Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-10-2006, 09:56 PM
Elite Fan

I caught part of TP on a feed. Angle/Joe II was very, very good.

Everything else that I caught was meh (or in the bikini contest and VKM's case, serious crap). They're over-doing the spotfest thing at this point and, seriously? Almost no one really cares about bad baseball players' opinions on wrestling.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:22 AM
Elite Fan

I saw some TNA yesterday, Eric Young and Ms Blockk thing was ok, sort of funny lol
Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones
Old 12-11-2006, 01:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsilentMajorty (View Post)
The whole New Age Outlaw vs. DX "war" is lame...
I've been watching TNA here and there and keeping up with results. I don't get where TNA thought "calling out" Vince and DX would be a good idea. If WWE were atleast biting (which they won't), then TNA would - at the very least - come off as potential competition or be in the back of fan's minds who wouldn't normally watch or consider watching TNA.

The fact that WWE is just brushing them off like their nobody is not what TNA needs. They need to focus on what got them a TV deal in the first place and leave the lame skits to WWE. TNA is above all that, in my opinion. And its just sad to see.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:55 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::Jen (View Post)
I've been watching TNA here and there and keeping up with results. I don't get where TNA thought "calling out" Vince and DX would be a good idea. If WWE were atleast biting (which they won't), then TNA would - at the very least - come off as potential competition or be in the back of fan's minds who wouldn't normally watch or consider watching TNA.

The fact that WWE is just brushing them off like their nobody is not what TNA needs. They need to focus on what got them a TV deal in the first place and leave the lame skits to WWE. TNA is above all that, in my opinion. And its just sad to see.
I agree... To a point.

What TNA has going for them is they are an organization that caters to fans who actually appreciate good wrestling. I know it is ironic in an industry that supposedly is named for one thing, but actually delivers another, I.E. sports entertainment, but this is what TNA's main strength is: Their talent can actually wrestle and they DO wrestle when given enough time to perform.

Just look at the X-Division. This is the main reason I (personally) watch TNA, above all else. I enjoy the other "entertainment" like Joe/Angle; Christian/Sting; but I know for a fact I am going to see real wrestling with the likes of LAX; Christopher Daniels et al. whenever they are in the ring no matter who they face.

Where TNA is lacking is the merchandising and talent marketing aspects where WWE dominates.

The wrestling industry is not about promoting actual wrestling matches per se. It is about promoting and marketing talent, so the licensed merchandise that features the talent can sell. This is why fans get disgusted with Vince and WWE -- including myself -- Because they actually acknowledge what this industry has evolved into and go about capitalizing on this fact to make obscene profits on all the 12-25-year old males and females who "sports entertainment" appeals to. I give credit where credit is due and WWE is a master at what it does. However, this doesn't mean I have to blindly accept it, or even like it too...

And this is why I turn to TNA and why a lot of other fans who are fed up with the crap WWE likes to shove down our throats (I.E. John Cena in "The Marine") also turn to TNA as well.

This all has to do with the VKM (Voodo Kid Mafia) storyline because as lame and annoying as it is, TNA could have and should have seized that one rare opportunity when Road Dogg and Billy Gun should have shown up at the WWE/ECW taping, but opted out for whatever reason. Had they done what they said there were going to do... This angle would have more legs than it does now and it would be something for TNA fans (and fans of real wrestling) to get behind because had Kip and Billy shown up... The fans would have loved it; both WWE and TNA fans and this is what TNA needs to do like you said: Get a WWE fan who would normally not watch TNA to tune in and find out not only are some of their favorite stars there now, but TNA also delivers real wrestling and less marketing which may be enough to turn some fans into TNA converts, IMO.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:31 PM
Elite Fan

"Fans of real wrestling"?

Considering how Impact has less 'wrestling' per hour than Raw, SD, and ECW does now and how much TNA over-relies on the spotfest/WCW booking, I really don't think that's a fair assumption or description to make.

