Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-15-2003, 01:51 PM
Master Fan

The celebrity burp-off brought out the best of the best with Britney Spears, Drew Barrymore and Justin Timberlake competing for the top prize. The dubious honor was bestowed on "Mr. Justified" himself.

"You guys better be glad that it wasn't a farting contest because I would have won that too," said Justin during his acceptance speech.

Hours later, while promoting his upcoming summer tour with Christina Aguilera, Justin confessed to his burping background. "I spent a lot of my childhood ruining family dinners and look at me now. I get an award for it. Ha ha, mama!"

Something to be proud of [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
http://www.accesshollywood.msn.com/t...oiceawards.asp
Old 04-16-2003, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I saw that. Personally, I think Drew should have won, but Justin did do a great job. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 04-17-2003, 08:22 AM
New Fan

Hey everyone, The Justin Timebrlake dvd will be released in the beginning of MAy (the 6th I think)...you should all go out and buy it. It will include the following:
>"Like I Love You" video
>clips from the making of the video
>"Cry Me A River" video
>"Rock Your Body" video
>clips from the making of the video
>Justin's performance of Cry Me A River in Times Square
>Justin performing at the Brit awards
>Mtv album launch "Justified"
If anyone knows anythinglese that will be on the dvd post it.
Old 04-18-2003, 09:16 AM
Master Fan

STILL SPLITSVILLE: Sorry, all you die-hard romantics. Rumors of a reunion
for pop tarts Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake are just that. "No,
they're definitely not gonna get back together," Lance Bass tells TV Guide
Online's resident Party Boy, Daniel Coleridge. "I'd like to see them
together. I love them both. But I don't see them gettin' back together
anytime soon." However, Bass denies reports that the exes are feuding.
"They're still friends," he says. "They talk all the time. There's no
rivalry whatsoever, so it's all gossip."

Happy Friday!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-23-2003, 05:36 PM
Elite Fan

Seann William Scott and Timberlake to Co-host MTV Movie Awards

HOLLYWOOD (Zap2it.com) - Justin Timberlake and Seann William Scott ("Bulletproof Monk") have signed on to co-host the 2003 MTV Movie Awards, organizers announced Wednesday (April 23).

"You could not ask for a more dynamic duo than Justin and Seann to help celebrate the year in movies,? says MTV President Van Toffler. "The MTV Movie Awards has always been about the twisted, unexpected moments and this year?s show will no doubt provide our audience with a night of celebrity sloppiness and fun.?

"The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers" and "Spider-man" received five nominations each, while Eminem is up for two awards for his debut movie performance in "8 Mile." Destiny's Child singer Beyonce Knowles also received a nomination for best breakthrough female.

Viewer voting for the awards show is already up from last year by approximately 21 percent, according to the network. Over 1 million votes have been cast in the first two and a half days of online voting.

Scott, who currently stars opposite Chow Yun-Fat in "Bulletproof Monk," will next appear in the "American Pie" sequel, "American Wedding." Meanwhile, Timberlake will be promoting his solo album, "Justified," on the upcoming Justified & Stripped North American tour with Christina Aguilera, which kicks off June 4 in Phoenix, Ariz.

The MTV Movie Awards will take place at Los Angeles' Shrine Auditorium on Saturday, May 31. The show will then air on the cable network on June 5th at 9 p.m. (ET/PT).

Ohh some good news! JT's album sales are going to be good with this and the tour! [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2003, 06:32 PM
Master Fan

JC Chasez Previews Schizophrenic Solo Debut

'NSYNCer is all over the map musically on his as-yet-untitled first LP.

by Corey Moss

GLENDALE, California — One of the titles JC Chasez is considering for his solo debut is Schizophrenic, the word he uses to explain its multiple flavors.

While 'NSYNC's other resident songwriter, Justin Timberlake, chose a mostly R&B route for his first record, Chasez is all over the map.

"I have a lot more live music on it, but I also have electronica pieces in there 'cause I love that stuff," JC said during a break at one of the studios where he's been recording. "My favorite kind of stuff is super-hype music when I'm in the club, or something to really zone out to so I can drive my car and kind of forget about everything. ... I definitely incorporated the electronica, but I've also taken the very raw elements as well and mashed the two into this big noisy pit of tones and timing and melody."

