Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 07:27 PM
Elite Fan

New York Yankees #25: Son of A Boston Massacre? It's An Abreu-tiful Thing!

WELCOME to the New York Yankees Thread!

~Golden Rule~

Don't Bash The Yankees

~Story of the Thread~

This thread dates back to the 2001 World Series. Before we lost to the Arizona Diamondback - as we watched the Playoffs, DJ's awesome plays included - Yankee fans gathered in the old Request thread to request a Yankee board (how pretentious, huh? ). Of course, we didn't have enough votes to get one so we decided to start our own thread here in the Sports Board.

26 World Championships? We'll try to do better next century. The thing is though, we love them nonetheless...

~Past Thread Titles~

We're in heaven, Yanks are going to for 27
Our blood runs blue
On odd days, Derek Jeter volunteers with the Mets (David Letterman's Top 10)
Thaaaaaaaa Yankees Win!
Comeback soon, its not the same without you (When Jeter's shoulder got injured)
Time to go fishing...
Once A Yakee, Always A Yankee
The Spirits Are On Their Way
Murderers Row 2004
ARod for President!
Have faith in the Yankees, my son. - Ernest Hemingway
Steinbrenner for President
What Choke? Just get The Boss to spend some money on this team for once!
In Mo We Trust
Start spreadin’ the news...
Them Pinstripes
We're Keeping It On The DL. The Disabled List.

~Links~

The Official Web Site of the New York Yankees
YES Network Official Site
Sports Spyder's Yankee Wire
noMaas.org
NYYFans.com
Bronx Banter
WasWatching.Com
YanksBlog.Com
LoHud Blogs The Yankees
Yanks Fan vs. Sox Fan
Baby Bombers Blog
The Baseball Cube
Baseball-Reference.Com
The Official Web Site of MLB
Old 08-22-2006, 07:40 PM
Elite Fan

Someone want to give me a title to edit in?

All I've got in my head is stuff like "Mustachioed Magic" or "We're Going Up, Up, and Abreu!" or "Corey's Our American Lidle"..

Edit: Jeff Karstens reminds me of someone.

[/mean]

Pitched aiight though. Clearly nervous, but he worked it out for 5 2/3 for only 3 R. Jaret Wrong and the Corpse of Ron Villone screwed him out of a win, unfortunately.

Last edited by -Bianca-; 08-22-2006 at 09:45 PM
Old 08-22-2006, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

hey i'm beth and i love the Yankees this is my first post here for the Yanks thread

i've got a title
b/c we caused the Boston Massacre '06!

beth ||tumblr || icon|| rip chadwick boseman

Last edited by lovely elizabeth; 08-22-2006 at 11:04 PM
Old 08-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Absolute Fan

Well, that sucked. I want Beltre beaned sometime in the next two games, which makes RJ the most likely candidate.

Mariners were due, but damn that sucked.

PS: Villone and Proctor get the next three days off. No more with the overuse, damnit.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:34 AM
New Fan

No harm no foul. Boston lost as well. So we're still six in a half games ahead of them still. Hopefully Wang(Today) and Johnson(Tomorrow) can really help us pull away with a few more wins.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:34 AM
Absolute Fan

I don't care if Boston wins, although it would be wonderful if they just continued to slide. We're in control now, the division is ours to lose. We need to just keep winning series.

I do hate it when Boston plays LA though; it's hard when I want both teams to lose.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:20 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginary light (View Post)
I don't care if Boston wins, although it would be wonderful if they just continued to slide. We're in control now, the division is ours to lose. We need to just keep winning series.

I do hate it when Boston plays LA though; it's hard when I want both teams to lose.
Why do you dislike the Angels? Are you a Dodgers fan too or is it something else entirely? My problem isn't Boston winning it's winning when the Yankees lose. The last thing we want is too be 5 1/2 games back now.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:30 AM
Absolute Fan

The Angels are the only team that has a winning record against us during the Torre years. They're also the only team to knock us out of the playoffs more than once (2002, 2005). And then there's the ever-pesky Chone Figgins, who's a .260-.270 hitter this year, yet has hit about .500 against us.

I don't really care about the Angels as long as they're not in the playoffs though. I hatehatehate facing the Angels in the playoffs.

And yeah, I'd rather Boston lose. But still, it makes me uncomfortable when the Angels win and Oakland loses. Definitely rooting for Oakland this week so that I feel less awful about rooting for the Angels, Oakland is our best shot to keep them out of the playoffs, which is where they belong If they're not in the playoffs, they can't knock us out (brilliant logic, I know ).
Old 08-23-2006, 03:04 PM
Elite Fan

No argument from me on that logic. I have no interest at all in having to play the LAAoA on the big stage again.

Somebody in the MLB thread asked me why I could bother being unhappy with Torre after the five game sweep... well, it's pretty clear now, I think, after last night's continued disaster in bullpen management. Something has to be done to fix this insane crap -- that even Michael Kay can see is wrong! -- or we're going to continue to be sitting ducks in October.

Beth!! Welcome to the Yankee thread.

Edit: Mussina got placed on the DL.

Might as well, since he's going to miss two starts at least anyway and Bruney can help us, if Joe actually deigns to use him.

Last edited by -Bianca-; 08-23-2006 at 04:55 PM
Old 08-23-2006, 04:37 PM
Loyal Fan

I almost started a new thread with this post, hit the wring button.

The 15 day DL thing had me wailing and kissing a 20 wins season goodbye...

As for Last night - what is wrong with Jaret Wright?!!?

On unrelated news, I'm glad Gibbie and Lily fixed things, I was worried Boston might grab him.

Oh, and I relish a rematch btw the LAAoA and the NYY on the big stage with different results ofcourse, get that bug off their back for good.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire&CharlieFan4eva (View Post)
hey i'm beth and i love the Yankees this is my first post here for the Yanks thread

i've got a title
b/c we caused the Boston Massacre '06!
Beth, welcome & hello! Awesome title idea!

Uhhh, whenever I had trouble coming up with a thread title I ran to Letterman's Top 10's But I don't think he's done a Yankee one recently. I could be mistaken, though.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:15 PM
Absolute Fan

Welcome Beth!

Good start from the Wanger tonight. Should have been a shutout, but 7 IP 2 ER isn't bad either
Old 08-23-2006, 11:14 PM
Elite Fan

Since getting Moose there is off the table, maybe we can get Wang to 20. He's got seven or eight starts left (probably) and he only needs five more.

One walk aside, Dotel looked positively filthy tonight -- tangently, thank you, Joe, for not pitching Villone or Proctor in a seven run game for once.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Nice title.

How many starts does Mussina have left?
Old 08-26-2006, 02:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Dear Yankees,

Please stop letting the LAAA Angels own you. If you do, we'll return the favor by helping you win the East when we take care of the Red Sox (and their worthless bullpen) next week.

-The A's

P.S. "A-Rod", if you could limit the amount of K's to one (or two) a game, that would also be awesome.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread