Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2015, 03:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade4813 (View Post)

There will be some who will say Iris doesn't really love Barry, even after their wedding, when she's giving birth to their children.

I wouldn't worry about them.

On the one hand, I wish the season finale could get here so we knew what was going to happen. On the other hand, I know that once it airs, we'll have a loooong wait ahead of us before we start getting S2 spoilers/episodes.
True.

I was thinking the same thing. I want the episodes to air now, but I'm dreading the long summer break. I think that's the one thing I don't like about the summer, the long hiatus. Other than that I love the summer.

Icon by Me
Old 04-06-2015, 04:44 PM
Addicted Fan

I don't mind this summer break because
Spoiler:
Old 04-06-2015, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Spoiler:

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 04-06-2015, 05:07 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyO (View Post)
oh okay. I interpreted differently, but this makes the most sense.

I have no idea what they're doing with Eddie and Iris, I go back and forth on whether or not there will even be a break up this season. Idk
I fear that instead of creating interest around Barry/Iris they are creating more confusion.The previews have been misleading and every time AK opens his mouth he praises Eddie ( IMO the dumb blonde comment was sarcasm.) And he loves to play to the shippers.
I am hoping the wedding, particularly the vows, helps Iris to start being honest with herself. I hate that the writing seems to be saying that Iris' love for Eddie is the same as for Barry. Why does it have to take the end of the world for her to admit her love for him? If she realises that she has feelings for Barry she has to end things with Eddie. If she does not it would be equal to living a lie...and my patience with her would begin to grow thin. Iris wanted Barry to tell her not to move in with Eddie, Iris told him that Linda was not his type insinuating that she was...how deep could those feelings be buried?
Old 04-06-2015, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well seeing as though they are the same creators of Arrow, and they made that crap with the love triangles anyways.

However,
Quote:
Why does it have to take the end of the world for her to admit her love for him? If she realises that she has feelings for Barry she has to end things with Eddie.
For 1. She doesn't fully realize she has feelings for Barry, it isn't something that she has come to terms with. It might be something there, but she hasn't acknowledged it as yet.

2. Just because she has feelings for Barry, it doesn't mean she will end things, especially not until she accepts them and is sure of them. Not everyone fully accepts their feelings so easily, especially when it is about a close friend.

I am not sure her and Eddie will break up before season 2 and that's fine for me. Just once they aren't still together all the way in season 2.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 04-06-2015, 06:52 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by london grammar (View Post)
Spoiler:
At Paley and WonderCon.

And Candice keeps bringing him up too!
Old 04-06-2015, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope it happens but it seems very speculative at this point
Old 04-06-2015, 08:21 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingster (View Post)
I hope it happens but it seems very speculative at this point
How is it very speculative? They've practically confirmed it at Paley and WonderCon so unless Greg and Andrew get a kick out of lying to fans it's happening...

Unless I guess something goes disastrous with casting/production.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well it's the way they say it
"I hope it happens" or "I can see him coming"
Old 04-06-2015, 10:12 PM
Addicted Fan

They can't say more than that until they've written the scripts for s2 and start casting.

They've pretty much said as much as they can, which shows that they're planning to have him in s2. Unless something goes wayward in their plans, it's a safe bet.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for the new thread

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 04-07-2015, 12:40 AM
Absolute Fan

TFTNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)
They can't say more than that until they've written the scripts for s2 and start casting.

They've pretty much said as much as they can, which shows that they're planning to have him in s2. Unless something goes wayward in their plans, it's a safe bet.
Yep. I think it's safe to say that it's happening season 2.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I also feel...it may be too soon...
with Wally comes the expectation that he'll be Kid Flash/Barry's protege. I can't see Barry mentoring anyone really..he himself seems like a novice.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:25 AM
Total Fan

The problem with Iris/Eddie still being together into Season 2 is that it will stagnate the Barry/Iris relationship, and we'll just get more of Barry hopelessly pining for a woman who's already in a committed relationship.

Give me single Barry, single Iris, and both of them building up their friendship again with hints that it will lead to something more. They shouldn't be together yet, but the writers should at least show that Iris has SOME romantic pull towards Barry, which won't happen if she's still going on about how much she loves Eddie.

They want us to believe it's epic and timeless and iconic, so give us something other than Sad!Barry.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
The problem with Iris/Eddie still being together into Season 2 is that it will stagnate the Barry/Iris relationship, and we'll just get more of Barry hopelessly pining for a woman who's already in a committed relationship.

Give me single Barry, single Iris, and both of them building up their friendship again with hints that it will lead to something more. They shouldn't be together yet, but the writers should at least show that Iris has SOME romantic pull towards Barry, which won't happen if she's still going on about how much she loves Eddie.

They want us to believe it's epic and timeless and iconic, so give us something other than Sad!Barry.
Exactly. They need to just have iris cut the chord already, but I think they went to set eddie on a path to villainy so he is basically going to have to steal Iris away, thus creating a motive for Eddie to go full on EVIL.