Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2015, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Not sure why but Megan death was very sad , I was watching Walter emotions , he took it as Walter was expected to . Sylvester took it easier, but he was prepared and wanted to make her final days the best . Toby did what he does best multi task . In the end Walter seemed to except he had to mourn buy thinking of the good times he had ..
Old 11-24-2015, 09:07 PM
Loyal Fan

This episode nearly destroyed me. A part of me still can't believe - or maybe refuses to believe - that Megan has passed. ;~;
WriterFreak001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 10:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Wow. That was really well done. I'm sad that Megan had to die, but I'm really satisfied with how the episode played out. Loved how the team (including Walter's dad!) all worked together to deal with the fungus and each member really got to shine and show off their individual strengths. Loved the last scene back at the garage, how everyone came together to support each other and that, after seeing Megan's video, Walter opened himself up to his parents and the team a little bit. I can't wait to see how they continue to deal with this in the upcoming episodes.
FauxDetective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 06:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxDetective (View Post)
Wow. That was really well done. I'm sad that Megan had to die, but I'm really satisfied with how the episode played out. Loved how the team (including Walter's dad!) all worked together to deal with the fungus and each member really got to shine and show off their individual strengths. Loved the last scene back at the garage, how everyone came together to support each other and that, after seeing Megan's video, Walter opened himself up to his parents and the team a little bit. I can't wait to see how they continue to deal with this in the upcoming episodes.
Yes - well said. I loved that Walter reached for Paige's hand in that last scene. That's huge on his part.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Romantic In Denial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The TVfanatic reviewer seems to agree with most fans' assessment of the episode - Scorpion Season 2 Episode 10 Review: Arrivals and Departures - TV Fanatic

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 12:03 AM
Loyal Fan

I was rewatching the last scene and it really hit me how perfectly in character each team member's reaction was when Walter started to open up to them. Toby immediately said he'd like to hear the story, very much the psychiatrist encouraging him to talk. Happy offers to make coffee, avoiding the emotional conversation, but still lending support in a more practical way. Paige immediately goes and sits closely to him, offering emotional comfort. I could really see them continuing to fill these roles as they help Walter and Sylvester deal with their grief.
FauxDetective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Meghan since season 1 was set up as a charactere with a major health issue . Walter idea to build a computer to hold her consciousness , might have been taken from the Johnny Depp movie , where he put his mind into a massive computer . Same story was used in Captain America 2, evil mind from WW2 had done the same thing he was a computer .. No body but the full essence of the person was fully there .

Will this death finally let Walter open up to emotions and his feelings towards page . We need these two to finally be a real couple ..
Old 05-17-2016, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxDetective (View Post)
I was rewatching the last scene and it really hit me how perfectly in character each team member's reaction was when Walter started to open up to them. Toby immediately said he'd like to hear the story, very much the psychiatrist encouraging him to talk. Happy offers to make coffee, avoiding the emotional conversation, but still lending support in a more practical way. Paige immediately goes and sits closely to him, offering emotional comfort. I could really see them continuing to fill these roles as they help Walter and Sylvester deal with their grief.
Well said, nothing to add.

I cried a lot. Hated seeing Walter like this.
Can't wait to continue tomorrow.
Old 09-24-2016, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Rewatching this episode and it's still an emotional storm. Sly standing up to Megan's father - in somewhat the same way he stood up to Walter in previous episodes - showing how strong he is and how much loving Megan has allowed him to be an even stronger person. It's interesting that in Area 51 Happy predicted that Sly would be a basket case, but in reality, Sly deals with it all better than anyone.

Walter and his dad working together were amazing - both gaining a respect and understanding for the other they never had before. Toby having to choose between caring for a mother and baby or going to Happy - knowing there isn't anything he could do for her.

But the hardest is the moment when Megan dies - and Walter is faced with something he just doesn't comprehend and cannot face. Walter is helpless and that is the one thing he doesn't know how to handle.

~Heidi
Old 12-20-2016, 03:09 AM
Graphics Team Manager

A part of me was putting off watching the episodes I have taped because I knew this would be an emotional episodes. I'm glad that it got replayed here as I missed it when it first aired a few weeks ago (yeah Australia's just a little behind ). I'm going to write comments while watching I have a feeling my recording will cut off before the end though as the show on before ran over time

I like how the team is working on the case & hacking into the hospital systems to inform the doctors of things at the start

Nice seeing Walter's dad come to help him. Of course Walter misunderstands at first

I really hope the pregnant woman can't hear Toby as he's talking about how the baby won't have an immune system when its born

Sylvester talking about Megan . I like that the father is wary of him but Sylvester's a good a guy & he does care about her. Hopefully he sees that before the end

"I have super powers, I am bacteria man" Sylvester has some great lines sometimes

I was wondering if Cabe was going to appear & we got Ralph too

poor Walter being trapped I feel that's some of the rare actual emotion he's shown when he starts hitting the door wanting to get out when he hears that Megan had a seizure & is getting close

Glad Sylvester got a moment with Megan & her father seemed to like him more . If only we could have more Sylvester & Megan, they're so sweet together

Nice to see Paige getting the chance to have an idea to solve a problem. Should happen more often I think

now why can't we have some miracle to save Megan? glad they all were in the room in the end though

I was right, I missed the end. It cut off just as it got to what Megan sent to Walter. Oh well at least I got most of the ep which was better than when the recording didn't work at all so I missed it completely. Still emotional to see

Really well done episode

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Definitely a heart-wrenching episode, but also a really superlative one. Walter's emotions throughout - especially his outbursts contrasted with his utter calm at the moment Megan passes - just an amazing performance from Elyes.

A&D is a hard episode to rewatch - and I often skip past it, unless I'm in just the right mood. But when I do rewatch, it always strikes me as one of the best.

~Heidi
Old 12-24-2016, 04:00 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I completely agree. They all did amazing, especially Elyes. It must be hard to play someone who struggles with emotion & to play a scene like that

I struggled to watch it knowing it would be emotional/sad so completely understand skipping it in rewatching

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread