Old 05-22-2017, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Thanks, I love you!
Old 05-22-2017, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Happy birthday!

Urgg why does Disney and Universal Studios tickets have to be so expensive? Trying to figure out if we really need to visit all 4 Disney parks.

April
Old 05-22-2017, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

You certainly do not need to visit all 4 Disney parks. Universal is another matter!
Old 05-22-2017, 05:29 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ Yeah, I agree since my brother went to Disney, but yet, not enough to go to park, but you have to pay tickets for each park of Disney World..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 05-22-2017, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Happy Birthday wickedrum!!

Quote:
Urgg why does Disney and Universal Studios tickets have to be so expensive? Trying to figure out if we really need to visit all 4 Disney parks.
I don't believe it is worth it to go to all 4 Disney parks, But if you wanted to do at least two, I recommend Magic Kingdom and Epcot. And then maybe you could do Universal as well. I haven't been there in ages, but looks like it'd be so much fun!
Old 05-22-2017, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplezbear (View Post)
Happy Birthday wickedrum!!

I don't believe it is worth it to go to all 4 Disney parks, But if you wanted to do at least two, I recommend Magic Kingdom and Epcot. And then maybe you could do Universal as well. I haven't been there in ages, but looks like it'd be so much fun!
Looking at prices I narrowed it down to 2 days at Disney. I was thinking Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom.

I've been told that you can do both Universal Parks in one day so was thinking 1 day there with the park to park ticket. But even with those 3 days it's still $700 for the 2 of us.

But we've decided on Orlando in September. I'm looking at one website crowd calendar (which apparently has been real accurate in the past). The week we originally picked had the lowest crowds. But looking at my tracker my monthly visit is suppose to be that week. The week after isn't as low but still low. They use a out of 10 scale and the original week the 3 days that we picked was 2/10 and 3/10 and the next week are 3/10 and 4/10.

April
Old 05-23-2017, 01:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

April, that's so cool you're going to Disney!
BTW, if I have my monthlies during a time when I can't really use it, I can get medicine from the doctor to postpone it a week. Would that be an option?

Love you too Rita

I hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 05-23-2017, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk On You (View Post)
Looking at prices I narrowed it down to 2 days at Disney. I was thinking Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom.

I've been told that you can do both Universal Parks in one day so was thinking 1 day there with the park to park ticket. But even with those 3 days it's still $700 for the 2 of us.

But we've decided on Orlando in September. I'm looking at one website crowd calendar (which apparently has been real accurate in the past). The week we originally picked had the lowest crowds. But looking at my tracker my monthly visit is suppose to be that week. The week after isn't as low but still low. They use a out of 10 scale and the original week the 3 days that we picked was 2/10 and 3/10 and the next week are 3/10 and 4/10.
Animal Kingdom looks like it would be interesting.
Yikes! It's nuts how expensive the theme parks are now days. I live in FL and that is one reason I don't go to the parks. That and the crowds

That sucks that your monthly is due the time you wanted to go on vacay. Hopefully you can do something like Paula mentioned if you don't want to go the week after.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The only problem with that is I don't really go to the doctor.

Could always go the week before if we don't want to go the week after.

I've heard from a few people that I should do Epcot instead of Animal Kingdom.

Are you familiar with the Orlando area?

April
Old 05-24-2017, 05:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

Same here plus I don't go to doctor for that since I never used it for monthly.. Maybe you can call the doctor..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 05-24-2017, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

After talking and him not being on board completely about going in September in the first place. Florida and and September are magnets for hurricanes. And knowing our luck one will strike. We've decided on the week of Halloween. So we will be there for his birthday. Probably hit the parks towards the end of the week.

April
Old 05-25-2017, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk On You (View Post)
I've heard from a few people that I should do Epcot instead of Animal Kingdom.

Are you familiar with the Orlando area?
Hope you can make a decision on which place to go, even though you were thinking Animal Kingdom.

Not that much. I have been there several times when I had friends living there, but that's about it Way too busy for me up there.

At least you figured out a different date that will work for you guys. Halloween time will probably be a little better anyway not just because of the weather but also because kids will be back in school so the parks won't be as busy.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

From what I read Sept is one of the slowest months. But that could also be not only are the kids back in school but it's the main month for hurricane season. And what I could tell by googling it Oct is slow too. Seems that Halloween and the few days before gets pretty much. But seems like the first few days of Nov are really slow and I think that's when we will go the parks. I would love to go on Halloween but the main park closes early for the halloween party that night.

At first Epcot sounded kind of boring plus I would love to see the animals. But everyone says Epcot is pretty awesome.

April
Old 05-26-2017, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Depends on what you like. My son loved Epcot, but I would have preferred more fun and proper rides, as opposed to educational ones.

Having said that, my favourite place in all of Florida is the Kennedy Space Centre. Their moon shuttle simulation is awesome and the bus rides to the launch pad too. I'd visit that a million times more than a park.

We went at the beginning of November. I'd say ideal because the lines aren't too big, no hurricanes and it isn't too hot or too cold.

Last edited by wickedrum; 05-26-2017 at 12:33 PM