Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2014, 07:14 PM
Elite Fan

I'm glad the deleted Nosty/Cat scene wasn't included in the show. I don't like how it portrayed Catherine.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:44 AM
Master Fan

Me neither I doesn't make sense after all she did to save Francis that she would react that way to those news

Toby Regbo
Old 09-26-2014, 03:17 PM
Master Fan

That and I think it was the wrong time to reveal that. It was too soon.
Old 09-28-2014, 11:27 AM
Elite Fan

Definitely, too soon. Although, I do think it made sense for Nostradamus to say something like that to her in anger. I always found it weird that he got over the Olivia thing so quickly and seemed to be friendly with Cat again in the finale.
Old 09-28-2014, 11:35 AM
Elite Fan

I haven't watched the deleted scenes now (still waiting for my DVD ) but it seems like Catherine just ignored the fact that Francis could die and didn't care.. is that true?
Old 09-28-2014, 11:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reign_demedicifan (View Post)
I haven't watched the deleted scenes now (still waiting for my DVD ) but it seems like Catherine just ignored the fact that Francis could die and didn't care.. is that true?
Pretty much. She was upset at first, but then she asked what would happen to her and Nostradamus told her that she'd be the most powerful woman in France and rule for decades through her other two sons and she was happy.
Old 09-28-2014, 11:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
Pretty much. She was upset at first, but then she asked what would happen to her and Nostradamus told her that she'd be the most powerful woman in France and rule for decades through her other two sons and she was happy.
ughh... nooo! That's not Catherine! It makes no sense... good that they decided not to show it
Old 09-29-2014, 07:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reign_demedicifan (View Post)
ughh... nooo! That's not Catherine! It makes no sense... good that they decided not to show it
It proves that some scenes are better off deleted.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It proves that some scenes are better off deleted.
yes, some but they also deleted a lot of great scenes
Old 10-01-2014, 08:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Well, it's true to the historical character though. I mean, of course she was incredibly upset when Francis died, but she had known this for ages, that's why her favourite had always been Henry. She knew he would last the longest.And up until King Henry died she couldn't see her children that much because they were kind of raised by Diana, so I think she was the less closed to Francis, with him being the oldest and all.

RoseBennett
Old 10-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Elite Fan

^True historically or not, that isn't the Catherine we've seen onscreen...

until last night that is. She definitely got over Francis' probable death fast enough to focus on winning the power struggle with Mary.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
^True historically or not, that isn't the Catherine we've seen onscreen...

until last night that is. She definitely got over Francis' probable death fast enough to focus on winning the power struggle with Mary.
I'm hoping it was just her trying to dig at Mary. In other words without Francis you're nothing. Because maybe she's not worried and that's why she said it. Remember, she still thinks that Nosty had a vision of them with children. So she's like, he's fine, but let me use this to scare her into listening to me.
Old 10-04-2014, 12:53 PM
Master Fan

I hope it's that

Toby Regbo
Old 10-04-2014, 08:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDoneAbusingYou (View Post)
I'm hoping it was just her trying to dig at Mary. In other words without Francis you're nothing. Because maybe she's not worried and that's why she said it. Remember, she still thinks that Nosty had a vision of them with children. So she's like, he's fine, but let me use this to scare her into listening to me.
I would like to think this is the case. If only we could see her finding out the truth of the prophecy onscreen.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDoneAbusingYou (View Post)
Very interesting point. I hope that's the case, too. Like Rachel indicated, it would be great to see Catherine's reaction onscreen when/if the truth of the prophecy is revealed to her.