Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-20-2014, 08:56 AM
Elite Fan

3x14 - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - Episode Discussion

"Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" - Sally sets a meeting with the NRA which sends the White House into a tailspin. Olivia and Huck come to shocking realizations and a surprising person asks for help from Pope and Associates, on ABC's "Scandal," THURSDAY, MARCH 20 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Scandal" stars Kerry Washington as Olivia Pope, Columbus Short as Harrison Wright, Guillermo Diaz as Huck, Darby Stanchfield as Abby Whelan, Katie Lowes as Quinn Perkins, Tony Goldwyn as President Fitzgerald Grant, Jeff Perry as Cyrus Beene, Bellamy Young as Mellie Grant, Joshua Malina as David Rosen and Scott Foley as Captain Jacob "Jake" Ballard.

"Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" was written by Mark Fish and directed by Paul McCrane.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread!

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 03-20-2014, 10:02 AM
Elite Fan

Who ended shot?? David?? James?? Jake?? No one?? Another one??
Old 03-20-2014, 04:12 PM
Supreme Fan

It was a Perfect Illusion
Old 03-20-2014, 07:28 PM
Supreme Fan

This episode so far!
Old 03-20-2014, 08:03 PM
Supreme Fan

me through the entire last 30 minutes

Oh, those flashbacks got me. Damn it!
Old 03-20-2014, 10:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Olivia is really being a hypocrite. After discovering that Fitz had committed murder, she merely walked away from him . . . for several months. After discovering that Jake was responsible for the deaths of Jame Novak and the two journalists, she decides that the B13 organization needs to be destroyed, knowing that Jake will go down with it. Like I said, she's being a hypocrite.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

That final scene was one of the sickest things I've seen in quite some time. I don't know what Shonda's intentions were, if she somehow thought that would make Jake look better, but it just made me think Jake is the most delusional and sadistic character on the show, and this is a show that has HUCK on it.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:49 AM
Supreme Fan

I actually really liked the last scene. I thought it showed that Jake did care. He wasn't going to let James just die alone. I thought it was executed beautifully. Between that and the dance between James/Cyrus at the ball, Shonda crafted a emotional episode!

Last edited by helpmenow; 03-21-2014 at 10:26 AM
Old 03-21-2014, 10:17 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
That final scene was one of the sickest things I've seen in quite some time. I don't know what Shonda's intentions were, if she somehow thought that would make Jake look better, but it just made me think Jake is the most delusional and sadistic character on the show, and this is a show that has HUCK on it.

Jake is no more murderous than Cyrus, Sally Langston, Huck, Rowan Pope and yeah . . . Fitz. Why should Jake be the one who solely ends up being vilified?
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:53 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

ITA DR76. Liv is a hypocrite (just like when she tried to lecture Mellie about Andrew while she screws a married man every day) she has stayed mute on or covered up other people's murders. She has kept quiet with Fitz, Huck, Hollis, Cyrus, Billy, Sally, Reston, etc. murders so STFU. Your also right that almost everyone besides Liv, Abby, and David have killed someone on the show (but they might to it to since killing someone is what all the cool kids seem to be doing on this show now) I already know some can't wait to jump on Jake for this but some have hated him since he showed up so it just comes across hypocritical to me. Fitz killed a woman dying of cancer and a plane full of people, Cyrus put a hit out on a pregnant woman and people still love them. I hate the idea of Jake killing James but it was nothing personal: It was buisness and you could tell in the last scene with James he felt bad. Cyrus has killed for the republic too (again, a pregnant AT and waving off Hollis blowing up seven people for the country as he said) He did the same thing as Jake, killed for the republic and Fitz's laughable presidency. What's the difference? Also, Liv isn't taking down a thing. How many times has she declared war on *insert blank* just to be chummy with them five minutes later? She has done that with Fitz and Cy and she does their bidding now. Was on the floor with Fitz seconds after hearing he killed her mother so GMAFB Liv. I can't stand Liv anymore, she should just run along and do Fitz since besides crying that is literally all Liv does now. What happened to the fixer in charge of OPA. She is just on call for Fitz at the WH when he is horny nowadays. I can't believe how far the show has fallen two years later, besides the ending scenes with Cyrus and James, I thought the episode was hilariously bad. Especially that goofy randomness with Huck and Quinn. I guess that will be SR's new abusive couple, hook them up after he tortured her. Yeah, how hot. Why didn't she do that when they were close last season instead of having him shut her out then doing that bizarre Charlie/Quinn crap? Now you want them to have some sick sexual tension after he tortures her, pulls her teeth out, and she spits in his face? WTH? Reminds me of that sick Olitz closet scene, guess they will eventually have a scene like that. You can tell SR has a thing for toxic and abusive couples with Olitz and Cy/James being at the top of the totem pole.

Last edited by Butterfly85; 03-21-2014 at 10:58 AM
Old 03-21-2014, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
Jake is no more murderous than Cyrus, Sally Langston, Huck, Rowan Pope and yeah . . . Fitz. Why should Jake be the one who solely ends up being vilified?

Agreed, the only difference is that Jake killed a character that everybody knew in James. I believe if it was anybody else, so random person that the fans didn't care about who Jake shot, people would've moved on.

I loved that scene between Rowan and Olivia. I just love Rowan, very dark shaded character that Joe Morton just portrays so perfectly.

The Huck/Quinn relationship sure took another turn didn't it? for some reason once Huck came in the room with Quinn, I suspected what will happen, to happen. Guess I'm good at predicting. I'm not sure if I like this whole thing with these two... but we'll see what happens. That last scene was a awkward as it was suppose to be, but it's very intriguing so I can't wait to see where the next few episodes will take us.

I'm not sure how I feel about Mellie/Andrew relationship but it's good to see her be happy for once.

That scene with Cyrus crying in that podium was one of the saddest scenes on the show, I just felt his pain and it really was so heartbreaking to watch. I love that Fitz was the guy to help him off the stage. One of the best things Fitz did all season so be honest.
These next episode will surely be difficult for Cyrus. I loved all the flashbacks though. It was nice way to wrap up that James and Cyrus relationship, and James character.

Overall this episode was really great.
Oh and to add! Finally we will see Mellie & Fitz other kids, I've been wondering since Season 1 why we never see them... can't wait for next week's episode.

Last edited by eternalfate; 03-22-2014 at 10:35 AM
Old 03-21-2014, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpmenow (View Post)
I thought it showed that Jake did care. He wasn't going to let James just die alone.
how can a murderer show that he... cares? that scene was straight up disgusting. "you don't have to die alone." bitch, he don't wanna die w/ you watching. ugh. nasty!
Old 03-21-2014, 12:20 PM
Elite Fan

He´s trying not to be like Rowan, but he won´t success. As the times goes by he is becoming more and more Rowan.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:45 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas forever (View Post)
how can a murderer show that he... cares? that scene was straight up disgusting. "you don't have to die alone." bitch, he don't wanna die w/ you watching. ugh. nasty!
He showed he cared because he acted different than anyone that has been working for B613 before. Anyone else would have just left him. Jake didn't want to kill him just because, it's because he is now in control as Command.

Quote:
He´s trying not to be like Rowan, but he won´t success. As the times goes by he is becoming more and more Rowan.
We have been totally in agreed today, Srta_Parker! He was showing that he wasn't like Rowan or the others. Eventually I think the entire situation will get to him and he will become more and more like Rowan.