Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-06-2015, 01:36 PM
Elite Fan

"Paris is Burning" {5x03: October 8th, 2015} Episode Discussion

OLIVIA DISCOVERS THAT THERE’S ALWAYS A PRICE IN TELLING THE TRUTH,

“Paris is Burning” – Olivia and Fitz face some very big consequences and Mellie brings in an old friend to make sure she gets her way. Meanwhile, Abby shows Olivia she is fully capable of handling working at the White House, on “Scandal,” THURSDAY OCTOBER 8 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Scandal” stars Kerry Washington as Olivia Pope, Guillermo Diaz as Huck, Darby Stanchfield as Abby Whelan, Katie Lowes as Quinn Perkins, Tony Goldwyn as President Fitzgerald Grant, Jeff Perry as Cyrus, Bellamy Young as First Lady Mellie Grant, Joshua Malina as David Rosen, Scott Foley as Jake Ballard, Portia De Rossi as Elizabeth North and Cornelius Smith Jr as Marcus Walker.

“Paris is Burning” was written by Matt Byrne and directed by Jann Turner.

The series is created by Shonda Rhimes (“Grey’s Anatomy,” “How to Get Away with Murder”). Shonda Rhimes, Betsy Beers (“Grey’s Anatomy,” “How to Get Away with Murder”), Mark Wilding and Tom Verica are executive producers. “Scandal” is produced by ABC Studios.

Last edited by helpmenow; 10-08-2015 at 11:35 AM
Old 10-07-2015, 01:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Thx for it. I think this ep will be about Olivia facing the fact that she is now public and I guess to work for the gladiators won't be possible for her right now and that won't be easy for the team as well. Oh and don't forget about Mellie and Cyrus . Good that it's just one day I can't wait to see it

“What we’ve learned is about the power of love, though all of the science fiction and the hurdles we’ve had to go through, it’s the love.” - John Noble

Last edited by Finity; 10-07-2015 at 04:44 AM
Old 10-07-2015, 04:06 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I can't wait to see it
Me neither!!! Just one day!!! So excited to see how Olivia deals with the fact that she confirmed her affair!!
Old 10-07-2015, 05:38 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT! This sounds like a very intense episode - also can't wait.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 10-07-2015, 05:44 AM
Elite Fan

I wonder what old friend Mellie will bring. Hollis??
Old 10-08-2015, 11:34 AM
Supreme Fan

tftnt!
It was a Perfect Illusion
Old 10-08-2015, 01:01 PM
Elite Fan

Just a few hours to the new episode!!!
Old 10-08-2015, 10:21 PM
Loyal Fan

OMG is all I can say right now. Jake is one of the bad ones ? Never thought this could happen after all. Not sure what exactly Lazarus is. Mellie becoming president ? What do you guys think ?

“What we’ve learned is about the power of love, though all of the science fiction and the hurdles we’ve had to go through, it’s the love.” - John Noble
Old 10-08-2015, 10:35 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Jake is one of the bad ones? What are you talking about? He went to Rowan cause whatever the Louve is and that it's burning is bad news. Whether it's code for something else that got out cause B613 is no more, or it's Maya Pope (since the extrended finale showed she is now in Paris) It looks like Jake, Huck, Quinn, and Charlie are working on that next week. Looks like Cyrus and Mellie are going after Fitz, which is fine with me since he is such a damn hypocrite. I found the episode annoying since it revolved around the same old Olitz routine zzz. I'm curious what the Louve thing is about and more interested in that over this recycled Olitz garbage, especially when it's literally a repeat of the end of S2 and the first episode of S3.
Old 10-09-2015, 05:20 AM
Elite Fan

Mellie was beyond annoying to me this episode. Her constant whining grates on my last nerve and I just want to slap her. Yes, she sacrificed a lot for Fitz, yes, she put her own needs on hold, no, she hates to decorate. But WTF did she think she was getting into???? Cyrus didn't win any points with me either. However, I did like that he insisted to work with Abby only because I like her and don't care for Liz.

IMO there's not a snowball's chance of Mellie winning an election for President. Even with Fitz supporting her bid, I think it's unlikely. There's been too much crap and the presidency is a far cry from being elected Senator.

Olitz was This is the same ground we've been over since the beginning. Fitz spouting off unrealistic plans while Olivia is the voice of reason. I don't ever see them being endgame. Where would the show be??? I'm not in the least surprised that Jake offered to whisk her away should she say the word. Ever loyal.

The Louvre is perhaps the most famous museum in the world, holding countless works of art. Here's the website The Louvre I do believe it's something related to Maya Pope as Butterfly suggested.

Old 10-09-2015, 08:27 AM
Master Fan

I liked the episode, it was full of twist and turns, but what I don't like is the fact that we're back to square one AGAIN. Fitz is stuck with his marriage again, Mellie is angry at him again, Cyrus is struggling again, Olivia will be back saying "hi" to Fitz in angsty moments again. I thought the show was finally growing some balls and going ahead with the First Divorce but no. Like I said, Square One. Again.
I guess it all gets back with what we were saying last week, Olitz just can't be a canon couple because it ruins the magic. That is if you call it magic in the first place.
Quote:
Mellie was beyond annoying to me this episode. Her constant whining grates on my last nerve and I just want to slap her. Yes, she sacrificed a lot for Fitz, yes, she put her own needs on hold, no, she hates to decorate. But WTF did she think she was getting into????
I'm not sure why you'd say this, I've never been so team Mellie in my life. It's unfair to suggest she didn't know what she was getting herself into because younger Mellie wasn't Olivia, she was a woman who never saw the White House from the inside and genuinely thought she'd be there with a loving husband by her side. We all have a vague idea of what sort of a life a First Lady lives, but we can't really know how it feels unless we witness it, which is what happened to Mellie. The one who shouldn't be surprised nor shocked at all is actually Olivia, who seemed to suddenly, out of the blue realize what being First Lady actually meant. Which makes her way more naive than she's supposed to be, to be honest.

As for Mellie's chances to win, if Fitz was elected twice I'm sure so can she.

Quote:
I do believe it's something related to Maya Pope as Butterfly suggested.
I agree. But this Louvre thing rubbed me the wrong way. With everything that's happening with ISIS I wish they'd come up with a fake museum, like they do with foreign states and everything else. I felt very uncomfortable hearing that.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
'm not sure why you'd say this, I've never been so team Mellie in my life.

I agree. But this Louvre thing rubbed me the wrong way. With everything that's happening with ISIS I wish they'd come up with a fake museum, like they do with foreign states and everything else. I felt very uncomfortable hearing that.
I know, it's just me and I'm probably in the minority but Mellie just rubbed me the wrong way last night.

Agree with you on them using an actual place for the "attack" or whatever it is. All I could think of was all that priceless art in flames. Not to mention the lives that were most likely lost.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:43 AM
Master Fan

Absolutely. I think they went too far with that. It's the kind of show that must play as some sort of AU because as serious as it tries to be it's also soapy and we don't want it to get real.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:59 AM
Elite Fan

Great episode!! Love that Abby was trying to control everything. Love that she and Olivia make up. Olitz was great as always!!! Sit there and watch me choose you The parallels of season 2
Old 10-09-2015, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

As much as I hated Mellie with the choices she did before. I think all she needed was Fitz to really appreciate what she did for him back then. She is still an emotional woman who had to ensure a lot of crap in her life - including being raped by her father-in-law and her husband having an affair. Even if there had been a lot of fighting in their marriage, there was love and I don't think Mellie had ever given up on that.

Olivia was right when she said she thought what she did was wrong. It was and she wasn't really thinking. I liked it because it was out of the blue but then after watching the episode, I felt like (yeah, like what most of you already said) we are back to square one.

I love how Abby is doing now. I'm intrigued by what's happening in Paris. Can't wait for the next episode.