Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2003, 10:44 AM
Supreme Fan

i want one [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] hopefully if i get Raikkonen's MP4 17D from the malaysian GP I might buy this myself cos i do still have some birthday money left...
FERNANDO ALONSO

In 2003 Fernando Alonso broke Bruce McLaren’s record of being the youngest ever race winner.

He dominated the Hungarian Grand Prix to take the victory with just over a 16 second lead from Kimi Raikkonen.

A well deserved victory for the young future World Champion.

We were delighted when Fernando agreed to sign 100 of his 2003 race winning Renault R23.

Signed on the sidepod this replica made by Hot Wheels features amazing detail including grooved rubber tyres and a realistic cockpit figure. The car is individually hand signed on the sidepod by Fernando. Each come car comes with a certificate of authenticity.

The price of this signed exclusive edition is just £99.99.
Old 12-21-2003, 11:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi all [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Nice start Linds! [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
I read today in the newspaper that Frentzen had the possibility to subscribe by Jordan. And I think after the bad dismissal 2001 we know why he's driving DTM next year instead of F1 by Jordan.
Old 12-21-2003, 11:14 AM
Supreme Fan

Frentzen and EJ use to get along so well until 2001 [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] I didn't think he did that badly during the British GP but i guess it was a cumilative thing. Or did they really have a massive argument about something? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
it was such a shame for them both really because HHF had a great season with Jordan in 2000.
Old 12-21-2003, 01:32 PM
Addicted Fan

Guess what guess what! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Marie doesn't know Joe Millionaire and if the rest of you are the same, let me just tell that it's a show where a man who tries to get him a girl who loves him and not his "money" he doesn't actually have. Well anyway, there is soon, in February, starting a Finnish version of it. And guess who's the hostess? Well... dadaa, Erja Häkkinen! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Erm... to someone who wasn't obsessed to Mika like me and some Marie, she is obviously his wife! Short story long there, eh. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

And I watched Motoforum today and it showed some F1 stuff, like always, and I kept wondering if Marie would like Nico Rosberg better than Heikki Kovalainen. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I dunno why, maybe the idea of her liking Finns have stuck in my mind. Though I don't like Nico cos he doesn't even speak Finnish and would probably drive under the German flag. Oh what ever, we wouldn't want you to be a real Finn anyway! Okay! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Moving on...

And they showed Jense. He was cute. Looked a bit like Rob with his wolly hat and all. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Swedish test tomorrow. Wish me luck.

[ 12-21-2003: Message edited hitzi1 ]
Old 12-21-2003, 07:31 PM
Elite Fan

Read your LJ Linds [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I don't have one because it says that you need some sort of code to have one. Where did you get your code from??

Marie - what is your LJ address?

It's Elementary my dear Watson
Old 12-22-2003, 06:05 AM
Elite Fan

I am all alone.
I think that I am going to eat worms [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

It's Elementary my dear Watson
Old 12-22-2003, 06:52 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by foreva_99:
<STRONG>I am all alone.
I think that I am going to eat worms [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Aww, don't eat worms. [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]

You don't need to have a code anymore. When I got a LJ, I had to get one from paid account users though. Marie probably knows more about it than me. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] You should get an account, Bel. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2003, 09:08 AM
Supreme Fan

OMG ERJA HAKKINEN!! I just [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] the Hakkinens [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] and suddenly I'm feeling low I wanna Mika back [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] I still love Mika more than anything else in sport [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] ok i worship sheffield united and i have cried a few times because of them and you all know my how fanatical i get about the current drivers but none of them can ever mean what Mika meant [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]
Jeez and now I'm really gonna cry but I'm not gonna go into this here.

bel - just click on the name "alonso" in my sig line [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img] that's the link to my LJ.
Old 12-22-2003, 10:26 AM
Supreme Fan

BAUMGARTNER SECURES FUNDS
Last Updated: Monday, 22 December , 2003, 14:24

Zsolt Baumgartner will sign a deal to race with Minardi after the Hungarian government agreed to back him.

According to a statement from his manager, Baumgartner will receive $4 million leaving the way clear for him to put pen to paper with the Minardi squad on Tuesday.

He told Reuters: "I have permission from Minardi team owner Paul Stoddart to announce that the contract will be signed on Tuesday.

The team revealed last week that they had offered the Hungarian a drive but were waiting for commercial arrangements to be finalised.

Baumgartner made his F1 race debut at the Hungarian GP in August replacing the injured Ralph Firman. He raced again at the Italian GP and immediately imnpressed team boss Stoddart.

Last week he said: "His performance last year, when with very little notice he replaced Firman, impressed me greatly. We're all impatient to start the 2004 season with Zsolt."

Earlier this month the team announced the signing of Italian Gianmaria Bruni for the first race seat.