Like Timberlake, Chasez parades his Michael Jackson influence. However, while previewing several of the tracks on Thursday, other names came to his mind, like Prince, Seal and Jamiroquai. One of the dance ditties uses the beat from Corey Hart's 1983 single "Sunglasses at Night," while a more rock track is carried by handclaps.

So far, JC has cooked up his musical smorgasbord with a variety of producers, including electronic music maestro BT, R&B hitmaker Rodney Jerkins, Riprock 'n' Alex G (Christina Aguilera) and newcomer Rob Boldt.

"My goal in making this record was to have a lot of fun, so basically I just ended up working with my friends," Chasez explained. "BT and I became friends when we worked on the 'NSYNC record ['Pop'] and I had kind of looked up to his stuff. We ended up hanging out and so what did we do? We worked together".

"[Riprock 'n' Alex G], I've known them for years; we used to live together," he continued. "I didn't want a fabricated record so I didn't go make calls and say, 'This guy's a hitmaker, so I need a hit right now.' I took a hippie mentality to it. 'Dude, let's hang out and write tunes all day.' "

With Jerkins, who hails from JC's home city of Orlando, Florida, the singer and the producer pulled each other in different directions.

"He made it more sparse than maybe I'm used to," Chasez recalled. "And I did some weird melodic things with him. I started singing all this weird stuff over it. And he's like, 'Whatever you're doing, it's weird, but it's cool.' We just found our place in the middle."

Lately, JC's been in Boldt's studio, where he's been writing songs on a grand piano and recording them with live musicians, including experimental keyboardist Roger Manning Jr. (Beck, Air). He's also composed and recorded string sections.

"The stuff that I do with Rob is very organic," Chasez said. "I didn't think radio or club at all; I thought purely musical. It pushed me as a musician, which I enjoyed 'cause when you set the tone and the level of that musically it pushes you more as a songwriter. You think, 'Man, I have to think of something that's good enough to go with this lyrically.' "

When it comes to writing lyrics, JC can be quirky — as in songs about getting hit by a cannonball or falling in love with an alien — but mostly he tells it like is. In fact, his other contender for a title is The Truth.

"Even though I have a barrage of material in my mind, it comes out very succinct and very clean, simple and truthful," he explained. "It can be anything from being out or, of course, the classic thing, being in love or maybe falling out of love. There's a lot of weird stuff going on in my brain, but I think it's stuff that everybody relates to. There's songs about sex, there's songs about drugs, there's songs about relationships."

One of the other voices on the album, in a more figurative sense, is JC's fanbase. After finishing his first song, the "Drumline" soundtrack's "Blowin' Me Up (With Her Love)", he put it on his Web site, www.onlyartist.com, and asked fans for feedback.

"Since 'NSYNC's been chilling and we haven't been on the road or in contact with all our fans and everything, I needed to find a way to interact with them," Chasez explained. "I also wanted to show my appreciation. I'm gonna put songs out there, not only from my record, but I'm going to give them something free. After I'm done putting together my album, I want to give them something special because I want them to know that I still care."

A lot of the e-mails JC receives are ideas about other rappers or singers he should work with.

"That seems to be the big thing right now, collaborations," he said. "[But] if I end up collaborating with somebody, I want it to be spur of the moment. I refuse to have it planned out. I think that's going to take away from the whole process."

A release date has not yet been set for the record, but Chasez plans to finish it in the next couple of weeks, after working with Dallas Austin. The recording sessions will find JC coming full circle, as Austin produced "Blowin' Me Up" and was the person who convinced him to do a solo album. Before that, the 'NSYNC star was reading scripts.

"He's like, 'You've got too much to say. You know, there's no reason why you shouldn't. You're writing songs anyway,' " Chasez recalled. "And I kind of went home and looked myself in the mirror and was like, 'Dude, you're not an actor. I don't know what you're thinking with that pile of books and stuff like that over there.' I do that stuff to take my mind off of doing music, but at the end of the day I want to be in the studio. I had to look myself in the face and go, 'You can do TV shows, but remember that's not what you do for a living, dude. You do records for a living.' "

This report is provided by MTV News
Old 04-25-2003, 12:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the news. The MTV Awards should be fun with he and Seann together. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

icon by jess
Old 04-25-2003, 01:52 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
*NSYNC and Timberlake Back in Business

*NSYNC's love affair with the pop charts is far from over - they are writing a new album due out at the end of the year.

