Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2014, 05:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OldHollywoodStarlet* (View Post)
[INDENT]I don't think Barry was being an ass and I don't get the impression that Iris is shallow just that she doesn't see what's right in front of her kind of situation.
I was referring to her joke about Barry's behavior. She doesn't give off the vibe that she's particularly smart or intellectual. She's just like an average student who likes the same things everyone likes, goes for the obvious and doesn't think too much. Granted, we could see her behavior change over the next few episodes,but she reminded me of a typical CW leading lady.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:33 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
Yeah,but Cisco was offended b/c he didn't really thank them.
He did say "Thank you for saving my life" before he asked about keeping the sweatshirt
Old 10-08-2014, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I was referring to her joke about Barry's behavior. She doesn't give off the vibe that she's particularly smart or intellectual. She's just like an average student who likes the same things everyone likes, goes for the obvious and doesn't think too much. Granted, we could see her behavior change over the next few episodes,but she reminded me of a typical CW leading lady.
You got that from one comment? Okay... Just because someone doesn't know the language of a certain subject doesn't make them less intelligent.

Yeah, I don't agree with you at all. I'm going to go with agree to disagree.

My name is Barry Allen and I am the fastest man alive. A friend recently gave me the idea for a new name, and something tells me… it’s gonna catch on.
Source
Old 10-08-2014, 06:22 PM
Master Fan

It wasn't just her comment,it was her whole vibe. First impressions can change,but mine is negative. Barry obviously likes chatty Cathy's,but Iris is better off with her bf. We will have to agree to disagree.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:50 AM
Elite Fan

Could I be added to the list?
Old 10-09-2014, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

https://twitter.com/grantgust/status/520106934645817344
Quote:
“@BRJericho7: @grantgust @candicekp my my my, you two are awfully cute together #AgentsofSHIELD” #theflash?
heh

Quote:
Barry obviously likes chatty Cathy's
only one
Old 10-09-2014, 11:02 AM
Obsessed Fan

The way he looks at her, he just melts.

Icon by Me
Old 10-09-2014, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Me too.

Love the tweets! Thank you for posting them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleღMermaid (View Post)
Could I be added to the list?
Welcome!
Old 10-09-2014, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

welcome hehe ty for the updates

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 10-09-2014, 06:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingster (View Post)
He's attracted to Felicity and they're going to kiss soon. He'll never love her,but I don't see why he can't like both of them. She loves someone else too,but they like each other. Seeing as how Barry/Iris are canon, it's not as if another woman in S1 is a threat.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:55 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Ok, this is Barry's thread so I'll try not to get too much into this but yeah, I totally disagree. lol We know from the pilot that Iris is writing her dissertation, a task that doesn't exactly favor the intellectually challenged, nor is it something we've seen from a typical CW leading lady. IMO, Iris teasing Barry had less to do with her intelligence (or lack thereof) and more to do with highlighting the "nerdy" side of Barry and his relationship with Iris. He's the awkward science nerd without a social life while Iris is beautiful, smart, outgoing...the girl Barry can't have, or so he thinks.

I must say, too, that not all us are well versed in science or the "language" of science and that doesn't make us less smart or intellectual. On the contrary, it merely means that science is not our "thing." And in this case, science is Barry's thing, not Iris'. But she's still very supportive of his dreams...so much so that she cancels dates to go to events with him. Typical CW leading lady? I don't think so.

Last edited by scorpio_chick; 10-10-2014 at 12:07 AM
Old 10-10-2014, 12:16 AM
Obsessed Fan

We all go different kinds of intelligence and just because she is not into physics doesn't mean she doesn't understand it or makes her any less smart. Just like Barry is not into journalism, but that doesn't mean he doesn't understand it or makes him less smart. A person who learns a subject easily is not necessarily more intelligent than a person who has more difficulty on this task. The person who takes more time to master a subject may learn better through a different approach and may excel in a field outside of that subject.

Or like I said, maybe she's not into physics or she just likes to hear him talk about something he seems so passionate about because I can imagine that she actually understand what he's talking about since she's being hearing it since they were kids.

Icon by Me
Old 10-10-2014, 01:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's great to see so many new posters here, welcome all of you

I don't agree with Iris being shallow or unintelligent either, I think it's a bit too soon to be judging her as a whole since we've only seen the pilot so far and that was mostly centered on Barry. I don't think Barry came across as rude either, he'd been in a coma for ages and he just woke up, of course he's not gonna be the most courteous person around. I think all the characters have been introduced well and now we just have to wait and see how it goes from here.

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 10-10-2014, 08:09 AM
Master Fan

Can I be added, please ?
Old 10-10-2014, 08:43 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
He's attracted to Felicity and they're going to kiss soon. He'll never love her,but I don't see why he can't like both of them. She loves someone else too,but they like each other. Seeing as how Barry/Iris are canon, it's not as if another woman in S1 is a threat.
Barry/Iris are my OTP for The Flash, but I really like Felicity, so I'm okay with their little flirtation. They both have a mutual understanding of the fact the other person is in love with someone else, so I don't expect they'll be getting into any serious, long-term relationship. They'll end up being best nerdy friends by the end of it, because how can you not be friends with Barry?
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top