Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-10-2015, 05:26 AM
Elite Fan

"Rasputin" {Episode 5x08: November 12th, 2015} Episode Discussion

“Rasputin” – In the midst of Fitz negotiating a historic peace deal, Olivia must rely on her instincts when a guest of the The White House discloses powerful intel. Meanwhile, Jake uses Huck’s help to get closer to his target, and Cyrus takes matters into his own hands when he realizes he’s been shut out of the inner circle, on “Scandal,” THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 12 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Scandal” stars Kerry Washington as Olivia Pope, Guillermo Diaz as Huck, Darby Stanchfield as Abby Whelan, Katie Lowes as Quinn Perkins, Tony Goldwyn as President Fitzgerald Grant, Jeff Perry as Cyrus, Bellamy Young as First Lady Mellie Grant, Joshua Malina as David Rosen, Scott Foley as Jake Ballard, Portia De Rossi as Elizabeth North and Cornelius Smith Jr as Marcus Walker.

“Rasputin” was written by Paul William Davies and directed by John Terlesky.

PROMO
Old 11-10-2015, 09:54 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT! Interesting episode title since Rasputin has always been associated with power, debauchery and lust. Whoever are they referring to??

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 11-10-2015, 10:45 AM
Elite Fan

My money is on Maya.
Old 11-10-2015, 03:36 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I think their referring to Liv being Rasputin.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:00 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I think their referring to Liv being Rasputin.
Why??

Finally the episode is tonight!!!!

Last episode before the Winter Finale!!!!
Old 11-12-2015, 10:04 PM
Extreme Fan

This show is really drifting into Fantasyland. The President's mistress being received by heads of state? Really? The President's mistress openly living in the White House? Congratulations Ms. Rhimes, you have officially jumped the shark.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:28 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

This season sucks, I'm looking forward to the break.
Old 11-13-2015, 05:50 AM
Elite Fan

Not my favorite episode. It's getting that my favorite parts are Jake telling her off.

So did Cyrus want Liv to be arrested or not? I can't tell anymore what he's feeling by his facial expressions. Every one of them looks pained.

I'm afraid for Huck in the next episode - will he go over to the dark side once again?

Old 11-13-2015, 05:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
This show is really drifting into Fantasyland. The President's mistress being received by heads of state? Really? The President's mistress openly living in the White House? Congratulations Ms. Rhimes, you have officially jumped the shark.
Yeah I'm afraid that's a bit off. They spent four seasons saying it was unthinkable, and rightly so, then how's it that easy now? They just signed the first presidential divorce ever and nobody cares, and Mellie's staying silent in a corner. I don't understand.

Mellie-less episodes aren't really working for me. I need more of her and I need Jake to stay very much safe because now that I can't root for Olivia (because I'm not, since last week) it's hard to care. This season started off so well but now I'm just feeling a somewhat bitter sense of disappointment and that white hat towards the end of the episode just reminded me of how I used to love Liv.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:15 AM
Elite Fan

This is Shondaland so nothing really surprise. I know that everything can happen in this show and watching it is accepting the world she is showing us: her world.

I´m loving this season, specially because Olivia is acting like the Olivia we knew at the beginning of the show. The last episodes I don´t like them at all because she was acting OCC. The other reason I like this season is because there wasn´t a lot of B613 just a bit. Although I have to admit that I haven´t watched the episode yet so I don´t know if we´ll have B613 in this episode.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:32 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Yeah, I have only been liking the material they give Jake. He has been dropping the mic but he has always been real and truthful with Liv. I could care less about Huck having Rowan cause Rowan has made him his lapdog many times, like when he blew his dog whistle and made him kill that pilot and the jurors. Huck's character is a joke. Rowan is not getting killed off ever IMO. I think the season has been bland since the beginning. As for the divorce I heard they never showed Fitz actually sign after Mellie and I also heard he's still wearing his wedding ring. In general it amazes me how halfassed and rushed they did the divorce (if it's official) but they rushed through Olitz going public as well, the writing is sloppy and sad. Another thing this show does, they tease a character having this big transformation just to have them go back to the predictable square one. Everyone was talking about how Mellie has risen from the ashes and blah, blah, blah and predictabally she is benched doing nothing the last two episodes. Just like people will think Fitz is back to being a badass when that never lasts and he is back to licking *insert blanks* boots. SSDD! Then again Fitz acting like an obsessed, creepy, controlling stalker towards Liv is nothing new. He's been that way since S2 but some forever have thier heads in the sand about him and how toxic Olitz is. I hope 5B is better but I doubt it.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Then again Fitz acting like an obsessed, creepy, controlling stalker towards Liv is nothing new.
ITA. It's just getting even worse, he looks completely bananas in their last scene and one wonders (or at least I did) if he knows he's doing exactly what she did not want him to do if they were to marry. On the other hand, if he lied to her about calling off Jake (I guess so that he'll forever look like the bad guy to Liv), so did she. She only told him she was fearing for Rowan. which is possibly the very last reason she set him free for. Maybe they just deserve each other.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:22 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

With them playing music over the confession scene (which is a huge cop out) we don't really know what was said, what lies were spun, etc. I don't know if Liv told him she is in danger too or if Fitz made that up to lock her up in the WH. Like I said, Olitz always lie to each other or have lies between them. That is one of the many reasons I prefer Olake, their always honest with each other no matter what.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
With them playing music over the confession scene (which is a huge cop out) we don't really know what was said, what lies were spun, etc. .
Yeah I thought that too. But I don't think she told him she'd rather free her murdering father than marry him, he wouldn't have forgiven her so soon. Or maybe she did tell him but he's so desperate he kept her all the same. We only know what he reported to Cyrus (who's probably going to explode btw)
Old 11-13-2015, 02:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
With them playing music over the confession scene (which is a huge cop out) we don't really know what was said, what lies were spun, etc. I don't know if Liv told him she is in danger too or if Fitz made that up to lock her up in the WH. Like I said, Olitz always lie to each other or have lies between them. That is one of the many reasons I prefer Olake, their always honest with each other no matter what.
I totally agree with all of this!!