australian Open this year on an 'outside' court

Jerzy Janowicz Meltdown - Australian Open 2013 - YouTube
Old 07-06-2013, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

The women`s singles final has just concluded with Marion Bartoli defeating Sabine 6-1, 6-4. I have to say that this is a very disappointing result for me personally, because i wanted so badly for Sabine to win. She couldn`t do anything right for much of the match and was outplayed by Marion Bartoli, who delivered a nice solid performance to capture her first Grand Slam title. It was so tough for me personally to see Sabine in tears after the match. I`ve been a big fan of her`s for over four years and to see her coming up short of the title after making such a great run really sucks. I wanted to reach into my TV and give her a big when she was crying.

So that`s the story from the women`s singles final where Marion Bartoli defeated Sabine to capture her first Grand Slam title and became the first Frenchwoman to win Wimbledon since Amelie Mauresmo, who was in attendance at the match. The men`s doubles final has just started. Hopefully the Bryan Brothers can salvage the day for me.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was disappointed too. It was agonising when it looked like Sabine was crying during the match. Ugh it was a tough watch, but all credit to Bartoli really she played like a machine and deserved it in the end.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It was Sabine's first grand slam final, somehow I predicted that the occasion would get to her and it looks like it did. I am not a fan but seeing her in tears 3 games into the second set was hard to watch. Mentally, she needs experience to get herself together, and Marion played stunning all week. So kudos to her

Scully_fan you don't need to support Murray just because you're british by the way

Old 07-06-2013, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Scully_fan you don't need to support Murray just because you're british by the way
I can't deny Andy when he asks the nation to get behind him.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Haha well I am british so... Go Nole!

Old 07-06-2013, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Haha well I am british so... Go Nole!
Well I've not always gone with the Brits, but as I said before my bb retired, so now I mostly stick to whoever is flying the flag for us. I'm not sure anyone will come along that will make me truly ~fanatical again, unless Laura Robson goes nuts and finally gets consistently good. Which would be nice.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's interesting! My first tennis bb was Andy Roddick, he made me love the sport and I miss him so

Closed Thread   Post New Thread