Strict "fans of real wrestling" probably don't watch either TNA or WWE any more; they're strictly ROH or the like.

Last edited by -Bianca-; 12-12-2006 at 03:18 PM Reason: Didn't like how I worded it before.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:50 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Yesterday's iMPACT! is why I TNA. It was a quality show & I am looking foraward to Kurt's match VS. Christian on iMPACT! next week. Kurt Angle putting the Ankle Lock on Samoa Joe's girlfriend is almost unbelievable, but he did do it & he gets another match VS. Joe.

I wonder though how TNA's Tag Team Division will do without AMW & The Naturals in it, although Team 3D will have a good oppurtunity to become NWA Tag Champs. Just a few weeks ago though TNA's tag team Division was oh so deep.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:07 AM
Elite Fan

Whats happening with Eric Young and Ms Block?
Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones
Old 01-05-2007, 05:08 PM

Ms. Brooks wants Eric Young to join Robert Roode Inc. She told Eric on iMPACT! this week to get what she wants him to find by next Thursday or she will have Eric fired.

The only dissapointment that I had by iMPACT! this week was that the Kurt Angle VS. Christian did get much time due to Samoa Joe wanting to fight Kurt Angle, but maybe Christian & Kurt will be able to wrestle each other on Pay-Per-View this year.

Jerry Lynn is scheduled for an X-Division Title match at Final Resolution which is very cool, more info about that is at tnawrestling.com

Also, starting Saturday U.K. fans will get to see iMPACT! on Bravo 2 & more info about that is also at TNA's site.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:46 AM
Obsessed Fan

In my opinion, TNA is the promotion to watch in 2007, because of where it came from six years ago to be at the point it is now: Almost a direct competition... But not necessarily a threat... To WWE.

If you recall, TNA started out on the FOX Sports Network on Saturday afternoons at 1:00 PM with NASCAR results scrolling across the screen for Pete's sake. It is now in prime time and is slowly gaining viewers and house show attendance (when they go on the road) as well. All the signs are there for them to be credible competitor to Vince and WWE.

What is going to put them over-the-top (with fans and from an industry stand point) is if they manage to snag some really big ROH and WWE names like Big Show and more importantly, RVD (Rob Van Damme).

RVD is supposedly fed up with WWE and him going to TNA would be "the" coup of the new year just like when Kurt Angle showed up on TNA towards the end of last year. It would severely hurt WWE's already fledgling ECW, but also WWE viewership which is what really counts in certain respects AND it would give TNA a hot intellectual property to market (RVD's character/likeness). Even if Vince owns the "RVD" name and title, all he has to do is go by Robert Van Damme, or Bob Van Damme and that gets him and TNA out from under copyright infringement.

So, in my opinion, TNA has finally arrived and is helping bring back the balance in the industry... Slowly, but surely... And what Jim Cornette and the real people who run TNA behind-the-scenes have to do is make sure it does not turn into WCW again with all the wrestler's egos running the show and make SMART business decisions that help the brand/company and they will eventually be on a level where if VKM challenges Vince... Vince will have to answer and this good for fans of wrestling and the industry as a whole because competition always breeds innovation and innovation (creativity) is what this business has been sorely lacking, IMO.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:26 PM

I am a big fan of RVD & I would be thrilled if he came to TNA, although I am not sure about him going by the name ''Bob''.

One person that is in TNA is Christian Cage & he became the NWA Heavyweight Champion less than 3 days ago. I am thrilled for Christian & also Kurt Angle as well, because he defeated Samoa Joe on Sunday & he gets a title match at the Against All Odds Pay-Per-View in a few weeks. Kurt Angle is also scheduled for a match VS. AJ Styles on iMPACT! this week.

Christian is a champ! Whahoo!
Old 01-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Addicted Fan

I've missed the last few episodes of TNA, but I am thrilled that Christian is a champ! He is the reason I watch TNA. I also love the X-Division. AJ Styles and Chris Sabin are fun to watch.

