Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2016, 11:33 AM
Kaw
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
yeah... I mean, again, anything is possible. I tend to be something of a natural pessimist so I don't know how likely I view it to be. Could they? Sure. Will they? Uh....IDK.

I agree. They have been given some really good parallels

Yeah anything is possible. As long as they're both alive lol I tend to be optimistic so i'm alwyas hoping for the best

Totally. And i'm telling myself that the parallels aren't here for nothing
Old 04-04-2016, 02:35 PM
Master Fan

the parallels are certainly there. i have no idea what they are planning on doing with them - since they claim that they don't do anything by accident on the show, etc. - but they are certainly there
Old 04-05-2016, 12:24 PM
Kaw
New Fan

I totally agree with you!! Nothing is done without a purpose.

Do you think that Zoom going after Caitlin means something? I know that he went to her for the velocity 9 etc... But i'd like to think that it has also something to do with what Caitlin means to Barry. Zoom knows that she's important to him. What do you think?
Old 04-05-2016, 01:45 PM
Master Fan

that is a hard one to answer. I think its possible that he did it because he noticed the dynamic of the group at Star Labs, including Barry and Caitlin's closeness.

its possible that it was about V-9 and it was possible that the romantic aspect was a happy accident of sorts for him.

I think that he clearly wanted to drive some kind of a wedge - or distract Caitlin from what he was really doing there and Barry, etc. I think that he also wanted her help in trying to see if there was another cure for his cells because I don't think he was going to bet on Barry's speed being able to save him - I think he wanted to explore all the options, so to speak.

So I think he might have gotten close to her in an attempt to distract her from maybe noticing oddities or his story or anyone else for that matter. I do think it means something that he went after Caitlin... whether or not it was simply because she was the one best suited to help with the V-9 formula, etc....

or if it was something more than that, we will have to see.
Old 04-16-2016, 09:39 PM
Master Fan

Old 04-16-2016, 11:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

that's from the trickster ep yea?
Old 04-17-2016, 12:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

I miss Snowbarry.

https://www.youtube.com/user/josephineroy2000
Old 04-17-2016, 12:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
In which episode was this scene?
Old 04-17-2016, 01:04 PM
Master Fan

hmmm... I think when his dad was kidnapped last season? Tricksters I think?

^^

miss them too
Old 04-19-2016, 06:52 PM
Master Fan

I can't really call what happened with Caitlin and Iris her supporting Barry and Iris. I mean it was - kind of? - but it wasn't really as extreme as I've seen on other shows either. It was a strange scene to read and I was just happy that they were actually interacting. So IDK... it points to the obvious of Barry+Iris ending Season 2 together IMO... but I wouldn't call Caitlin a shipper.... but that's just me

and awww.... Caitlin saved Barry's life. Again. It's kind of what she does.

and then something bad happens to her. its kind of what happens.

I mean, seriously.

Barry's face though

Last edited by bonnie51; 04-19-2016 at 07:13 PM
Old 04-19-2016, 07:12 PM
Addicted Fan

First time posting here... hi!

In the Caitlin/Iris scenes (which btw, I love when they interact) it's hard to tell if Caitlin was upset because of Jay or her lack of luck in general or what. The rest of the episode shows that Jay did affect her, but for some reason (and maybe it's because I've become a delusional snowbarry shipper lol) but that scene made me feel like they were hinting towards Caitlin having feelings for Barry.

My headcanon is that Caitlin has had feelings for Barry for awhile - really realizing it after the Hannibal debacle - but hasn't done anything about it because she knows who he ends up with in the future. She knows Barry has been in love with Iris for longer than she knows him. Caitlin agrees with Iris after Iris tells her about how Barry/Iris are married on E2, and are apparently supposed to get married in the future of this earth. How can she compete with something that looks like destiny?

But what makes me think that she's upset about Barry, is because both Iris AND Caitlin were looking at the Joe/Barry scene similarly - at least in my eyes.

Regardless, that frown from Caitlin at the end broke my heart.

Overall, I liked the episode. The ending tore me apart, but seeing Caitlin so upset and affected by the prospect of Barry dying. It only solidifies it for me that Caitlin cares so much about Barry, like SO much.

And now I'm done ranting. lol Sorry. I've just had so many thoughts about this episode.

Old 04-19-2016, 07:36 PM
Master Fan

no problem, lol... its a good place to rant or talk or whatever. hope you come back or post somewhere else, its... its pretty good people here on the board IMO.

I had similar thoughts. It was hard for me to tell what we were supposed to take from Caitlin's expressions in that scene towards the end.

Heart ache over Ronnie?
Was it everything that happened with Hunter/Zoom?

Or was it as you said - that she does have feelings for Barry - but every time she turns around it seems like something else hits her in the head that its not ever going to work out with them so she keeps them hidden and buried.

if that was the case it would explain why she frowned when answering the destiny question.

and again... whether its always purely platonic or not - tonight's episode answered once and for all IMO whether or not Caitlin loves Barry.

she begged and pleaded with a man she had more reason to hate than anyone, more or less. she begged a psychotic serial killer to spare Barry's life - for her. she brought his attention away from Barry - to her.

i mean.... you don't do that for everyone. and Hunter looked kind of pissed to me.

was he pissed that knew she was right and he did care? or was he pissed that even without his speed or any special abilities -

she still cared more about Barry's life than his?
Old 04-19-2016, 08:24 PM
Addicted Fan

We already know from the time she was kidnapped by Captain Cold that she would risk her life for him. And I don't know about you, but as much as I care about my friends, I don't know how many of them I would actually risk my life for. You have to really love someone to do that, and like you said, it could be platonic or not, but there is love there.

What I would love to see in the next ep, is maybe Jay/Zoom/Hunter whatever lol clarifying why he took Caitlin. He didn't need to since he already had Barry's speed. Was he jealous that she cared so much about The Flash, even despite him being normalized, and took her out of jealousy? Or just something else??

Her tears though as Barry was getting choked. gahhhh.

Old 04-19-2016, 08:36 PM
Master Fan

yeah, I think Hunter took her because he wants her to want him, IMO. The show had him show that he did care about her - and in another way - its also something else of the Flash's. So if he can get her to stay with him and choose him - then I think he feels like he wins and he can move on? Because it was not a happy face he made after looking at her and letting Barry go.

exactly... I'm not risking myself for just anyone like that. and not with that amount of emotion etc.

and the

Caitlin: i’ve noticed the way you’ve been looking at him
Iris: is it that obvious?
Caitlin: only to a woman whose been through the same thing

thing kind of makes me think they are referencing her and Ronnie but at the same time makes me wonder if they aren't kind of leaving the door open for maybe one day down the road?
Old 04-19-2016, 08:49 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
and the

Caitlin: i’ve noticed the way you’ve been looking at him
Iris: is it that obvious?
Caitlin: only to a woman whose been through the same thing

thing kind of makes me think they are referencing her and Ronnie but at the same time makes me wonder if they aren't kind of leaving the door open for maybe one day down the road?
I think if the writers were going to eventually make snowbarry happen somewhere down the road, it' be easy for them to say "We've left hints" or something to that extent with these lines that are so open-ended and up for interpretation.

Very interested to see how Caitlin's kidnapping is going to affect not only Barry in the next ep, but everyone else. Especially with Barry's powers being drained, they have to tread really carefully.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top