Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2017, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah that's probably true.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangirl49 (View Post)
It's almost like she refused to give Jacob a chance.
Yes, that's my feeling as well... I'm wondering if she's still in denial a bit What are they going to tell their daughter when she grows up? Will Tom really be able to be himself if he continues to be Tom Keen?
Old 01-18-2017, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm not sure, I doubt it all.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I doubt it all as well... But I think time will tell. Or do they not even think about it anymore?

Besides, did you guys read this article about Tom and that the writers originally wanted to kill him off but decided to not do it later on? Thoughts?
Old 01-19-2017, 12:57 PM
Elite Fan

So, I'm watching S1 all over again, and I just finished the episode GENERAL LUDD and I missed it the first few times I watched, but you can clearly see that Rom recognized Red when he sat down at the little outside cafe table outside the hospital in Nebraska.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
I doubt it all as well... But I think time will tell. Or do they not even think about it anymore?

Besides, did you guys read this article about Tom and that the writers originally wanted to kill him off but decided to not do it later on? Thoughts?
Really? I wouldn't have been against that tbh.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Or maybe it's Red kind of leading him into this direction? There is an episode description for a new episode and it looks as if Tom is working for Red again...
Yeah I think he might and if he can get Tom to work for Scottie, then Tom has to leave Liz and that is what Red has always wanted.

Quote:
I guess we'll find out soon...

You know, there was one moment in the episode I actually felt sorry for him. It was when he called Liz and asked if he can help somehow and she told him that he couldn't do anything and that his business was with Agnes at home. Man, I felt so sorry.
That was kinda sad cause that is not who Tom is. I am sure he is happy with Agnes and he loves her with all his heart but he is not stay at home dad and he never will be. He needs to do something with his life.

Quote:
And what else to do for him besides what he's always done? It's not easy... I'm not sure if being a teacher would somehow be fitting for him. Do you think he could imagine being a teacher forever?
I can't see him being a teacher again/forever. It's not who he is. And doing what he does now is not really an option either I think. So he should find out what is interested in and what he would like to do cause I am sure he is smart enough to have a job that he really wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangirl49 (View Post)
I haven't even thought about that why she refuses to call him by his real name. Sounds like a form of denial to me. Like she's still trying to have this fantasy life that was never real.
I think that is why she does that. For her, he is still Tom to her and he will always be Tom so I am sure it is very strange for her to call him Jacob. And if Tom really wants Liz to call him Jacob he should tell her that and really stress that he wants her to call him that.
Old 01-20-2017, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakotaysLover (View Post)
So, I'm watching S1 all over again, and I just finished the episode GENERAL LUDD and I missed it the first few times I watched, but you can clearly see that Rom recognized Red when he sat down at the little outside cafe table outside the hospital in Nebraska.
That's true... When you watch it again after all that has happened, you can tell for sure. And still they had us fooled for so long about it.

Quote:
Really? I wouldn't have been against that tbh.
Yes, really And I was so surprised to read that. I think keeping him alive was the worst mistake they did and this mistake sealed the show's fate It's a pity.

Miranda, honestly I don't see Tom leaving Liz at any point... This simply won't happen, not even when he leaves. The producers confirmed it and there it went, our chance to never see him again

Quote:
I can't see him being a teacher again/forever. It's not who he is. And doing what he does now is not really an option either I think. So he should find out what is interested in and what he would like to do cause I am sure he is smart enough to have a job that he really wants.
I think considering that he'll continue to work on his old job (being a spy) again soon may answer this question... It doesn't seem as if he will try something other out at all. It'll just be what he's been most comfortable in doing, being a spy.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:30 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah they are not going to break Tom and Liz up now. I think they should have killed him like they planned or have him as a bad guy.
Old 01-20-2017, 09:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yes, really And I was so surprised to read that. I think keeping him alive was the worst mistake they did and this mistake sealed the show's fate It's a pity.
I was at well and agreed, I think would have been better for the show if they killed him off. When did they plan to kill him off?
Old 01-21-2017, 05:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it would have been better if they killed him off as well. It all dragged out way too long.

I really have my moments with Tom. One moment I absolutely hate him and the other moment I love him. I never had such up and down feelings with a character before.
Old 01-21-2017, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I was at well and agreed, I think would have been better for the show if they killed him off. When did they plan to kill him off?
They didn't say when he was supposed to die... My guess still would be the season 1 finale but I'm not sure of course.

Yes, that's it. It feels simply dragged out. It's so strange and I guess in the upcoming episodes our show will be used again to promote the spin-off.

I'm all with Miranda. While I don't dislike Tom as much anymore as a character, I think he doesn't fit the show anymore. That's my problem. Everything concerning him is so far away from what TBL was about from the beginning, it's depressing.
Old 01-21-2017, 06:39 PM
Elite Fan

I thought they were going to kill him on the pilot and then the season finale but didn't.
Old 01-22-2017, 03:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I expected them to kill him off in the S1 finale.

I read somewhere that Tom will walk from one episode of TBL into the first episode of Redemption.
Old 01-22-2017, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Marilyn, you thought in the pilot already.

Yes, Marilyn, I read this as well. I'm wondering what this means exactly and how they are going to do it. And unbelievable but we'll be rid of him after wards I guess

And here's a picture of him on the TCAs

x