Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2014, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boringblog (View Post)
There was a rumor that Justice League would have a Hispanic Flash. If Shazam is in the Justice League I wouldn't be surprised if he was the comic relief character. Could possibly take Flash`s spot.
oh that gives me something to think
Old 07-22-2014, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think an Hispanic Flash could be interesting. MCU'S Heimdall is awesome, now there will be a black Johnny Storm. I don't mind these changes as long as the characters are well written.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:58 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Video Games

They might go with a Black Flash, I haven't heard any rumors but in the comics now I guess Wally is Black.

I really don't care what race they are as long as it makes sense. The new FF movie is going to be a disaster, they even told the cast not to worry about the comics.

And it makes no sense for them to cast Johnny Storm as a Black guy and Sue as white.. if you're going to make one Black, be consistant and make both black
Old 07-22-2014, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That was a bit of an exaggeration about FF4 and comics..
Old 07-23-2014, 07:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisagslack14 (View Post)
Well you are probably correct, But than they had better pick one of the others Lanterns for the Flash/Green Lantern movie other than Hal Since I can not see Wally and Hal messign well. But than again that could just be me.
I think it would be the best if they use John Stewart for the movies and maybe they could use Hal Jordan or Kyle Rayner for tv. It's great for them that Flash and Green Latern have different incarnations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject87 (View Post)
I really don't care what race they are as long as it makes sense. The new FF movie is going to be a disaster, they even told the cast not to worry about the comics.

And it makes no sense for them to cast Johnny Storm as a Black guy and Sue as white.. if you're going to make one Black, be consistant and make both black
I don't remember the name of the definition but it's possible to have kids of different races as long as one of the parents is black and the other one is white. In another site somebody posted an article about this when we were talking about this movie.

I don't think it's that bad if the actors don't read the comics. If the script is good it will work.

I'm not saying the movie is going to be good or bad but I don't like jumping to conclusions. Everybody was saying X-Men DOFP was going to be awful because FOX was doing it and everybody ended up loving it.

At least the FF4 has a great cast: Kate Mara, Michael B. Jordan, Miles Teller and Jamie Bell.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ring of fire (View Post)
I think it would be the best if they use John Stewart for the movies and maybe they could use Hal Jordan or Kyle Rayner for tv. It's great for them that Flash and Green Latern have different incarnations.
That sounds liek a good plan to me as well.

Quote:
I don't remember the name of the definition but it's possible to have kids of different races as long as one of the parents is black and the other one is white. In another site somebody posted an article about this when we were talking about this movie
. \\

That is very true, so I also do nto have have a problem with this.

Quote:
I don't think it's that bad if the actors don't read the comics. If the script is good it will work.

I'm not saying the movie is going to be good or bad but I don't like jumping to conclusions. Everybody was saying X-Men DOFP was going to be awful because FOX was doing it and everybody ended up loving it.

At least the FF4 has a great cast: Kate Mara, Michael B. Jordan, Miles Teller and Jamie Bell.
that is very true and makes me less worried about them not reading the comins, Thank you for that

-Lisa-
Old 07-27-2014, 05:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I had no idea they were doing a Fantastic Four reboot I absolutely adore Miles Teller but I am so confused about that cast. Fingers crossed it surprises everyone and does well. They seem to be quite confident cause according to imdb a second one is already set

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 07-27-2014, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think in this era comic book movies are expected to not just perform well but also be good movies. I like the cast of FF4 so I have hopes

Man I need to get back in to comics..kinda fell off except for Nightwing
Old 07-27-2014, 08:18 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Video Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by ring of fire (View Post)

I don't remember the name of the definition but it's possible to have kids of different races as long as one of the parents is black and the other one is white. In another site somebody posted an article about this when we were talking about this movie.

The difference is that x-men: DoFP is based on a comic and I never really heard anyone say it was going to suck? Mighta just been me while the FF movie won't be taking anything from the comics except the characters from what I understand; maybe it will be good, but everything I've read about this movie is sounding like a train wreck.
Old 07-27-2014, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject87 (View Post)

I agree, as long as the characters are well written, they could be any race. Damn, I would love an Asian Flash, for example.

But I do think the Fantastic Four reboot won't be a success. It's just too soon. I just can't get into The Amazing Spider-Man.
Old 07-27-2014, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think a comic book movie needs to be based on any one comic
like FF4 an amalgation of different ones
Old 07-27-2014, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think it doesn't hurt if it's based on a version of the characters that's loved by a big part of the fans. I think that's one of the reasons why I never like movie Rogue, for example. I will always love 90's cartoon Rogue, and I gave Anna a chance, but the character wasn't good enough for me to give her a chance.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yea..they didn't really do more than a few characters justice in that series, as good as those movies are
Old 07-27-2014, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, Rogue needs a re-cast ASAP! It's not about looks, but Rogue is this sassy, sexy southern BAMF, and her movie version is basically an angsty teenager.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:37 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Video Games

You can tell that the original X-men really only cared about Wolverine, Magneto, and Charles. Everyone else was just there.

Quote:
I don't think a comic book movie needs to be based on any one comic
like FF4 an amalgation of different ones
I agree, Nolan proved that, but this isn't using the comics at all other than the characters. That annoys me.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top