Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2015, 10:03 PM
Loyal Fan

I think Tom had feelings for Liz,they were together over two years after all.but it hard to say he deeply loved her according to what he had done in S1.He's a very pro ,highly trained killer spy.The task force list he gave the fake Berlin,I forget his name,Liz's name on it.He's partially responsible for Meera's death,Cooper's injury.Looks like Liz wasn't aware of it. What TPTB portray the tom/liz thing,I feel it's forced.They didin't foreshadow it quite well in S1. I don't see they'll rekindle.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:01 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChellyChelle (View Post)
Tom was in fight or flight mode and Liz was just an obstacle in his way. But still... it was hard to watch. I felt so bad for her. And when she got back to her apartment and everything was a mess. I think that's the scene where she ended up at Ressler's doorstep.

Maybe it's so hard for me to jump on board with a friendship/relationship between them because I don't know who he really is. Not sure he even knows who he really is at this point.
Same for me. I just feel that rekindling a relationship right now with them is a bit too much after everything that has happened. I can understand if they want to gain the trust back, after all they are still married. But it won't be the same. He's a different person now and Liz has obviously changed. Besides with Red around, I don't think he'll let that happen. I do think there's some unresolved SL for Tom in regards to his past with Liz and Red and that's why he's still around.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-25-2015, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Maybe it's so hard for me to jump on board with a friendship/relationship between them because I don't know who he really is. Not sure he even knows who he really is at this point.
Chelly, I know where you are coming from I think he needs to figure himself out for himself at first before even being able to really love somebody. If you don't know yourself, if you don't love yourself you'll never be able to really love somebody else. At least that's what I think. I'm with you about that.

Quote:
I think Tom had feelings for Liz,they were together over two years after all.but it hard to say he deeply loved her according to what he had done in S1.He's a very pro ,highly trained killer spy.The task force list he gave the fake Berlin,I forget his name,Liz's name on it.He's partially responsible for Meera's death,Cooper's injury.Looks like Liz wasn't aware of it. What TPTB portray the tom/liz thing,I feel it's forced.They didin't foreshadow it quite well in S1. I don't see they'll rekindle.
I completely understand you And most of the part I agree with you. The only thing that makes me kind of questioning my opinion is that he came back to confess that he murdered the harbor master. Why? You really need to love a person deeply to do something like that.

What I think sad somehow is that Tom put his life before hers as well. It's the same Red did and somehow it seems to imply that Tom loves Lizzie as much as Red does. And I simply don't want to believe that...
Old 03-25-2015, 06:55 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
The only thing that makes me kind of questioning my opinion is that he came back to confess that he murdered the harbor master. Why? You really need to love a person deeply to do something like that.
This is the awkward part I'm talking about.Tptb want us to believe he loves her.His attitude towards Liz from S1 to S2 changed unnaturally.It feels like he's suddenly deep in love with her. I don't think he had the same feellings for Liz and cared about her as Red did.
I don't understand how he can walk away from it. He wasn't in custody after the questioning of the judge.Connolly just step up said blah blah, Tom just disappear.So that made me think he might have secret deal with the authority.
They keep saying tom killed harbour master to protect Liz.But did he protect himself as well?I remember Tom said if he called the police,both of them would go to prison.

Last edited by sunshinedan; 03-25-2015 at 07:59 PM
Old 03-27-2015, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
This is the awkward part I'm talking about.Tptb want us to believe he loves her.His attitude towards Liz from S1 to S2 changed unnaturally.It feels like he's suddenly deep in love with her. I don't think he had the same feellings for Liz and cared about her as Red did.
THAT! I totally agree with you in every single point.

Yes, I agree. Tom would have gone to prison himself if the Harbormaster had called the police. So it wasn't all just about Liz. It was about him as well. He killed Jolene and that cowboy.

But I don't think that Tom has a deal with the government. Tom's history and why he killed the harbormaster would have revealed that he was 'kind of' held there to get information to get Berlin. It would have put the task force at risk.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This episode is airing in The Netherlands right now! I love rewatching it. Such an amazing ep.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

So, enlighten us! Anything we kind of missed while watching for the first time?
Old 04-20-2015, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah that Connelly was informed about Red in this episode and about several other things they didn't mention. I didn't get that the first time. I wondered if and how he knew about Red but I thought I heard him say that the AG woman, the black woman whos name I don't know informed with about Red. That's was the only thing for me.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, okay. That's new to me as well since I couldn't recall if he knew or not and since the promo I at least know that he knows about Red... So it was that AG, huh? Who told him?
Old 04-20-2015, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's the way I interpreted. That the AG woman told him about Red and I quote "some other business I rather would have not known."

After watching this weeks promo I also wondered how he knew about Red so know we now.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I definitely have to re-watch some of the scenes of that episode... Which one exactly was it, Miranda? Just so I have a clue.
Old 04-21-2015, 12:39 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

We're going to do another rewatch this summer and I am sure we will catch a lot of stuff that we missed the first time through. We found all kinds of stuff during the season 1 rewatch last summer.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree Amy. We will found out so much more during the summer re-watch. I can't wait to start rewatching and blow some new life in all the episode threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
I definitely have to re-watch some of the scenes of that episode... Which one exactly was it, Miranda? Just so I have a clue.
It was almost at the end of the episode I believe. When Cooper was back at the office again and Connolly visited him to ask him why he wasn't in court that day and than he told Cooper about that he was informed about Red.
Old 04-25-2015, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh Miranda, thanks so much for that information So he didn't know before?

And Amy, I so can't wait, really!
Old 04-25-2015, 06:47 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I am kind of surprised that he didn't know before. I expected him to know everything just like all of Cooper's other bosses seemed to. Or maybe he really isn't one of Cooper's bosses? I kind of thought he was but I guess it's possible he isn't.

Yes Kris it's going to be so fun!