The band have been beset with reports of a split since the five members went their separate after releasing 2001 album "Celebrity."

Justin Timberlake and JC Chasez have launched solo careers, Joey Fatone has pursued acting and Lance Bass has trained as an astronaut.

But Bass says the band are back in business, and will release a new LP later this year.

The star-gazing singer says, "This one definitely is going to be a career record. But we're very excited because everyone did go off and had success in whatever they did and now we have to make a record for all those fans."

Bass even insists Timberlake's huge success as a solo singer will help rather than hinder the group's future collective efforts.

He adds, "It think it was great. I mean all of our fans got on board and plus he got a lot more fans, especially with the urban market that totally embraced him. Which is gonna be great when our new album comes out because we'll have a whole fast vast new market.

"It's gonna be a lot of hard work. We're all writing together - I don't know where this album is gonna go, you know, but we have to really blow people away."

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2003

Old 04-25-2003, 05:51 PM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for posting that, Ty. I wonder what the new stuff will sound like...
Old 04-25-2003, 06:22 PM
Master Fan

JC Chasez Says Weird Al's Got Nothing On Joey Fatone

'NSYNC bandmate has plenty of experience to call on for upcoming parodies album, he says.

by Corey Moss

GLENDALE, California — Joey Fatone's decision to record an album of song parodies may seem odd, but it makes perfect sense to fellow 'NSYNC star JC Chasez.

"I thought it was the best idea in the world, because he does that anyway," Chasez said during a break from his own solo project. "People don't know that Joey has spoofed every song that we've ever recorded. Every time we go into the studio, he sings the whole song off the top of his head, a whole stupid version of the song, and makes up his own words and does all these dumb things."

The only problem with Fatone's hidden talent is his past parodies are not exactly suitable for the majority of 'NSYNC fans.

"They're usually pretty bad," Chasez said, laughing. " 'Tearin' Up My Heart' was 'Tearin' Up My Ass,' you know, like, 'When I eat spicy food ...' or something like that. That's actually one of the more delicate ones."

Fatone's spokesperson had no information on the record, but Lance Bass said recently he knew of a parody of Justin Timberlake's "Cry Me a River" in the works.

And it appears Timberlake won't be the only 'NSYNC singer spoofed. "He's actually [asked], 'Yo dude, if I did 'Blowing Me Up' but I did other words, can you give me the track?,' " Chasez said. "I was like, 'Let me talk to Dallas [Austin, the song's producer], dude.' I definitely think he's doing the right thing. He's gonna do something that nobody else is doing right now who has the kind of spotlight that he has. And Joey does it as good as anybody."

Fatone has until the fall to complete the project, since 'NSYNC are scheduled to end their hiatus then and begin recording the follow-up to 2001's Celebrity.

Chasez said the group is especially excited to reunite after singing a cappella together in a Bee Gees tribute at February's Grammy Awards.

"The minute we start singing as a group it just sounds great — I mean, it sounds great to us," he said. "There's something in the room, you get chills when you start singing again. And we were happy to do [the tribute], especially to be honored like that, to be asked by the Bee Gees, one of the reasons that vocal harmony groups are doing what they do. They carried on a legacy, and it was kind of weird in a way because it was kind of like passing on a torch or something. It's like, 'OK, you get the next five miles.'

"There's no question there's magic there," he continued, "and it's weird to say, but we all knew it from the beginning. We never knew how far it would go or whatever; we always knew that there was magic between us, and there will be more. We'll get back together later this year and start getting into the studio and life will be good."

When 'NSYNC do join forces again, JC and Justin will be armed with songs leftover from their solo albums.

"The guys might say, 'Dude, that's dope,' and if not, I'll start from the drawing board from there and write for the group," Chasez said. "I've always been about what works."

Old 04-26-2003, 09:26 AM
Passionate Fan

Did anyone tape Justin and Christina on Access Hollywood on I think 4/24? Does anybody have a transcript or pics? Thanks in advance! Oh...and do you know if they're going to show it again? Maybe on the weekend edition of Access Hollywood?

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]
Charisse
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose.Act.
Old 04-30-2003, 04:05 AM
Master Fan

50 Cent, Biggie, Justin Timberlake On 'Bad Boys 2' Soundtrack

Album will also feature Nelly, Beyoncé and P. Diddy, who's releasing the LP.

by Shaheem Reid

It's only right that the first Bad Boy album to be released off of P. Diddy's new distribution deal with Universal Records be called "Bad Boys."

