Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2016, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

REWATCH: 1.21 "Cliffhanger" - Air Date 13-Apr-2015

</scorpion> Episode 1.21 Cliffhanger

x

Quote:
WALTER FINALLY LEARNS CABE’S LONG-KEPT SECRET REGARDING THE BAGHDAD MISSION, AND IT THREATENS TO TEAR TEAM SCORPION APART FOREVER, ON "SCORPION," MONDAY, APRIL 13

“Cliffhanger” –Walter finally learns Cabe’s long-kept secret regarding the Baghdad mission, and it threatens to tear Team Scorpion apart forever. Also, Paige’s world is rocked when Ralph puts his life in danger to help the team, on SCORPION, Monday, April 13 (9:00-9:59 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: When Walter learns the truth, will this B the end of #TeamScorpion? 4/13 9PM ET/PT @ScorpionCBS CBS Press Express | WALTER FINALLY LEARNS CABE’S LONG-KEPT SECRET REGARDING THE BAGHDAD MISSION, AND IT THREATENS TO TEAR TEAM SCORPION APART FOREVER, ON "SCORPION," MONDAY, APRIL 13
Source
Promo * Sneak Peeks

~Heidi

Last edited by FoxPhile; 02-06-2020 at 04:30 PM
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

I might try to join in the rewatch

mia toretto brian o'conner
lex luthor lana lang | jordan ♥ t.c.
clary fray ♥ jace herondale | jax ♥ tara
haylie | icon | LJ | tumblr
Lexipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This episode does distressing things to my heart not gonna lie.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's a difficult episode on so many levels. From Walter kicking Cabe off the team to Paige leaving and our little Scorpling in real danger (but yay for Ralph saving the day!). It's definitely a heart-in-mouth episode.

~Heidi
Old 09-20-2016, 10:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
It's a difficult episode on so many levels. From Walter kicking Cabe off the team to Paige leaving and our little Scorpling in real danger (but yay for Ralph saving the day!). It's definitely a heart-in-mouth episode.
It is a very distressing episode, but it sets the stage for redemption! Sometimes things have to get very bad before they get better!
KatFan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It definitely set things up for both Walter and Paige to really look at what is important to them - especially as it extended into the following episode.

~Heidi
Old 09-21-2016, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It definitely set things up for both Walter and Paige to really look at what is important to them - especially as it extended into the following episode.
And Walter and Cabe too.

Old 01-18-2020, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Buckle up, Nerds! This week's Random Episode Review is a real Cliffhanger!

{What? You thought I could resist that?}

~Heidi
Old 01-18-2020, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Reminds me of the writers admitting "we put about ten seconds of creativity into coming up with that (title)."

Old 01-26-2020, 03:39 PM
Absolute Fan

I haven't had time to re-watch this ep yet. I haven't seen this particular one for a while and I don't want to comment in this thread without refreshing my memory. Hopefully in the next couple of days I'll have found a spare hour for some Scorpion time!
Old 01-26-2020, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

**** WARNING **** Here be spoilers for the next episode, Postcards from the Edge.
I've watched Cliffhanger a couple of times in the last week and the first thing that struck me is that this isn't the episode where Walter is on the side of a cliff. Yet there are so many connections between the two episodes.

Of course, at the beginning of the episode, Richard Elia pops in and gives Walter a fabulous sports car. Knowing what's coming, the ominous nature of the gift really hits you - as does the fact that, while he may have good intentions, Elia always seems to cause enormous problems for Walter and Scorpion. Follow that with how Ralph idolizes and emulates Walter and you just want to scream at Elia, "Take it back! Take it back!"

Another interesting connection is the fact that, despite their falling out, Walter saves Cabe's life in this episode. Turn around and Cabe saves Walter in the next. Of course, for both of them, this is simply what they do - they save lives. But I think it also speaks to the underlying strength of their relationship. Even when, outwardly, Walter is cutting Cabe out of his life, he cannot deny the importance Cabe in his life.

Lastly - we see two important relationships shatter in this episode - Paige leaves Walter and Scorpion, and Walter bans Cabe from Scorpion and from his life. But - both relationships are repaired in the next episode, before the end of the season. This is the way such drama is best handled. Yes, we fans were upset, speculating and gnashing our teeth for a week, but we were able to breathe more easily by the season finale. We were still left with drama and serious questions to ponder over the summer, but we weren't left with the sort of destructive conditions that cause loyal fans to give up. What happened to these writers?

~Heidi
Old 01-26-2020, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Lastly - we see two important relationships shatter in this episode - Paige leaves Walter and Scorpion, and Walter bans Cabe from Scorpion and from his life. But - both relationships are repaired in the next episode, before the end of the season. This is the way such drama is best handled. Yes, we fans were upset, speculating and gnashing our teeth for a week, but we were able to breathe more easily by the season finale. We were still left with drama and serious questions to ponder over the summer, but we weren't left with the sort of destructive conditions that cause loyal fans to give up. What happened to these writers?

To be fair, for all we know they could have fixed S4 very quickly in S5...but I think it would have been November Sweeps at the earliest before they did.

Old 02-06-2020, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Dropping this thread off the cliff to make room for the next random rewatch

~Heidi
Old 02-07-2020, 05:27 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Dropping this thread off the cliff to make room for the next random rewatch
I was clinging on to the edge, desperately trying to find time to re-watch!

Finally had the chance today. This is essentially part 1 of a two part season finale, so of course I had to watch Postcards from the Edge too.

What I found most interesting this time round was how Paige reacts to Walter when she's telling him about leaving to live with Drew. People say Paige changed over the four seasons, but in this ep we see her saying some pretty low things to Walter - "That guy is his father, Walter. You are not." (Ouch! ) It's exactly the way she behaves in that final scene of A Lie in the Sand when her insecurities take over and she gets all defensive to protect herself from getting hurt. She didn't really change that much.

I also love how upset (i.e. angry) Happy gets at the idea that Ralph won't be around anymore - the others are worried about how they'll cope without Paige, but her first thought is how much she'll miss Ralph. Probably the first hint we get of her maternal side.