Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2019, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Apart from Alycia, who are you crushing on #18: Let the crushes flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
she played Lady Rose MacClare.
Ah ok, I didn't watch much of it either. I just saw like 1 season.

Old 11-11-2019, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

TFTNT

guys can't wait until Runaways season 3!

btw the title is not boring. we let it flow
Old 11-11-2019, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

Thanks Gabriel for the new one
Old 11-11-2019, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Love the stunning pic!
Old 11-12-2019, 02:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Tftnt

December is close!

EC | ADC

Old 11-12-2019, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

It really is.
Old 11-13-2019, 02:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

I am very crushing on Emilia and need to watch Last Christmas
Old 11-13-2019, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I have to watch it too, but not all too soon. I have to wait for some decent online stream.

I decided to kinda cancel ginny tbh. Not the show, I will surely continue watching. But girl went on holiday in saudi-arabia (plus some event maybe?). That's like going to china or brunei, etc. Knowing the human rights situation, especially those of work slaves, women and lgbt people you really should go on holiday in those radical states. And let‘s not forget how the saudis murder thousands of people in jemen.

But the thing is americans that are conservative or come from conservative/right wing families are normally super fond of saudi arabia, but at the same time have problems with peaceful muslim immigrants/refugees in the US. It's hypocrite.

Also girl did of course not wear a hijab in public though it's 100% mandatory for all women there, but I think for western celebs they always make exceptions. I mean I'm of course against forcing women to cover their heads, but if you already go to one of these radical islamic kingdoms you should prob. at least follow local rules. It‘s a mix of arrogance (I‘m too good to adapt to local stuff) and ignorance (as long as I enjoy my stay people can die, be opressed, etc next to me).

(I'd also totally cancel alycia if she ever did that.)

Last edited by Arrakis; 11-13-2019 at 11:56 AM
Old 11-14-2019, 03:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i am hyped with Emilia right now!

okay wait what? i will respond to you now part for part. i really love some points and i really love what you wrote here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
Also girl did of course not wear a hijab in public though it's 100% mandatory for all women there, but I think for western celebs they always make exceptions. I mean I'm of course against forcing women to cover their heads, but if you already go to one of these radical islamic kingdoms you should prob. at least follow local rules. It‘s a mix of arrogance (I‘m too good to adapt to local stuff) and ignorance (as long as I enjoy my stay people can die, be opressed, etc next to me).
i am so glad you are pointing this out because this is EXACTLY what i always say to my friends. am i against burka and women covering up in total black. yes, i hate the idea that women need to hide themselves under thick clothes and really sweat in summer. but hell, if you visit such a country, then follow their rules and show the country some respect! i have family in turkey and when i visit them, i also am not wearing short stuff. i am not covering up my hair because i am against that and i am german, i don't need to do that and many many people also don't do that in turkey. but let's say if every single person in turkey would do that, i would do that as well. anyways, what i can do and i do, is not wearing a tank top and showing my knees. i respect their rules and am not walking around like in germany for example during summer times in hot pants etc.

okay this was longer than i intended, sorry lol. but yeah, if i was in saudi arabia, i'd wear what everyone wears. it's some sign of respect. or i wouldn't visit that country in the first place, i can think of other countries or holiday places if i was rich.

i don't know more information and what Ginny did there? just holidays or was there a promotion/event? i don't cancel on her because she visited this country. for example would you never visit the UK because you don't agree with their politics? i still visit UK, and i also would like to visit America even if i hate their president. it's difficult to draw a line there. which country do you visit and which not? doesn't every country have miseranle politics and people in it? some are more dangerous/in war, some less - but objectively spoken every country has their "evil" people in it. where do you draw the line?

in Ginny's case i think she just didn't have these deep thoughts or maybe she did and still wanted to see a new country and discover new things. i don't know. i just know i would rather fly to Australia or USA instead of any war crisis country in which women count like animals.
Old 11-14-2019, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I think in parts of turkey you can or could at least actually wear stuff liek tanktops, just like in lebanon or morocco they are more fee countries as opposed to well saudi arabia.

I don't think you can compare saudi arabia to the UK though. I mean sure I don't like boris johnson, nor do I like trump, but in both countries there's still a level of freedom left, though the US is currently on a pretty bad way same as turkey too ,but at least they don't have slaves there and turkey was luckily stopped from commiting a genocide among kurds. Saudi Arabia is on the same level as china, russia and brunei. Porbably the worst countries in the world. ho kill, opress and imprison millions of people. For me there is no excuse.

I cancel on her bc she's just an ignorant fool. For both reasons I mentioned, for even traveling there despite all that happens there and for not respecting local rules. Not surprising though bc she comes from a trump supporter family I think. I just hoped she was better.

Edit, apparently she also went to some con there, but only one person took a pic with her it seems (and backstage) I sort of doubt men there would allow their women to take pics with a girl playing a gay character, I mean anyways, you go to a country where lgbt people are imprisoned or even executed to promote a show about a same sex couple?

Last edited by Arrakis; 11-14-2019 at 11:18 PM
Old 11-15-2019, 04:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

yes in the holiday areas you can wear but you want, but i never really count those parts into the "real" world of people in Turkey. holiday areas are always something different.

i agree completely on your second paragraph.

i wasn't aware she is coming from a Trump supporter family. that's a pity since mostly you think the same way as your parents when you are educated this way. sure later on everyone can make up their own mind. but maybe Ginny didn't which is sad. i'd cancel on her too if she is really a Trump supporter?

and her being there at a con is actually good news isn't it? i mean firstly because she was there to promote and secondly that the country allows her to promote a gay character. maybe that's a good step? or they are just being hypocrite. probably the last one and i am naive here.

anyways, i personally would cancel her more because of her political direction instead of her traveling to Saui Arab in order to promote. maybe she even had to travel there?
Old 11-15-2019, 04:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the discussion, a very interesting what I read here.

I never followed Ginny's private life. Just the pics Gabriel posted in here and I liked them. But pics never tell the reality.

Sad if Ginny herself is a Trump supporter. Even worse cause she plays a gay character and we all know how Trump's view on LGBT community. Or generally all other people except of white old male Americans

I have friends who travel to Afgahnistan or Egypt etc for vacation to explore the country. They told me wonderful things about the countries and some people they met there. Just because a country sucks on politics and different things, the people in it don't. If you travel to a risky country, you can just go there in order to explore the landscape, people, food etc. I don't see anything bad with that to be honest and I get people who do that. But I also get people who don't want to travel there because of the politcal situation.

EC | ADC

Old 11-15-2019, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movies (View Post)
Thanks for the discussion, a very interesting what I read here.

I never followed Ginny's private life. Just the pics Gabriel posted in here and I liked them. But pics never tell the reality.

Sad if Ginny herself is a Trump supporter. Even worse cause she plays a gay character and we all know how Trump's view on LGBT community. Or generally all other people except of white old male Americans

I have friends who travel to Afgahnistan or Egypt etc for vacation to explore the country. They told me wonderful things about the countries and some people they met there. Just because a country sucks on politics and different things, the people in it don't. If you travel to a risky country, you can just go there in order to explore the landscape, people, food etc. I don't see anything bad with that to be honest and I get people who do that. But I also get people who don't want to travel there because of the politcal situation.
I don't think ginny is a trump supporter herself.

Afgansitan or egypt are still not comparable to saudi arabia though, bc they don't murder tons of peopel in other countries bc they want a governemnt change or also their own critical people.
Old 11-15-2019, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Me either on Ginny. Trump is mostly popular among SG, Boomer early Xer white men.
Old 11-16-2019, 03:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't stan on problematic Actors or Actresses. They only bother me.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread