Old 01-30-2015, 12:45 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the video Scarlet.

They really only brought Diane back to blame her for the babies thing

Toby Regbo
Regbo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Poor Bash, he's such a nice man, he deserved a better mother. Diane was as much of a piece of work as Henry. Remember that it was implied that it was Diane who alerted the Italian count that the women were alone in the castle? That almost cost Catherine, Mary and the other ladies dearly. The count and his men almost raped Mary and the ladies-in-waiting. Catherine almost lost her children. If Catherine and Henry's children were dead, then Henry would have no choice but to name Bash as his heir.

IMO, Diane's actions were reprehensible. On top of that now we come to find out that she hated Catherine enough to kill two innocent babies??? That's just evil.
Beawild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 04:11 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

thanks for the video of that scene Scarlet

yeah their relationship came to a very sad end! And I was absolutely shocked when Catherine killed Diane at the end I never saw that coming in a million years. The most I expected was a good cat fight
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 08:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroppi (View Post)
yeah their relationship came to a very sad end! And I was absolutely shocked when Catherine killed Diane at the end I never saw that coming in a million years. The most I expected was a good cat fight
Same. I was like did I see what I just saw.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
ScarletCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:50 AM
Master Fan

It was scary!

Toby Regbo
Old 01-31-2015, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Thanks for the vid of their last scene, Scarlet. Such a sad end to their relationship.

I agree that Diane's actions were truly reprehensible. She really was a piece work.

I was VERY shocked by Catherine killing Diane at the end. Very scary.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:36 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I never thought Diane was a killer. When she refused to poison Kenna in 1x08 I figured it was because she was a good person. Come to find out she likes to kill babies instead
Old 02-01-2015, 08:04 AM
Master Fan

I think it was a little OOC for her since like you said she didn't want to kill Kenna in s1, although she did help the count to take the castle in 1x07, but the babies, a person has to be evil to do something so terrible.

Toby Regbo
Old 02-01-2015, 08:37 AM
Master Fan

Well, someone had to take the fall for the babies and a five year old Claude being the killer would have made Claude out to be the reincarnation of evil. Diane was already causing Catherine grief for being Henry's mistress. I would not be surprised if Bash were to find out in the next episode that it was Diane who had been poisoning Catherine to cause her hallucinations. It would be convenient and expedient since she had been staying with friends nearby, it would make sense.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:29 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Yeah but they could have just made the window opening an accident so that no one actually murdered the babies. It was really horrible of Diane to purposely kill them over jealousy.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:18 AM
Master Fan

But then there would be no reason to kill Diane and that seemed to be the intent of the writers.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:58 AM
Master Fan

They're molding the characters for the plot instead of creating a plot for the character

Toby Regbo
Old 02-04-2015, 01:27 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Yeah I was shocked that they had Catherine do it with her bare hands and so viciously. Usually Catherine just poisons people. It was really over the top in my opinion. Maybe because of all the hallucinations she has been having? That seemed OOC even for Catherine.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:07 PM
Master Fan

ICA that it was way over the top for Catherine to just bash Diane's head in and then choke her to death. Poisonings or not, there's no need for brutal violence. Also, how on earth did Catherine clean it all up and where did she stash the body. Remember that she and Henry had to take care of the sister of the Archduke of Bohemia themselves. Wouldn't be easy for Catherine to do it herself. I also doubt that Diane came to the castle alone. So did Catherine do away with her servant(s) as well? I never thought I'd root for Diane but the way that they made Catherine do it so brutally makes me want people to know that Diane died, especially her son.

Reply   Post New Thread