Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2018, 01:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think that is one of the biggest problems I have with the new teammembers.. When Laurel stepped into her sister'S footsteps everyone was like "it's too soon", 'she can't be a superhero right away", 'it's like she turned into a hero over night"
That was so not true.. since Quentin made her take self defence classes, she always knew how to kick butt.. and she was a hero way before she took the mantelpiece of the BC, being a lawyer, helping people at the CNRI, bringing bad guys down as a DA..
Where the hell did Curtis suddenly learn all the fighting stuff? We hardly ever saw him train before he took on Mr Terrific if we even saw him once.. nobody every complained about that as far as I can remember.. or maybe I just didn't see..

WIth Laurel we got to see her full development.. how she struggled, how she overcame those struggles, how she worked for being a superhero with a mask, how she struggled with that too and how she managed to get better and better like we kinda saw with Ollie, only that his growth lies in the past on that island and stuff..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 01-11-2018, 12:09 PM
Elite Fan

There were a lot of complaints that "she wasn't ready," but if she wasn't ready, then how was anyone else they brought on the team?

She had background in self-defense and could fight, even if minor, then she worked on boxing and watching Oliver do what he did, so the next step was going out into the field and being a part of everything. It's ridiculous that people try to dispute that.

cliffies • kcch
Old 01-11-2018, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

It really was

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 01-11-2018, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

YEEEEEEEEEEEES! Out of everyone on this show, I think she was the most ready. She was already trying to help the unfortunate out with her law work. Wanting to avenge her sister and save the people they both loved was obviously the next step. I'm upset because her death was so unnecessary. They were already ~mistreating the character but having her die such a horrible death was disgusting. And then randomly bringing on these newbies who came out of nowhere and learned to fight in literally an episode?! No offence to Juliana but giving her the Black Canary code name and Canary scream so close to after Laurel was gone was so disrespectful. Why kill Laurel off if you were just going to bring in some other character from another town and basically make her the same thing? Still so confused.
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 01-12-2018, 02:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Because they couldn't do a show about the Green Arrow without a Black Canary

they just shouldn't have killed her off..

tbh the only way they can redeem themselves from that mistake iMO is turning BS around, making her the BC and her being the end game with Ollie.. that's the best the could do regarding the comics in their state of the show atm

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 01-12-2018, 07:29 PM
Elite Fan

Arrow doesn't care about the comics, so that doesn't matter to them about how many BCs they bring in. How many have they tried replacing Laurel with so far? Three (including Sara)?

And yes, her death was not only unnecessary, but I think it was even a ridiculous way for her to go. I honestly thought they should have done a lot better than what they did.

cliffies • kcch
Old 01-14-2018, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Haven't watched since she's been gone. Stopped at the episode when BS was pretending to be the OG!Laurel. Still watch BS's scenes on YT though
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 01-15-2018, 03:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh my.. they really don't care..
This week's HVFF showed that clearly where Stephen said "it has always been Olicity" :vomit:
why even bother?

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 01-15-2018, 06:24 PM
Elite Fan

I wouldn't think much of it. It's Stephen's job to promote show canon, so it's nothing to get too mad about.

cliffies • kcch
Old 01-16-2018, 04:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

still... I just don't like it..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 01-16-2018, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Really? Have you seen S1 Stephen
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 01-17-2018, 01:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

what do you mean?

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 01-17-2018, 06:46 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Babble (View Post)
Oh my.. they really don't care..
This week's HVFF showed that clearly where Stephen said "it has always been Olicity" :vomit:
why even bother?
He is WAY more invested in Olicity so its not surprising. It was something he got to help create and got to do more with.
Old 01-20-2018, 03:18 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Olicity is show canon, while BC/GA is comic canon . TBH I still don't think Oliver should be with either of them (ignoring the fact that now Laurel isn't an option), he's still got a lot of growing up & finding himself to do. Stephen may need to promote show canon but it can't have always been Olicity when Felicity wasn't an original character or from the comics even . Perhaps one day, if the show goes on long enough, Oliver will find his way to being with Laurel again though. As a fan of Felicity, I think she deserves better, so I have no problem with that regardless of my feelings for Olicity

Killing Laurel was unnecessary, the writers just felt they needed some kind of motivation or push for the other characters but why do it? I think they realised their mistake so then had to bring Katie back, as well as make up a new BC. Doing that though? It all kinda doesn't make a lot of sense Why not kill off someone else who isn't as important to the Green Arrow (comic) story? Why not kill Quentin or Thea? Willa wanted less screen time... those deaths would still hurt characters & motivate changes...

Quote:
Where the hell did Curtis suddenly learn all the fighting stuff? We hardly ever saw him train before he took on Mr Terrific if we even saw him once..
I have no idea if anyone complained over that but I completely agree with you. The others newbies could've known how to fight already, we don't know them, but Curtis we know didn't. He joined the team to learn how to fight but then next thing we know he did? There's no growth there, not compared to Laurel. Yes maybe it was too soon for her to become BC, but you can't say that she suddenly jumped into knowing how to fight. We saw she could fight & that her father made her take self defense in one of the first episodes of the show so there's your backstory on how she could suddenly fight even without what else we got to see (like her boxing lessons)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-20-2018, 03:10 PM
Ultimate Fan

The annoying thing is that they already planned on replacing Laurel like 2 months after killing her off and getting rid of Katie. Talk about disrespect.

But I think SA just meant that S2+ it was always Felicity. The writers decided pretty early on that they were going to replace Laurel as the primary love interest and they did everything in their power to end it.