Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-15-2017, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder if Gothel thinks the Guardian can be found in a land without magic?

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:24 PM
Moderator Support Team

Maybe. He nees to be somewhere

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 12-15-2017, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Mixed feelings about the episode. And that's because in the beginning, the timeline of events felt rushed and all over the place.

This was more of an ensemble episode like I thought it would be.

What I liked:

This new concept for the Coven of the Eight. That sounds like it can be VERY interesting if developed right. It is something new Gothel is already a part of; earlier Zelena shared she was asked to join, I wonder if this plot will open up to the Coven wanting Regina too? Gothel has Anastasia picked as one of them so I gather they are looking for 6 more.

Well, we guessed right. Regina was manipulated into casting the curse in order to save Henry. The final ingredient to cast the curse was the blood magic of the one who sacrificed the heart of the thing they loved most. I was glad Regina got to display her magic by blasting Drizella. She deserved it in that scene.

Not surprised at all that Gothel finally turned on Drizella. She turned the tides to steal Drizella's magic to infuse Anastasia. Obviously Drizella was the disposable pawn all along. Hopefully, it can finally be a turning point for a wake up call to change and she will help Regina & Zelena in the long run to break this curse or try to help Henry.

I wasn't as opposed to Zelena working with Regina this episode as I thought I'd be. Looks like when the show comes back, they will be working together to get their magic back and find a way to save Lucy & Henry.

I thought it was moving Hook sacrificed being reunited under the curse with his daughter so that Jacinda could be with hers.

Disliked:

Sorry but trying to pay homage to Robin Hood with Robyn, just annoyed me. So did Zelena's off handed reference to being like her father as if they used to be in some relationship or something.

Confusing:

How Zelena ended up in EF2 with an aged Robyn?

So Rumple eventually turned back into his imp appearance in the new EF? Why?

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:10 PM
Master Fan

I felt like the time jump made things confusing and they tried to cram a lot into this episode. I guess we'll see flashbacks to the time they skipped over in the second half.

The thing I was the most confused about was why Rumple looks like the scaly Dark One again. I guess there is a story there. Also, Zelena's sudden appearance in EF2. How long has she been there?

Regina's comment about the timeline was funny. If Robyn is 25, Regina and Zelena should be in their 60's.

I could have done without Zelena's comment about Robyn having her father's aim. I don't want to hear her talk about him at all. Regina and Robyn can talk about him, but not her.

Zelena does seem like she's really changed. We'll see if it sticks.

I have to admit I enjoyed Gothel turning on Drizella. I've been waiting for that to happen.

I'm curious about this coven of witches. I'm assuming Gothel wants Zelena since we saw in EF2 Zelena got an "invitation". Maybe Zelena will go undercover like Regina did in 4b with the queens of darkness?

Hook and Alice were sweet.

I feel bad for Anastasia who is obviously getting used by Gothel. I was confused if Ana is the guardian or not?

We predicted Regina casting the curse under forced circumstances. I don't know how they will solve this situation with Henry and Lucy, but fortunately I have no doubt that neither of them are dying, so they'll find a way.

ETA: I thought Robyn being part of the story this season was really going to bother me, but it didn't. I built it up too much in my mind. She and Alice are sweet together.

Also, I really liked Henry and Jacinda/Ella together for the first time all season.

Last edited by sherry02; 12-15-2017 at 08:37 PM
Old 12-15-2017, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Whether or not Anastasia is really the Guardian is still very puzzling to me. They didn't make that abundantly clear. We just know she has untapped magic like her sister. Not sure why Gothel chose her over Drizella unless she truly believes her to be this Guardian? I'm laughing at the potential irony of it turning out it was Drizella all along and Gothel disposed of the wrong sister.

I did feel a bit bad for Drizella because I honestly think she attached to Gothel as a mother figure, as twisted as it was. It was thrown back in her face tenfold tonight. But I couldn't help but laugh when Victoria told her "don't even speak to me" in that well.

Not sure if the Coven of 8 still want Zelena. Seems like there is no set person and the positions can be filled by whomever is chosen, not specific people. I can see the plot incorporating Regina more than Zelena if Zelena is not here for all of 7B. She is technically on a guest arc while Regina is not but that can just be my wishful thinking. They always find a way to make Zelena more relevant in plots it seems.

Old 12-15-2017, 09:22 PM
Master Fan

I'm hoping Ana is not the guardian. She's a new, minor character. I've been thinking it's Alice since they've connected she and Rumple from the beginning. I think Drizella proved it couldn't be her with how quickly she turned dark once she realized her mother wanted to sacrifice her to bring back Ana.

I would have felt sorry for Drizella if I wasn't so mad at her about Henry. I'm not sure Regina would forgive her at this point.

I wonder how much longer they are going to drag this curse out.

Ironically we were convinced Regina was not the "eighth witch" and it turned out that she was.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, Regina was definitely tricked into becoming the Eighth Witch. I am going to go out on a limb and guess the invitation for Zelena had a motive. I think they were going to try and use her to get the curse cast but in the end, they were able to use her sister, Regina, instead. Did you see that smug look on Gothel's face when Regina finally agreed to go along with it? Wanted to smack it off.

I know some people have been predicting Alice as the Guardian and that would be another predictable avenue since Rumple got close to her right away.

