Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2016, 05:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Dark_Angel*4eva (View Post)
I was expecting it to be more of an actual 1 hour full-on crossover between all the cast members with an actual connected storyline too. Similar to what Arrow/The Flash does. It was fun to watch, nonetheless but I definitely expected more than just a little insert of the characters from either show into random scenes.
Yeah, I tho that it would be all about them interact w/ them, but it just feel weird.

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 06:55 PM
Elite Fan

So basically the "crossover" involved brief cameos between the characters... with no significant plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofutti (View Post)
Ugh and that was with some promotion too...I'm worried about regular nights now up against the ABC comedies.

@FOX move the show back to Sunday pleassssee
I liked the Sunday timeslot too!
Old 10-14-2016, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

That sounds like a bit of a let down.

{taek su mi sun}
fall into your smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 06:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Dark_Angel*4eva (View Post)
I liked the Sunday timeslot too!
Oh, yes.. I miss those

Mostly Brooklyn99 stuff

tumblr | ao3 | youtube | visit b99
DanicaShipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 08:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by always protect you (View Post)
That sounds like a bit of a let down.
In a sense yes because I think most of us had high expectations for the crossover episodes. But I would say overall, the episode was good.
Old 10-15-2016, 07:19 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Brooklyn Nine-Nine

I enjoyed it a lot as a B99 episode for sure!

I like the plot of the night shift aspect, though I hope they can fix it in the next ep
Old 10-15-2016, 08:03 AM
Master Fan

/\ Yes, as a b99 episode it was pretty good (I rewatched it later without minding the crossover and it gets better).

Mostly Brooklyn99 stuff

Old 10-15-2016, 10:23 AM
Loyal Fan

The crossover probably was scheduled at a bad time for the B99 writers, because it came right after the Florida arc and the show needed to show Jake adjusting to being back at the precinct and to Boyle having a kid. I wonder if more effort would have been put into actually doing a real crossover, if the crossover was scheduled at a better time.

For the episode to have been a real crossover, I think that Jess ( plus one or two of the other New Girl characters) should have had a larger role in Jake's case. Also the reason that the New Girl characters came to New York was because Schmidt thought he was getting an award from his old high school. I think it would have been really easy for the writers to say that either Jake & Gina or Amy also went to the same school as him. It would have been an interesting way to lead to the characters interacting and establishing a history between them.
Old 10-15-2016, 10:58 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvgirl94 (View Post)
The crossover probably was scheduled at a bad time for the B99 writers, because it came right after the Florida arc and the show needed to show Jake adjusting to being back at the precinct and to Boyle having a kid. I wonder if more effort would have been put into actually doing a real crossover, if the crossover was scheduled at a better time.

For the episode to have been a real crossover, I think that Jess ( plus one or two of the other New Girl characters) should have had a larger role in Jake's case. Also the reason that the New Girl characters came to New York was because Schmidt thought he was getting an award from his old high school. I think it would have been really easy for the writers to say that either Jake & Gina or Amy also went to the same school as him. It would have been an interesting way to lead to the characters interacting and establishing a history between them.
That's a great point, I think I would have liked to see that.
Old 10-15-2016, 01:50 PM
Master Fan

/\ That would have been actually much better, indeed.

Mostly Brooklyn99 stuff

Old 10-15-2016, 03:13 PM
Elite Fan

Yes! That would have been a great way for the characters to meet each other instead of having it be by random chance.
Old 10-16-2016, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wish they had more of a "crossover". Especially promoting B99 episode as a crossover is a huge mislead

Anyways I still enjoyed the both episodes and I hope you guys did too!

From NG episode I loved this so much!

Jess: That’s when that was?
Captain Holt: Obviously, I don’t know because I have no idea what you’re talking about.

x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvgirl94 (View Post)

First of all, OMG A BRANE FAN!!! Please drop by to our board too, we love to talk about Happy Endings there, especially BRANE

Secondly, I didn't know it was a bad time but they gotta plan better obviously. This was really hardly a crossover unfortunately and promotions mislead people. But as separated episodes I loved and enjoyed them a lot, and I loved having B99 guys in New Girl. There were so many great possibilities to make them all interact. Maybe they'd do it again later, better
Old 10-16-2016, 03:40 PM
Elite Fan

Yea essentially they were separate episodes where we had guest stars from each respective show. Hopefully in the near future, they will do an actual "crossover." There's so much potential there.
Old 10-16-2016, 03:50 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)

Secondly, I didn't know it was a bad time but they gotta plan better obviously. This was really hardly a crossover unfortunately and promotions mislead people. But as separated episodes I loved and enjoyed them a lot, and I loved having B99 guys in New Girl. There were so many great possibilities to make them all interact. Maybe they'd do it again later, better
Love that gifset and I agree, as separate episodes they were fun with each show's cameos!
Old 10-16-2016, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

The CH/Jess scene looks like it was a funny one.

{taek su mi sun}
fall into your smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread