Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 08:29 AM
Master Fan

Gotta love what Ohno said after..

Quote:
"You know, it is the head Canadian referee [Michel Verrault] out there,” said Ohno, with a smirk and a shrug. “And there were two Canadians in the race.”
Way to be classy on your way out of the sport For someone who has greatly benefited from other people falling and close calls in the past, I dont think those comments were the best thing to say.

BTW...to the people watching on CTV, wasnt St-Gelais was hilarious during the race? So cute when she jumped over the railing to hug Hamelin, and had to get a boost from someone to jump back

"If I hadn't gone into acting, I would be a horsetrainer or a tunnel digger...or a swan"

DEATHtoNORMALCY | VOTEforMISHA
Old 02-27-2010, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just rolled my eyes at whatever Ohno had to say

But St-Gelais was adorable! She was just so excited it was so cute
The jury's out, but my choice is you

Old 02-27-2010, 09:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Catherine* (View Post)
Gotta love what Ohno said after..

Way to be classy on your way out of the sport For someone who has greatly benefited from other people falling and close calls in the past, I dont think those comments were the best thing to say.
yeah I hated that he said that because I am a huge apolo fan but in this case (after rewatching the race online in slow-mo) you can clearly see he has his hand on the skater a little before the beginning of the turn till the guy falls. Plus like you said he did benefit in the past with the same referee like in salt lake over the korean then. The people doing the commentaries on the channel I was watching even knew Apolo would get DQ as soon as the guy fell, they called it before the race was even finished. I am disapointed in apolo but maybe he didn't realised he did what he did since it was a very fast race, so being DQ on your last single race sucks. But he did went on to win bronze in teams so I was happy for him to have that as his last thing.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread