Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2018, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Same. Even without the imagination of what may have happened, we know for a fact Walter still has Cabe.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think Walter would survive otherwise. Cabe can not only help Walter get through this, but I think he also may be the best candidate for peacemaker between the two teams.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I miss this relationship, and how Scorpion explored so many iterations of the father/son relationship - both good and bad, blood and spirit.

~Heidi
Old 06-05-2020, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I miss this relationship, and how Scorpion explored so many iterations of the father/son relationship - both good and bad, blood and spirit.
I agree. I liked their dynamic best in S1, but it was good throughout.

Old 06-06-2020, 05:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love how the Walter/Cabe relationship was reflected in the Ralph/Walter relationship. First, because Walter chose to be the father that Cabe is rather than emulating his own father. And I'm not slamming Walter's father. I think Sean tried his best - and he obviously loved Walter. He just had no idea how to relate to him. Still, Cabe was just as clueless in terms of really understanding how Walter's brain works - but he didn't need to understand that in order to treat Walter - both as a child and as an adult - with love and respect and an understanding of Walter's basic human needs. He was able to not just look past Walter's incomprehensible intelligence, but marvel at it and celebrate it.

Walter was in a better position to understand Ralph intellectually, so it may have been easier for him to be a father to Ralph. Still, he also reflected Cabe's abilities and was able to reach out to Ralph's emotional needs as well. Like Cabe, he made mistakes at times. But he was able to own up to those mistakes, which I think is probably one of the best aspects of both the Cabe/Walter relationship and the Walter/Ralph relationship. Parents often seem to think they have to be perfect for their children, and it's not bad for a parent to *want* to be perfect. But they can't be, and it's important for them to admit when they make a mistake and sometimes even to apologize to the child for those mistakes. Both Cabe and Walter were able to do that.

~Heidi
Old 04-12-2023, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just digging this up out of the prehistoric era

Old 04-12-2023, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We were just discussing on the Fringe board how the father/son dynamic in that show was so important.

I would love to have seen a mother/daughter dynamic develop between Happy and the girl they adopted and be able to see how that compared to the multiple father/son dynamics we had.

~Heidi
Old 04-12-2023, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes! Or even if one of the women had fostered something with Patty. I love the father/son dynamic on shows, but I feel mother/daughter is underrepresented (especially 'surrogate dynamic' mother/daughter)

Old 04-12-2023, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

For some reason, I think mother/daughter relationships are considered less complex, and therefore less interesting.

~Heidi
Reply   Post New Thread