Further details will be provided on Tuesday.

KIMI STAYING AT MCLAREN
Last Updated: Sunday, 21 December , 2003, 17:36

Kimi Raikkonen has dismissed speculation linking the Finn with a move away from McLaren.

It had been rumoured that last season's championship runner-up had been unsettled by McLaren signing Juan Pablo Montoya, putting rivals Ferrari on red alert.

But Dave Robertson said Raikkonen was happy at McLaren and more than willing to take on all comers.

He told the Sunday Mirror: "Kimi has absolutely no concerns about Juan Pablo joining the team. It doesn't bother him who his team-mate is.

"Kimi is confident in his own ability and is not going to get worried by the signing of any driver. He just wants the opportunity to show what he can do.

"He believes McLaren give him that opportunity. He's happy at the team and I am sure they have been happy with him.

"McLaren have looked after Kimi and he appreciates that. McLaren have always shown great loyalty to their people. They are a great team.

"There have been all sorts of stories about Kimi moving, but as far as we're concerned nothing could be further from the truth. He sees his future at McLaren."

Robertson said Raikkonen was professional enough to have a good relationship with any team-mate, whether it is Montoya, David Coulthard or anyone else.

He said: "Kimi has come to like David. They don't have a close personal relationship but they do have a good professional relationship. They work well together.

"But I'd like to think that Kimi would have a good professional relationship with any driver who became his team-mate. It is in the interest of the team and the drivers that they work together.

"Kimi knows Juan Pablo is good but he really doesn't have a problem with that. In the end it is down to him and what he can do on the track, and that's fine with him."

BERNIE RECEIVES BAHRAIN HONOUR
Last Updated: Monday, 22 December , 2003, 13:48

Bernie Ecclestone has received one of the highest personal honours of the Bahrain Kingdom.

The F1 supremo has been given the Bahrain Medal of the First Degree. The medal is usually reserved for Heads of State or people who perform outstanding services or achievements and is awarded at the sole discretion of His Majesty the King Shaikh Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa.

The medal was presented to Ecclestone, chief executive of Formula One Administration, by the Crown Prince HH Shaikh Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa during a ceremony at His Highness's office.

Ecclestone was in Bahrain at the invitation of the Crown Prince, His Highness Shaikh Salman, to view progress on the new circuit which will host the inaugural Bahrain Grand Prix on April 4 next year.

Ecclestone was full of praise for the new track which is due to be completed on 8 March 2004.

Ecclestone said: "It's super, Bahrain International Circuit will be one of the best in the world. The standard is so high it’s raised the bar so much.

“I'm very impressed and I'm very happy with it."

"It will be a great event. If I wasn't directly involved in Formula 1 myself I'd be buying a ticket before they sell out!"

RALF IN NO RUSH
Last Updated: Monday, 22 December , 2003, 11:42

Ralf Schumacher has said there is no rush in finalising his Williams contract.

The German admitted he did not expect a deal to be finalised before the middle of next season but added he was not worried.

He told Gazzetta dello Sport: "I'm not in a hurry. For sure we won't come to an agreement before the beginning or the middle of the season, but it's nothing to worry about.

"In 2004 I'll drive for BMW-Williams. After that we'll see."

The German recently admitted that he was unhappy with his recent contract proposals.

The new deal would keep him at Williams until the end of 2005 but there were some outstanding issues that were thought centre around personal sponsors.

He said: "These are internal matters over which I can't talk. I am not totally satisfied and that's why it's still going on."

Team-mate Juan Pablo Montoya leaves the squad to join McLaren at the end of this year so if Schumacher was to leave it would mean two new drivers for the team.

One suggestion has been that former Williams driver Jacques Villeneuve will re-join the team, but Schumacher quickly put the flames out on that rumour.

He said: "There are many rumours about the potential substitutes. Villeneuve? I can't believe that's a real possibility."

WEBBER FOR RENAULT IN 2005?
Last Updated: Sunday, 21 December , 2003, 17:54

Renault have an option on Mark Webber for 2005, team boss Flavio Briatore has revealed.

Webber signed an improved contract with Jaguar earlier this season which, it was believed, would see him stay at the Ford-owned team until the end of 2005.

But Briatore said Renault, who manage the Australian, still had a claim on his services for 2005. He told Atlas F1: "We manage Mark Webber and we have an option on him in 2005, so we have to decide whether to exercise this option.

"You never know in Formula 1 what the situation will be like in more than a year's time, but at the moment Webber is part of our group and he's with us."

Webber has been linked with a move to Williams as a replacement for Juan Pablo Montoya, but Briatore said Frank Williams was yet to make an enquiry.

He said: "There was no approach, but the speculations don't surprise me.

"I always believed in Webber and I invested money in him and now he looks good so sure for Frank it's cheaper to get Webber now than to groom him over years.

