Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-01-2015, 01:26 PM
Elite Fan

"Yes" {5x02: October 1st, 2015} Episode Discussion

Yes” -- The Pope and Associates team dives into a new case that takes Olivia out of D.C. and away from the President. Meanwhile, back at the White House, Fitz is determined to find who’s responsible for causing the latest turn of events, and Abby receives unexpected guidance from a master of damage control as she struggles to catch a break, on “Scandal,” THURSDAY OCTOBER 1 (9:00--10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Scandal” stars Kerry Washington as Olivia Pope, Guillermo Diaz as Huck, Darby Stanchfield as Abby Whelan, Katie Lowes as Quinn Perkins, Tony Goldwyn as President Fitzgerald Grant, Jeff Perry as Cyrus, Bellamy Young as First Lady Mellie Grant, Joshua Malina as David Rosen, Scott Foley as Jake Ballard, Portia De Rossi as Elizabeth North and Cornelius Smith Jr. as Marcus Walker.

“Yes” was written by Heather Mitchell and directed by Tony Goldwyn.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Woah this episode ending. We can definitely understand why this episode is named "Yes"

Although Olivia life isn't going correct, I love that she is finally being honest. She slept with the President, what's the point of keep lying about it especially because they are inlove. So these next episodes will be interesting. Fitz had an out for Olivia and she changed everything...

I loved Jake/Olivia scenes, I think I can even accept them as friends. They had a lovely relationship.

I also enjoyed the Huck/Quinn scenes.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:15 PM
Extreme Fan

I think I've finally lost respect for Olivia Pope. It's bad enough she's in love with an idiot like Fitzgerald Grant. And now she does this. Something tells me that this is going to boomerang on her in the worst possible way.

And if Shonda Rhimes make these two the end game, I will come to the realization that I had wasted years watching this show.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:50 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I don't see Olitz ever being endgame, just the same bread crumbs till the end. I still bet Liv will end the series alone. Like I always thought, I don't see anything changing outside of the usual routine. It was obvious Liv would stupidly admit to being Fitz's mistress but since Fitz was predictable and caved to having Mellie and Cyrus go back in the WH, and Mellie is playing the Wife again now Liv just hung herself. I see the same, they will fool around in secret and somehow cover up Liv saying yes *shrugs* I loved Jake and Liv's scenes too. I've always loved thier relationship whether thier lovers or friends. Jake has always had Liv's back, I liked how they were working together this episode and when he held her in the bed. Very nice. If Liz is really the one that leaked the photos, how disappointing cause that was hella obvious *snores* I just wonder cause they reveal that fast who did it? So I won't be suprised if she is a red herring and they say someone else did it later.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:09 AM
Elite Fan

I did not expect the ending at all. Shocking to say the least. I also believe that Olivia will end up alone or according to my shipper illusions, with Jake. However, in reality there will probably not be a happy ending.

The scenes with Jake and Olivia broke my heart. He deserves to have someone return his love.

I almost felt sorry for Huck when Quinn was verbally attacking him. IMO she was beating herself up as well and that was proven true with what she said to him in the bar. Both need to be fixed.

Melly is so conniving and even though I don't ship Olitz, I was p***ed that Fitz caved to her demands and brought her back to the WH. I wonder where this new alliance between Liz and Abby will go?

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 10-02-2015, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love Jake, and I enjoy the Jake/Olivia scenes but I don't want Jake and Olivia ending up together. He deserves someone who will truly love him fully. Not as a second choice. He needs to move on.

I don't like any of Mellie actions in this episode but I hope that next episode is the beginning of the Mellie I've been wanting to see for awhile. I want her going out for revenge, something she should have done in a long time.

I don't like Fitz acting self righteous. He can many any mistake but no one else can. No surprise.
Old 10-03-2015, 04:08 AM
Loyal Fan

Okay I don't get it . Why is everybody so against Olivia and Fitz being endgame Did I miss something ?
To be honest everybody in this whole series mad BAD mistakes. Olivia , Jake , Fitz , Cyrus , Mellie and so on. They all did terrible things also to each other. In real life I guess nobody of them would ever again speak just one word with another. That's for sure.
I really think that Fitz was very unselfish for the first time ever. I see nothing wrong with giving her free. I also don't get why everybody is hating him so much or thinking that he was self righteous ? Jake gave her free too last season because he knew he would always be her number two nobody thinks that Jake was self righteous but if Fitz is doing the same thing everybody is mad with him . Don' get it I also don't think that nobody is allowed to do mistakes except of Fitz. They're all doing mistakes the whole time and everybody is forgiving everybody, so I don't see any injustice
I mean when it comes to love ,Fitz was not the one who had a lot of other women? But Olivia slept with other guys and no one is questioning her love for Fitz? Or her attitude? Why is she allowed to do whatever she wants and he isn't?
For me no nobody is a victim in this episode in this whole series. Olivia broke a lot of hearts through all the seasons , too but nobody is condemn her.
I didn't like this episode at all. Olivia so weak running away is not the Olivia Pope I fall in love with. Of course everybody is allowed to have fear but in relation to what she is gone through in the past ?? And why couldn't she just try to figure it out with Fitz? Why had she to run away ? I miss the old Olivia. The strong one the straight one the gladiator
I also have no pity for Jake. Like I said he let her go for good and if he thinks he has to stay and being her best friend ... His own fault....
The plot with Liz was really predictable. I hope there is more behind it
The ones I loved this episode were Quinn and Huck. Not that they had a fight but there scenes together we're great to watch. A little bit of the fire I'm missing so much
At least it's like it is always with Shonda she is always making me crazy and let me feel opposing feelings for the same character through all the seasons and episodes

“What we’ve learned is about the power of love, though all of the science fiction and the hurdles we’ve had to go through, it’s the love.” - John Noble
Old 10-03-2015, 06:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finity (View Post)
Okay I don't get it . Why is everybody so against Olivia and Fitz being endgame Did I miss something ?
Under normal circumstances I wouldn't be against Olitz at all. The situation they are in is a recipe for tragedy. The press will tear them apart and I just can't see them ending in a happy relationship. I could be wrong but if suddenly the press supports them, the nation embraces them and they are cheered on all fronts, then the show wouldn't be Scandal. It thrives on drama and angst and tension.

As for Jake, you can't help who you love. And while he has let Olivia go, he has chosen to continue to be her friend, to have her back. I did say in my post down thread that while I ship them, Jake deserves someone to love him completely. I don't think Olivia is capable of being that person.

Soooo.......if she can't be with Fitz or Jake, that means she ends up alone.

Also, the only person I actually hated in this episode was Mellie.

We have to remember that all of us will have a different opinion and none of them should be viewed as right or wrong - they are just opinions. That's what so great about this forum - all opinions are welcome.

Old 10-03-2015, 09:00 AM
Loyal Fan

Thx for your answer oh yes of course every opinion is welcomed . This was a serious question from me because I'm really interested in what you guys think about this stuff, also if I think different in some points
But I can understand your point of view

“What we’ve learned is about the power of love, though all of the science fiction and the hurdles we’ve had to go through, it’s the love.” - John Noble
Old 10-03-2015, 12:35 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Well, I'm against Olitz cause thier one of the most abusive and toxic pairings on TV. They stand on top of a hill of bodies including Fitz's son. Fitz has always treated Liv like crap, manipulated her, guilt tripped her. A couple of times he would grab her and ignore whens he tells him to let him go (the worst when he sexually assaulted her in the elevator in that S2 flashback where she had to SMACK AND PUNCH HIM to get him off of her to no avail) It's hard for me to see Fitz leaving Liv that message as unselfish when EVERYTHING ELSE he's done to her on the show has been selfish and possessive. Also, crawling right back to Mellie like he's done the other 755 times isn't this big grand gesture. He just caved and sat back like he always does, never having to put himself out there. There have been many times Liv told him to leave her alone or let her go and he would refuse and say things like "We are never over" (Sounds like an abusive boyfriend that refuses to let his batter girlfriend leave) He leaked her name before and still has yet to own up to it, which was one of the most selfish things he's done. He didn't give a damn about her career or reputation then. People say that was so unselfish of him to let her go (even though he's done everything but the entire series so far) but some literally ignore all the selfless things Jake has done for her like being thrown in the hole for her, almost dying for her twice, and in S4 he let Liv go three times when he first told her not choosing him is okay (when he was about to die) telling her in the bunker that she can ride off with Fitz, and in the finale when HE was the one that told her to go to Fitz after she took him to her home.

Fitz is a married man with kids that has slept with Liv, his wife, and Amanda Tanner (and I still think he had affairs during the ten years Mellie was having her issues) Liv is single hense can do what she wants, not the same. Also, people call Fitz self righteous cause he is. He is always lecturing people about murder, treason, etc. when he has done the same and worst himself (like blowing up the plane with 300 people, smothering Verna to death to stay president, and sending innocent soldiers to their deaths over his mistress) He's always been a huge, entitled hypocrite and in general he's just an ahole. Just like when he always throws his trifling affair with Liv in Mellie's face but blows the eff up when Mellie fools around with Andrew and sics his mistress on them to stop it, and after screaming at her "I"m talking to my wife!" So to each their own but all of that is why I hate Fitz and will always think Liv (and Mellie) deserve better than that vampire sucking the life out of them and making them his pathetic toys.
Old 10-03-2015, 01:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
To be honest everybody in this whole series mad BAD mistakes. Olivia , Jake , Fitz , Cyrus , Mellie and so on. They all did terrible things also to each other. In real life I guess nobody of them would ever again speak just one word with another. That's for sure.
I really think that Fitz was very unselfish for the first time ever. I see nothing wrong with giving her free. I also don't get why everybody is hating him so much or thinking that he was self righteous ? Jake gave her free too last season because he knew he would always be her number two nobody thinks that Jake was self righteous but if Fitz is doing the same thing everybody is mad with him . Don' get it I also don't think that nobody is allowed to do mistakes except of Fitz. They're all doing mistakes the whole time and everybody is forgiving everybody, so I don't see any injustice
I mean when it comes to love ,Fitz was not the one who had a lot of other women? But Olivia slept with other guys and no one is questioning her love for Fitz? Or her attitude? Why is she allowed to do whatever she wants and he isn't?
For me no nobody is a victim in this episode in this whole series. Olivia broke a lot of hearts through all the seasons , too but nobody is condemn her.
ITA

Quote:
We have to remember that all of us will have a different opinion and none of them should be viewed as right or wrong - they are just opinions. That's what so great about this forum - all opinions are welcome.
again
All the opinions here are welcome in this board. Always with respect.

Quote:
whens he tells him to let him go (the worst when he sexually assaulted her in the elevator in that S2 flashback where she had to SMACK AND PUNCH HIM to get him off of her to no avail)
I just want you to remeber that Jake choked her.

Quote:
It's hard for me to see Fitz leaving Liv that message as unselfish when EVERYTHING ELSE he's done to her on the show has been selfish and possessive.
Fitz has always tried to do unselfish things for her. The problem is that she doesn´t let him. He was about to not presenting to the re-election but she convinced him to go to the re-election. I don´t blame her, she wasn´t ready. Now she is.
Old 10-03-2015, 01:22 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

How could anyone forget that Jake "choked" or restrained her after she shut down B613, allowed a bomb to get away, that could of killed Fitz and a church full of people? Fitz fans beat that dead horse over and over. They also ignore the WHY of what he did since Liv almost got people killed and needed answers now. Some act like Jake just goes upside Liv's head for no reason, some love ignoring facts and have to be corrected. What they forget is all the times Fitz has either grabbed Liv's arm rough whether to seduce her or when he's mad, or the many times he cornered her and grabbed her, ignoring when she tells him to stop, no, and let her go. Or the elevator assault. Things like that are red flags when a man ignores you when you tell him to stop, no, etc. Fitz has put his hands on Liv more than the one time Jake did but that's always ignored, just like some forgetting all the murders Fitz has committed himself. I see Jake get bashed way more than Fitz even though everyone else on the show has done the same or worse. So I don't forget anything but others sure do when they defend Fitz then bash Jake or others, especially when Fitz isn't any better. Anyway, they asked so I just answered.

Last edited by Butterfly85; 10-03-2015 at 01:35 PM
Old 10-03-2015, 01:38 PM
Elite Fan

For me the moments when Fitz grabbed her arm to seduce her are part of their, I don´t know how to name it, sexual game. Olivia controls everything in her life except when she´s with Fitz. Nevertheless she control him in all the aspects of their relationship except in the sexual aspect. The moment Fitz is closer physically to Olivia she can´t think.

It´s manipulative, yes. Fitz manipulates her in the sexual aspect but Olivia manipulates him in other aspects. So both are equals. That´s the reason why I don´t see any assault with Fitz and Olivia because is their game and both know the rules.

The relationship with Jake would be healthier, probably. But she won´t be happy, never. Because she needs drama in her life. because as she said to Edison in season 2 she wants an life changing extraordinary love and Fitz is that for her.
Old 10-03-2015, 02:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srta_Parker (View Post)
The relationship with Jake would be healthier, probably. But she won´t be happy, never. Because she needs drama in her life. because as she said to Edison in season 2 she wants an life changing extraordinary love and Fitz is that for her.
This is absolutely true - thank you for stating it so well. Olivia had her time in the sun with Jake, free from worries, nothing but peace and tranquility but that wasn't enough for her. Her relationship with Fitz is illicit and secret and for her that's part of their chemistry. If Fitz were free to pursue her, I don't think she would be as invested because there wouldn't be any excitement.

Old 10-03-2015, 08:32 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Basically, Liv really gets off on the fact that she can't have Fitz. It's one of the reasons she always runs and ends things when he starts up that "Let's be together and I'm getting a divorce" bs for the billionth time. Liv is a chaos junkie and likes the thrill of how wrong it is to fool around with a married man. Especially one that is the president, married, and with kids.