Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2014, 07:44 PM
Master Fan

Season Two General Discussion #1: Because OMG What Just Happened?!

The Blacklist Season 2
GENERAL D I S C U S S I O N T H R E A D

Banner by Miranda

â—Š S E A S O N 2 S Y N O P S I S â—Š

coming soon..

previous threads ღ
01 | 02

Last edited by Miranda; 12-09-2018 at 11:34 AM
Old 09-24-2014, 03:34 AM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for this thread Asya.

So far, S2 premiere was awesome. I was excited to see Red and everyone again. There were no dull moments for me.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet. ✨

Old 09-27-2014, 07:15 PM
Master Fan

Yeah it was so much fun seeing everyone after such a long hiatus. And it really set up what will be an awesome season. MLP being Red's wife was the first "whoa" moment of the season for me.
Old 09-28-2014, 12:59 PM
Moderator Support Team

great way to start off the new season. krystin ritter was awesome in her duel roles. hope we see more of her.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:17 PM
Moderator Support Team

I meant to post more on this board during the hiatus, but I did a terrible job at that. :embarrassed: I loved the premiere of S2 and it looks like this season is gonna be just as strong -- if not stronger than -- S1. I'm really excited to see the direction the show goes in.
△ ♡ S T A R D U S T
Old 10-01-2014, 03:12 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoshoujo (View Post)
Yeah it was so much fun seeing everyone after such a long hiatus. And it really set up what will be an awesome season. MLP being Red's wife was the first "whoa" moment of the season for me.
The next is Samar. I still need to know more about her though since she kind of popped up this season. But maybe that's intended now that we get more of Berlin.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:12 PM
Moderator Manager

So how's everyone finding S2 so far? Do you like it? Favorite characters and not-so favorite characters? Favorite SLs and not-so favorite SLs?

Old 11-18-2014, 09:36 PM
Master Fan

I'm going to go ahead and pin this thread till we come back from hiatus. If anyone wants to do a mini rewatch and discuss their thoughts here or post some opinions about the season so far or anything about season two please do so (pretty please!)

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this season's storylines, predictions about where the show could head in 2B and how you feel about the character's changes and growth.

Some discussion questions to kick things off:

1. Of all the characters who has grown the most since the first season and how has that A) changed their relationships with others B) had a significant effect on the show?

2. What was the biggest surprise of the season?

3. Which guest star made their time on the show stand out the most?

4. If you could write an alternative ending to one episode which one would you pick and how would it play out?

5. What was your favorite recurring storyline of the season?

6. What changes would you have made to the Berlin storyline or the character himself?

7. How do you think Diego handled the addiction storyline material? What more (if anything) would you have liked to see from the storyline?

8. How did you feel about A) Liz holding Tom captive? B) Tom's return?

9. Which Blacklister stood out the most to you this season?

10. What is something/someone you want to see more of in the second half of season two?
Old 11-19-2014, 12:49 AM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for topping this thread Asya, good idea. Great questions btw!

I'm going to answer one per week just so there's time to talk about all the questions and to keep this thread going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoshoujo (View Post)

1. Of all the characters who has grown the most since the first season and how has that A) changed their relationships with others B) had a significant effect on the show?
It would have to be Liz for me. Like I said, she wasn't my favorite character starting off in S1. But she has grown on me now and I like it when shows make me like a character I used to not like before.

In terms of Liz' character arc and how it has changed her relationship with others: at work I guess she's still the same although she's a bit more daring (for lack of a better word) right now which is fueled by her husband's betrayal and everyone from work can see that. I don't know how I would react if that happened to me but this is how Liz coped with her husband's aftermath. It also changed a great deal for her relationship with Red. She's more open now to him unlike when she first met him in S1, she was totally closed off on him. I think now Liz has learned to accept Red can be his ally and forget that he's a criminal and has killed thousands of people.

In terms of having a significant effect on the show, Liz' character this season is what I prefer her to be after everything that happened. I can't speak for most of the fans but for me I really like this character development. We can see her go through her quest on taking out Berlin and finding the truth and trusting Red more this time. She's doing her job and looking for answers. And her persona is such a far cry from what she was in S1 which I like.

Old 11-19-2014, 09:10 PM
Master Fan

I like your idea Lindsay, one a week will give us plenty to talk about all hiatus long.

I have to agree with you. While I do think that Ressler, Red, and Cooper have all shown significant growth throughout the series Liz's growth and change has been the most tied into the development and growth of the show itself. Makes sense since despite what NBC tries to say in their promotional material she is the main character. >.<

I'm also someone who feels this development in her character has been a good thing and good for the show also.

I think one significant change in Liz is that she has become more mission oriented. She's very focused whereas before she had something of a double life with Tom and the idea of this baby and being a wife, now her cases and life as an FBI agent are essentially all she has. She has always been driven but now it's as if she doesn't have anything standing in her way.

Although she's opening up more to her coworkers this also makes her a little withdrawn in a new way. She's not going home to sleep in her warm cozy bed with her husband and dog anymore she's off torturing said husband. She's embraced the darkness but I think that makes her a better character honestly.
Old 11-20-2014, 01:27 AM
Moderator Manager

James is the star of the show but Megan's character is really neck-and-neck with Red in terms of development.

I do worry if she's going to embrace that darkness and doesn't let go. Tom is her life and she doesn't really have a lot of friends she can open up to. The only person right now is Red which is in a way a bit screwed up because he's a criminal. There's Samar but even their friendship right now is not being explored much. And Samar is also Red's ally so it still boils down to Red in the end. Is she dealing with Tom the way she's supposed to be or will this backfire on her at some point?

Old 11-24-2014, 12:45 AM
Master Fan

So basically all the people close to Liz right now are individual who really don't mind being a little bad. Even Samar who is on the task force and therefore a "good guy" has already proven that she does what she has to in order to get what she needs. Liz is like that too. So maybe Liz's influences with push her right into that dark side.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:57 PM
Moderator Manager

Which reminds me, I need to see Liz have scenes with Samar again. After that ep where they did an op together, the two are non-existent again.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm not sure if they'll drop the Liz situation with Tom so soon... That would be too easy for me. I somehow think there should be some kind of consequences, not sure what exactly, but getting away just so? No, not really an option for me. I can see them dropping the matter for now to have it backfire later on

But yes, it's super sad she doesn't have anybody to turn to. I'm happy she opened up to Red (more unvoluntary but still) and I hope she'llat least trust him with this now. She needs somebody to lean on to not turn to the dark site and I can't see Red wanting her to end up on the same site he's on. That's not what he wants for Lizzie.
Old 11-27-2014, 01:16 AM
Moderator Manager

Tom will find a way to talk to Liz without Red knowing. I just don't know how he'll do it (maybe through Aram?). He's not exactly in good terms with Liz right now.

I do hope now that Red & Liz are in a much better place than they were last year, if it would be good for us to know more about why Red doesn't want Liz to know why he knew her in the first place and why he's keeping it a secret. It's great that we don't know but I can only take so much you know?