"But he is our driver and we will see what happens next year, because in 2005 we have the possibility to have him back in Renault or leave him in Jaguar for another one year and then bring him back to our team."

But Briatore appeared to hand Williams a ray of hope by suggesting it was still possible they could persuade him to release Webber.

He said: "If I feel that I don't need Webber and at the same time Frank approaches me and asks for Webber, then maybe if I can give up Webber then I will do this for Frank, because my relationship with him is very very good."

SAUBER FEEL THE PINCH
Last Updated: Monday, 22 December , 2003, 15:30

Budget concerns will limit Sauber’s running of the third car in testing next year.

According to the new regulations, the bottom six teams are all allowed to run a third car and their spare car during the practice sessions at race weekends.

This rule was introduced to replace the Heathrow Agreement, which allowed teams to have a private test on Friday mornings.

But Sauber team boss Peter Sauber has admitted his team will not be able to afford the running of the third car in all sessions next year.

He told Blick: "We do not have the budget to do the full season [of official practice sessions]."
Old 12-22-2003, 02:30 PM
Supreme Fan

old but nice

gorgeous! (see below)

just so cutie [img]smilies/drool_spit.gif[/img] [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img] (below)

ok that's enough already. i've got millions more but i don't want you all to go to sleep [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 12-22-2003: Message edited *MH* ]
Old 12-22-2003, 03:52 PM
Supreme Fan

Sauber to get same engine as Ferrari
Sauber Petronas will receive the same engine type as Ferrari in 2004 as new rules stipulate that an engine must last for an entire Grand Prix weekend.

The relationship between Sauber and Ferrari began in 1996 after Ford withdrew its engine supply on order to power the newly established Stewart Grand Prix team (later to become Jaguar).

Since 1996 Sauber has always made use of a previous season's version of the Ferrari engine, while the scarlet cars had the benefit of the latest developments. In recent years the Sauber team has used engines which Ferrari operated towards the end of the previous season. The relationship has grown and now Sauber enjoy a few more components in the rear of their car from the previous year's Ferrari.

"Concerning the engine, it's very simple," a Sauber spokesman told F1Racing.net. "For the first time, Sauber will be using the same engine type as Ferrari - and not a prior year version."

Thus Sauber, who opened a new state-of-the-art wind tunnel at their Hinwil base in Switzerland last week, will at least begin the season with a more current, up-to-date, and powerful engine.

F1Racing.net reported last week that a similar situation would take hold between Jaguar and Jordan and the supply of Ford engines Eddie Jordan's team receives.

Minardi 'buy out' has failed
Negotiations for the sale of Formula One team Minardi have failed. Earlier this year, it was reported that Aussie owner Paul Stoddart rushed back from Indianapolis to team HQ in Italy to finalise a buy-out deal.

According to our sources, the deal was 'almost concluded' by October and explained why team founder Gian Carlo Minardi didn't attend the Indy race.

The deal involved a group of businessmen from Northern Italy, according to reports, who were looking at a $6 million stake in the Cosworth-powered team.

They might also have been looking at Stoddart's majority share, too. But Gian Carlo Minardi now says 'negotiations with the Italian investors' have stopped ahead of preparations for the looming (2004) race season. 'For the moment,' said the team founder, also an Italian, 'we will continue the business with the same management.'
Old 12-23-2003, 05:11 AM
Moderator Manager

okay. from now on, i'm posting the kimi pics. we just have too much alonso to get around. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

bel: nah, don't eat worms. slugs are better. [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img]

hitzi: but who's better? nico or heikka? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

jens: [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

marie: OMG! you have to buy that! at least you still have some bday money left. man, tell me how you save? [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

ETA: i won't be around eve of xmas, xmas day & the day after so i wish you all A MERRY CHRISTMAS!

[ 12-23-2003: Message edited L i N d $ @ y ]

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet. ✨

Old 12-23-2003, 09:54 AM
Supreme Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Lindsay - so i can't post Kimi pics anymore [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] but i guess if it means that i can concentrate on Alonso it's all good [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] i swear he gets sexier and sexier! phwoar [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
well i do actually have around £1,200 which is mine that i haven't spent and that car only costs £99.99 and then i want money to buy some tickets for silverstone which will cost maybe £150-£200 overall when i'm done (if i go). so i think i have enough money already [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 12-23-2003, 03:49 PM
Supreme Fan

A DONE DEAL
Last Updated: Tuesday, 23 December , 2003, 12:54

The deal is official as Minardi announce the signing of Zsolt Baumgartner as the team’s second driver.

On Monday it was revealed that the Hungarian had secured backing from the government paving the way to a contract with the Anglo-Italian team.

The 22-year old joins Gianmaria Bruni who signed with the team earlier this month.