Drizella has a lot of groveling to do, lol. But I still hold out hope for her that she can sincerely change. Regina is furious with her now but maybe with time, and sincere motivation to help, she could forgive.

Old 12-15-2017, 09:43 PM
Master Fan

Yeah Gothel was so proud of herself when Regina had to go along with their plan. Grrr.

I don't think Zelena could have cast the curse. Didn't they specifically need someone who had cast the curse using the heart of the person they loved most?

I'm curious what they will do with Drizella now that Gothel is done with her.

I'm going to try to rewatch tomorrow if I have time. I feel like I missed some things.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry02 (View Post)
I don't think Zelena could have cast the curse. Didn't they specifically need someone who had cast the curse using the heart of the person they loved most?
I rewatched a clip on YT and here is what I understand of it. Drizella specified there were 8 ingredients total to make this curse work. Regina's was the Eighth ingredient which was the hardest to find: the magic of a witch who sacrificed the heart of the thing she loved most. I am going on a strong hunch here that each 'member' represents one ingredient contributed for the curse. It could very well be that they wanted Zelena for the time travel ingredient, if time travel did indeed take them to HH 2017. But when Zelena declined, they found another to take that position. But, yes, Regina was needed for a different ingredient.

So Regina is the reluctant Eighth Witch of this Coven.

Quote:
I'm curious what they will do with Drizella now that Gothel is done with her.

I'm going to try to rewatch tomorrow if I have time. I feel like I missed some things.
A&E's article made it sound like it was up for grabs if redemption was in the works eventually for Drizella but, for now, she will really be out for revenge.

I am going to do a rewatch as well. I was distracted the first few minutes and I want to absorb everything a second time.

Old 12-16-2017, 06:48 AM
Moderator Support Team

okay this episode left me more confused than ever. and with this season this was hard to top

what in the hell is with this timeline. apparently time moves faster there since henry was able to grow up into a men without regina aging really at all. but then robin and zelena are both there and robin has aged but zelena hasnt? also 8 years is almost a decade and yet lucy grew up to be a 8 year old girl and the others didnt age at all once again? i guess iwant to live in that land lol.

why did rumple retun to be rumplestilzkin? what happened in the meantime. i didnt quite get that

what also bothers me is why all leads except for regina have a horrible make up. emma had the sick looking look all through season 4 and 5 and now jacinda has it too. she looks sick ALL THE TIME.

i kinda figured it was regina who cast the curse because she was manipulated. why else would she have cried that much when drizzila gave her the memory potion.

that gothel turned on Dri also wasnt that surprising. she is working for herself. for no one else. now i just want to know if rapunzel is good or bad because i still cant quite place her

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 12-16-2017, 07:37 AM
Master Fan

I've about given up on the timeline. They want to use characters that were kids last season without aging the adults, so they just do it without bothering to try and explain it.

I've noticed what you are talking about with Jacinda's makeup. It looks to me like she doesn't wear makeup which is a really weird for a tv show. It makes her look really plain in comparison to the other women on the show.

I think Rapunzel just wanted Ana back and to hell with everything else. I think she's bad, but not Gothel level bad.
Old 12-16-2017, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think my analysis of Victoria has shifted. I think rather than a villain, Rapunzel morphed more into a selfish, self-centered, hardened woman with a sharp tongue, lol. If we think about it, the things she did in HH as a crude businesswoman is no different than what any crude business person from our world would do. Having the fire set was bad, of course. Plus, she was under the curse too, brought over believing she was in charge and cast the curse, lol. So technically, Victoria is like her cursed persona. The only good thing she did for everyone really was trying to keep Gothel locked up from the world.

Ditto on the timeline! Don't understand the aging thing and I give up. Although, I think A&E inferred after in an article that they intend to fill in the blanks during certain points of the flashbacks. That's if they have the time.

Old 12-16-2017, 11:31 AM
Master Fan

In EF2 she murdered the prince and blamed it on Ella and she was going to kill Henry, so I think in that realm she was pretty bad but I agree with your analysis of her HH personality. I was suprised that she worked with the heroes to turn Drizella into a statue. I guess a common goal led them to temporarily work together. When Drizella brought her out with her hands tied right before the curse, did anyone else think Drizella was going to use her heart to cast the curse?

Also Tiana is the queen in this realm. I guess that means the resistance won and the king was dethroned? Or she is queen of a different kingdom?
Old 12-16-2017, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Lady T was certainly villainous. Although, pardon the pun, it sounded like the Prince was hardly a 'prince' being involved in the death of Ella's father and Lady T appears to have targeted to use him for a reason, as opposed to targeting random innocents like our other villlains. I wonder if the Prince's family was connected to her earlier poverty stricken life? Henry would be that exception, of course, since she was blinded by her need to resurrect Anastasia. We will probably not see the deeper backstory with the Prince, though, or her husband's death by her involvement.

I am a little confused about the royalty in this land. Tiana certainly is noble with a princess title but was the King they were going to war with, like a High King of the land, over other royal families? That is a bit confusing.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 12-16-2017 at 12:22 PM
Old 12-16-2017, 12:13 PM
Master Fan

I doubt we'll see any more backstory on Lady T either. We might see how Tiana became queen though since 7x12 is expected to be a centric for her.

We held on to our 0.5 rating. At least we are holding steady, which is good so close to the holidays. I don't know how much it really matters at this point, but I enjoy that the 0.4 the haters keep waiting for hasn't happened yet.