I think it would be great for TNA to get someone like RVD, although I'm not a fan of him. TNA needs some big name guys to jump over like Kurt and Christian did.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:21 PM

I am wondering who Christian's consultant is. I suppose it might be Samoa Joe, but I doubt it. I am hoping it is either Trish Stratus, Bill Goldberg, or perhaps Jeff Jarrett. Realistically though it is probably none of them. Christian is also scheduled for a match VS. Chris Daniels on iMPACT! this week, which should be fantastic.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:48 PM

credit tnawrestling.com

WITH NO ''DOGGONE'' COMPETITION, SPIKE TV WILL TELECAST TWO-HOUR TNA WRESTLING SPECIAL MONDAY FEBRUARY, 12

Two-Hour Wrestling Special Features 5 Of The Greatest Bouts in TNA History, Never-before-Seen On Cable And showcases TNA's innovative Concept Matches With Members Of Its All-Star Roster Including Kurt Angle, Sting, Christian Cage, Jeff Jarrett, Abyss and Samoa Joe

Countdown The Top 5 Moments In TNA Wreslting History

TNA To Unveil Newest Concept Match To Debut At March PPV Event

New York, NY, January 31, 2007 - Spike TV and Total Non-Stop Action Wrestling today jointly announce that they will telecast a special primetime two-hour wrestling event on Monday, February 12 (9:00 - 11:00 PM, ET/PT) entitled ''This is TNA!'' The two-hour special encores on Thursday, February 15 (7:00 - 9:00 PM, ET/PT), and will be followed by an all new ''TNA: iMPACT!'' (9:00 - 10:00 PM, ET/PT).

''Spike's not going to stand by and let wrestling go to the dogs on Monday February 12th. Wrestling fans deserves better!'' says Kevin Kay, EVP and General Manager, Spike TV. ''This special event is an oppurtunity for viewers not familiar with TNA's distinct brand of high-impact wrestling to tune-in and see what TNA is all about.''

''This is TNA!'' will offer die-hard fans and the casual viewer a fast-paced, action-packed look at TNA Wrestling. The two-hour spectacular will showcase five of the greatest bouts in TNA history never before seen on television except pay-per-view, featuring some of the biggest names in wrestling today including Kurt Angle, Sting, Christian Cage, Jeff Jarrett, Abyss, and Team 3-D, as well as TNA's amazing young talent - AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe and Chris Sabin. The special will spotlight TNA's innovative concept matches including ''King of the Mountain'' and ''Six Sides of Steel.'' Throughout the night, there will be a countdown of some of the most extraordinary moments in TNA history - recalling the timeless wrestling memories that will stay emblazoned on the minds of wrestling fans forever.

''TNA is proud to answer the call of fans and bring the best wrestling in the world to a Monday night event. 'This is TNA'' will give new fans an introduction and TNA fans a chance to relive their favorite moments,'' says Dixie Carter, president of TNA Entertainment, LLC. ''We're confident that by experiencing the unforgettable action of our past and present fans will call out the future of profesional wrestling by chanting 'TNA''.

An added bonus for viewers, TNA will reveal its newest concept match which will debut at their March 11 ''Destination X'' PPV event.

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling On Spike TV!
Old 03-11-2007, 08:03 PM
Elite Fan

Few things in wrestling make me as happy as "Fire Russo" chants.

I'm almost sad I missed it.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:59 PM

I am not sure about the ''Fire Russo'' chants. tnawrestlingnews.com reported on Friday that in fact Dutch Mantell writes the TNA PPV'S & TV shows & not Vince Russo.

I hope that TNA has signed the Heartthrobs. They were Christy Hemme's Tag Team at the Destination X PPV a few days ago & I think they would be a quality tag team in TNA, which is important obviously since TNA's depth in their Tag Division has shrunken greatly from a year ago today, but Team 3D has yet to capture the NWA Tag Team Titles.