P.D. called upon some of his buddies to hand in tracks for the soundtrack to "Bad Boys 2," which like the first film stars Will Smith and Martin Lawrence. According to a source in the Bad Boy camp, in addition to new songs by Puff and some artists on his label like Loon, Carl Thomas, Cherri Dennis and Black Rob, 50 Cent, Justin Timberlake, Fat Joe, Nelly, Lenny Kravitz, Beyoncé Knowles, and the Neptunes will all appear on the album, as will the Notorious B.I.G.

The first single is set to be Jay-Z's "La, La, La (Excuse Me Again)," which is a sequel to "Excuse Me Miss." Loon's duet with Kelis, "How You Want That," is slated to be the B-side offering. Both songs are currently being played on the radio and have videos on tap. A director for Jay's clip is still being secured, while Lil' X is locked in to direct Loon and Kelis.

Elsewhere on the LP, 50 Cent's duet with Notorious B.I.G., "The Realest N---as," will finally find an official home. There will also be a 50 and G-Unit posse cut on the soundtrack.

Speaking of mic collaborations, tag-teaming seems to be a popular concept on the soundtrack. Diddy joined St. Lunatics Nelly and Murphy Lee on a track that is still untitled, and he linked with Lenny Kravitz and Pharrell Williams for "Show Me Your Soul." The crooning Neptunes producer is said to rap on his verse. Not to be left out, Foxy Brown guest stars on Mario Winans' "Pretty Girl Bullsh--."

Beyoncé and Justin Timberlake opted to go the solo route, contributing "Keep Givin' Your Love" and "I Love You," respectively. Rounding off the soundtrack will be the club smash "Uh Oh," by 19-year-old newcomer Lumidee, who just signed to Universal/Motown Records, and "Girl, I'm a Bad Boy" by Fat Joe.

While the "Bad Boys 2" soundtrack, due July 15, will be the first release from Bad Boy this year, other albums aren't far off. Dream will drop their sophomore LP on August 12 and Loon's self-titled debut is due August 26. "Bad Boys 2" hits theaters July 18.

Old 04-30-2003, 07:50 AM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for posting, jill.
Old 05-02-2003, 11:07 PM
Master Fan

Where's Your Head At? JC Chasez's Is In Electronic Music

'NSYNC singer teams up with Basement Jaxx in latest electro collabo.

by Corey Moss

GLENDALE, California — While Justin Timberlake has become the hot collaboration in hip-hop, JC Chasez is claiming the title in electronic music.

Just weeks after lending his voice to BT's new release, the 'NSYNC star has recorded a track with British dance duo Basement Jaxx.

The collaboration came together during a visit Chasez made to London last month. "I was visiting people I listen to who aren't here in the States and ended up running into the Basement Jaxx," JC said. "Those guys are really, really cool, really creative. The stuff they come up with is out of this world."

Chasez watched the duo at work for a few hours before they asked if he would go into the vocal booth.

"They were like, 'We've got this song we're working on. We just need you to maybe sing some stuff over it or just go with the flow. And here are some of the words. If you want to say some of the words, you say 'em. If you don't, it's cool, just kind of sing and make some up,' '' Chasez recalled. "I was like, 'OK, why not?' "

JC spent a few hours goofing around in the booth but didn't think much of it until the guys called him back the next day.

"They're like, 'Man, we've cut all this stuff together, and man, it's brilliant.' 'It's brilliant,' that's what they say in England," Chasez said, laughing. "They were like, 'We just need you to come in for another hour tomorrow, dude, and we got some layout here and we'll just clean it all up.' ... Who knows if they'll use it or if they won't, but either way it was just fun to work with those guys."

Basement Jaxx have yet to set a track list or release date for their follow-up to 2001's Rooty, which included the hit "Where's Your Head At", according to their spokesperson.

Chasez, meanwhile, is putting the finishing touches on his debut, which so far is without any guest vocalists (see "JC Chasez Previews Schizophrenic Solo Debut").

"[Collaborations] aren't supposed to be contrived," he said. "You're supposed to be hanging out. That's just the way I feel about stuff. I just want things to feel good and flow, and if you're into it, you're into it, and if you're not, I don't want it to be about dollar signs. I want it to be about doing a cool song."

Old 05-02-2003, 11:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the info. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

icon by jess