Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2014, 09:11 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I've been having that struggle too. It seems elektra has covered all the awesome songs.
I'm sure there are a lot of songs I haven't thought of. I did find a song called "Best Friend" by Jason Chen on youtube. I don't know who he is, but the lyrics were pretty fitting if anyone wants to look that song up.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
I'm sure there are a lot of songs I haven't thought of. I did find a song called "Best Friend" by Jason Chen on youtube. I don't know who he is, but the lyrics were pretty fitting if anyone wants to look that song up.
Thanks.
Old 12-15-2014, 02:02 PM
Addicted Fan

I like the lyrics to that song. I might use it, but I don't want to take it if ds44 wants to use it.

"He makes me laugh."
Jake & Amy ♥

Old 12-15-2014, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
Since we have about 6 weeks before our show is back on, we should start listing things we'd like to see when the show comes back (just to start conversation and whatnot):

* 6 weeks will have passed since Barry's confession (since the episodes seem to happen in real time). 6 weeks of Iris stewing over it. I want Eddie to notice something's off with her and Barry, but not know what it is.

* Flashbacks of little!Barry obviously crushing on little!Iris before all the bad stuff went down, with hints of little!Iris liking him back a bit.

* Caitlin and Iris using Iris' blog to track down Firestorm, and tracking down all these other metahumans while they're at it, which could then lead to Iris hanging out at S.T.A.R. Labs and inadvertently finding out Caitlin works with The Flash (thus leading to Barry pretending to be "The Flash" every time he stumbles upon the two of them doing their thing).

Okay, so the above is more just me wishfully thinking this would be a great way to let Iris in on the main story without actually bringing her in on the Barry = Flash secret
the episodes happen in real time? Well Eddie already knows something is off with Barry I think he will notice it eventually, especially if Iris pulls away or not be as touchy with him especially around Barry. Or if Barry and Iris aren't hanging out together.

I like little Barry but I don't want to see him that often, only for important events that may have happened in Barry's childhood. If anything we might see the junior prom that he mentioned, or not.

I don't think Caitlin and Iris will hang out that much. I think Caitlin will respects Ronnie's wishes, but of course keep tabs on him. Iris hasn't started back her blog though, and I am not sure when she will feel comfortable tracking down the Flash again. I kind of want Iris's story to also not involve Star lab crew too much. I think we will definitely see more of her journalism, maybe she gets a job at the newspaper. Also I don't want the show to rush things, so if it was up to me, she wouldn't find out the Flash's secret this season. Too many secrets being released too soon.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 12-15-2014, 10:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Spoiler:
Old 12-16-2014, 12:54 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Just wanted to drop this here...
Westallen|Clois Parallels gifset (Smallville vs The Flash)

tumblr

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 12-16-2014, 01:14 AM
Absolute Fan

Love the westallen/clois parallels. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monique19 (View Post)
I don't think Caitlin and Iris will hang out that much. I think Caitlin will respects Ronnie's wishes, but of course keep tabs on him. Iris hasn't started back her blog though, and I am not sure when she will feel comfortable tracking down the Flash again. I kind of want Iris's story to also not involve Star lab crew too much. I think we will definitely see more of her journalism, maybe she gets a job at the newspaper. Also I don't want the show to rush things, so if it was up to me, she wouldn't find out the Flash's secret this season. Too many secrets being released too soon.
Same. Or at least, I don't really have a desire to see her working with them. I'm much more interested in her journalism arc, which automatically connects her to the main story. I don't doubt for a second that she'll starting tracking/investigating The Flash again, especially since...

Spoiler:

Last edited by scorpio_chick; 12-16-2014 at 01:20 AM
Old 12-16-2014, 04:18 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)

Same. Or at least, I don't really have a desire to see her working with them. I'm much more interested in her journalism arc, which automatically connects her to the main story. I don't doubt for a second that she'll starting tracking/investigating The Flash again, especially since...

Spoiler:
I just want her involved with the metahuman action some way, any way. Whether her internship (or whatever it is) gets her there, or she helps Caitlin find Firestorm, or whatever.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by classictvfan91 (View Post)
I like the lyrics to that song. I might use it, but I don't want to take it if ds44 wants to use it.
You can take it I am using I'm yours by Jason mraz
Old 12-16-2014, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
Love the westallen/clois parallels. Thanks.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I really need to catch up on iris's back story.

Yeah not really interested in her with the Star Lab crew too much. She can hang with them outside but just not there. Joe is already there from time to time. She should get her own arc and the journalism plays well with that.

BTW, we haven't seen many scenes with her and Wells at all, I wonder how he will behave with her.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 12-16-2014, 08:56 AM
Master Fan

Given that the show revolves around Barry, Iris off doing her own thing will keep her disconnected from the main story so she has to be connected to the metahumans for sure and by extension, S.T.A.R labs. She has to serve a broader purpose to the main story than just being Barry's love interest. It also doesn't help that she's the only one (not counting Eddie) that doesn't know about Barry's other identity.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 12-16-2014, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's not her doing her own thing. She is a journalist eventually she will start working as one, so the connection with meta-humans will still be there, especially once she continues her blog.

She can be connected to star labs crew outside of the meta-humans thing. However, her hanging out at Star Labs is not something of interest to me, especially since she doesn't know Barry's the Flash and really shouldn't in this season1. She can still be connected to the main story without being there.

Old 12-16-2014, 01:55 PM
Master Fan

But what is her job as a journalist and how does that affect the main plot? I think that will be the most important (and challenging) thing. She doesn't work with Barry in any capacity so there's no real reason for him to see her other than to be his love interest. So they are going to have to slide her into the plot in a way that's seamless and makes sense. If we think about it, based on what I've read around, she's got the most positive feedback of all episodes yet and I think it's mainly because of what that confession meant to Barry. His confession was a huge step in his growth arc.

The average person doesn't care about her journalistic endeavors if they aren't tightly woven into the plot. It has to be more than her just going ahead and tracking the FLASH and other metahumans so I hope they find a way of having her input move the plot. Perhaps if tips from her blog lead them to metahumans or something like that.

Also, Iris being the only one in the dark keeps her disconnected from the story. Either everyone knows or nobody knows. Just having her be the only one in the dark doesn't do her character any favors. It only works if she's a supporting character we see every few episodes.

Ronnie has barely had any screen time and they've already done a better job at integrating him into the plot because he's a metahuman.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:26 PM
Total Fan

Iris is at the police station way more than any normal civilian should be. I don't go to my mom's work every day just to hang out, and Iris shouldn't be constantly hanging at the police station as an excuse to be around the other characters. Doesn't she have school?

This is why I want her involved in the main story somehow. In her own way, at least. She may not necessarily go to S.T.A.R. Labs, but she needs to interact with the other characters in some way that doesn't involve her just happening to be at the police station all the time. The blog was a way to track down Metahumans. She should be doing that more often and even be "on location" sometimes when stuff is going down (whether through her internship at the news station or however they do it), even if she doesn't know about Barry's other secret yet.

I know... it's only been 9 episodes. I'm hopeful the writers have already figured out a way to include her in the action.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:58 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
You can take it I am using I'm yours by Jason mraz
Oh okay. I found a song that I want to use too. I might use this one though, we'll see.
It's between Every Breath by Boyce Avenue and Best Friend by Jason Chen

"He makes me laugh."
Jake & Amy ♥

Last edited by classictvfan91; 12-17-2014 at 12:48 AM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top