He said: “For me, Christmas has definitely come early this year.

“The two races I did this past season made me more determined than ever that I wanted to be in Formula 1.

“I have now realised that dream, although I don’t think the reality of it has quite sunk in yet.

“There are many people who have helped me to get to this point in my racing career, but I particularly want to thank Thomas Frank, for his unstinting efforts on my behalf, and Paul Stoddart, for giving me the opportunity to show what I can do in Formula 1.

“I just want to start working with the European Minardi team as soon as possible, so that I can be well prepared for the beginning of the season. It is a huge challenge, but I am really looking forward to it.”

Team boss Paul Stoddart added: “We are very pleased that we have been able to finalise Zsolt’s contract at this time.

“I believe he has considerable ability, and hopefully, the nurturing environment within Minardi, which has helped to launch the Formula 1 careers of so many talented young drivers in recent years, will also allow him to develop and hone his skills to the point where he firmly establishes his credentials at the very top level of motor racing.”

WILSON FRUSTRATED AT F1 EXIT
Last Updated: Tuesday, 23 December , 2003, 10:38

Justin Wilson has admitted his F1 future has hit a stumbling block.

Wilson’s comments come after it was revealed that Zsolt Baumgartner would be signing his contract with Minardi later on Tuesday.

The Minardi drive along with a second Jordan seat are the only two berths available in F1 next year.

But both seats have required substantial funding, something Wilson has been unable to provide.

He told The Sun newspaper: "I felt I performed well but at the moment it doesn't appear I will be able to carry on which is a great shame.

"I am more frustrated than bitter at the way things have turned out."

Wilson made his racing debut with Minardi at the beginning of the season only to switch to Jaguar with five races remaining to replace the outgoing Antonio Pizzonia.

The Briton hoped the that Big Cat would continue with his services in 2005 but they instead opted for Austrian Christian Klein, who has brought financial funding from energy drink Red Bull.

Now with the imminent signing of Baumgartner to the second Minardi seat following the financial backing of the Hungarian government, Wilson finds himself out in the cold.

He said: "You see people coming into the sport because they have the cash backing needed, and wonder where it is all going to end.

"I always thought the further you progress in the sport the better it's going to get but that's not the case with me.

"There has been talk about me racing in America but I really would like to continue in F1 in some role.

"I want to race but taking a year out to find my feet could help me to come back strong."

RUBENS PREDICTS MICHELIN THREAT
Last Updated: Tuesday, 23 December , 2003, 12:42

Rubens Barrichello is the latest to voice his concern over the Michelin tyres.

Last week a Bridgestone engineer admitted he was worried about the early pace of the Michelin runners in testing.

Now Ferrari driver Barrichello fears Bridgestone will be playing catch-up to the French manufacturer after their progress this season.

He told Gazzetta della Sport: "If I look at the last few seasons, there are reasons to worry about, of course.

"The improvement Michelin made in 2003 was impressive. If they make another one like that next year, we will have to catch up."

Michelin have added one more team to their list in 2004 after BAR made the switch from Bridgestone. They will now supply six teams: Williams, McLaren, Renault, BAR, Jaguar and Toyota.

Despite Ferrari taking both the Drivers and Constructors’ titles Barrichello has predicted another tough battle in 2004.

He said: "I'm under no illusions. It will be a hard battle against McLaren, Williams and Renault, and who knows if some other team will manage to come out with a competitive car that can fight for the top spots.

"Obviously I hope that the end of the season will be like it was this year, with Ferrari winning."

BAR RETURN TO CHINA
Last Updated: Tuesday, 23 December , 2003, 15:41

Takuma Sato was the latest driver to head to China ahead of the inaugural event next year.

The visit was used as an opportunity for the BAR team to build relationships with Chinese businesses and to meet commercial and political figures in the region.

First stop was Beijing before they headed to Shanghai, the venue for the race next September where the team took part in the Shanghai Automobile Race and Utility Vehicle Exhibition.

Sato said: "The aim of this trip was to develop the team's flourishing relationship with China and to meet Japanese businesses within China. It was quite literally a flying visit, but we were able to pack in a lot of activities.

"Personally, the trip was extremely interesting. Being Japanese, my homeland is very close geographically to China, but I have never had the opportunity to visit before.

“Beijing and Shanghai are both very impressive but with two very different characters. Shanghai is very dynamic and full of energy, while Beijing is more serene but full of history.

"I think China will be a great location for a grand prix. There is such interest in Formula One and a rapidly growing understanding, which was pleasantly surprising. It's going to be a great race!"
Old 12-23-2003, 03:54 PM
Supreme Fan

check of the drivers in Kenya clip!!! so kewl!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] and the drivers in Moscow. ok so watch all the clips [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Renaultf1 site video page
Closed Thread   Post New Thread