Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2016, 08:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Does anyone know if the 13 red knights is historically accurate or if its just something the writers made up? I tried looking online and couldn't find anything so I'm guessing its just something that was made up, interesting.

I also wonder if they're the same group trying to frame Catherine
SLAT92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazystupidlove54 (View Post)
Well I can really say I was not expecting that! I saw them kiss and I was like okay?? and then that and I was like "wait. no. what's... really??" And then the discussion with Catherine at the end (when they walked past the balcony that Francis kissed Mary on ) was very strange/sad. I totally agree with Keri that it made me feel a bit better but the fact that Mary slept with someone just for politics is disconcerting. And Gideon killing that man was insane!! That did not make me like him more, that made him so creepy!! I don't even know what I think about this storyline although I know it won't last.
Aww Alex, I didn't notice that it was the same balcony. I honestly don't believe that Mary slept with Gideon just for politics. I would certainly not want that for her character, and I don't want to believe she is capable of that. I think she genuinely cares for him and is attracted to him, which is confusing for her. She probably feels like she is betraying Francis' memory, and she feels guilty about the idea of moving forward. Mary may have real feelings for Gideon, but I don't think she was ready for that level of intimacy with him. She rushed things out of desperation, and now she is afraid that she jumped the gun. She doesn't want to use or manipulate him, and she doesn't want to make a mistake in trusting him. Honestly... I think I'm as confused and conflicted as Mary is. I may think it is WAY too soon, and I won't like watching it, but I'll accept it as long as Gideon continues to be the decent man he appears to be. Seeing him kill his countryman so violently with his bare hands certainly did not raise my opinion of him. That was insane! I understand that he was backed into a corner and needed to protect Mary, but... it just didn't seem noble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkDundee (View Post)
All I can think about is the pathetic love scene with Mideon. What was that? There was more passion in their prior kiss.

Perhaps they were trying to make it as lame as possible as to not offend. Eventually I'll need to rewatch the episode, but I'm definitely not ready to watch Mideon in bed anytime soon.
So I wasn't the only one who felt that way. I'm pretty biased (and completely spoiled by Tobelaide chemistry ), but... it really was pathetic wasn't it? I felt no passion or spark at all. Nothing. Yikes. Their previous kisses were better.

I doubt they made it lame just so they wouldn't offend us Frary fans. I'm sure Ben and Ade tried their best, but it was just awkward... Maybe Ben's new wife was there watching them when they were filming.

Quote:
Greer needs to tell Mary that she's pregnant! She was so sad that Greer didn't want to come with her and now every single one of her friends has abandoned her. I wish she would confide in Mary.
Me too. Greer just needs to tell her already! It breaks my heart that Mary is losing her ladies. Didn't Nostradamus predict that she would be "Alone at this court -- without a friend to comfort you." So sad.

Quote:
As for the other stuff, poor Catherine, she's going through so much. Christophe is creepyyyy. Can't say I'm mad about all the batherine scenes
No one is complaining about the increase in Bash and Basherine scenes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkDundee (View Post)
I wonder if the 13 knights are the same group that tried to frame Catherine? If not, then there are two groups trying to crush her in addition to Narcisse and potentially Christophe.
I hadn't thought of that! Oh, I hope that they are the same group so that Catherine has one less enemy coming after her.

Last edited by kerbear28; 05-03-2016 at 09:52 PM
kerbear28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 05:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I may think it is WAY too soon, and I won't like watching it, but I'll accept it as long as Gideon continues to be the decent man he appears to be.
You know what, I found a perspective that I think is truthful and works. This is typical Mary. It's Mary at her core. RL Mary just as much as show Mary, a woman/queen that just needs to drag man to her side and win their favour. Does this mean getting romantic and sexually involved? So be it. Bash, Condé, Gideon, even Francis to an extent (but at least Francis distanced himself at first) and later Darnley and Bothwell and everybody else, that's just who she is. Elizabeth kicks men out of her effin kingdom and life the moment they jeopardize her plans, Mary seeks men's legitimation of her cause. I almost feel sorry for the guy now.
Old 05-04-2016, 06:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)
Maybe Ben's new wife was there watching them when they were filming.
probably!

I hope it's the same group, otherwise wow Catherine has a lot of enemies. So when Mary goes to Scotland some day Catherine will always have a storyline with all the people who will be trying to kill her

SLAT92, love your icon. Is it one of the icons I made? If not, it's so similar
De Medici Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:56 AM
Master Fan

I still can't get over the last 2 minutes of this episode. I think iybwas the most tense thing they have ever left off an episode with. It's driving me insane.
Old 05-04-2016, 12:47 PM
Elite Fan

I think it's different from everything that we saw and we for sure didn't expect a storyline like that to happen on Reign... at least I didn't
Old 05-04-2016, 04:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Medici Queen (View Post)
I think it's different from everything that we saw and we for sure didn't expect a storyline like that to happen on Reign... at least I didn't
It was dark and creepy. It felt like I was in an Edgar Allan Poe story. The play too. The mask. The whole thing. It was great.

Also the closing song was a perfect fit.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:14 PM
Extreme Fan

I loved the play. I always think actors put there hearts into their acting when portraying something they really know and care about - like theater.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:01 PM
Master Fan

I live that they are adding the details like the play and thongs like that. Tossing it up a bit. Instead of making the gathering places always just a party.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Completely agree that's been said about the play. It was fantastic! I love that they are mixing it up and trying different things. It's refreshing. The end of the episode was certainly intense.
Old 05-05-2016, 12:47 AM
Master Fan

I can't get over it. It keeps running through my mind all day.
Old 05-05-2016, 02:04 PM
Elite Fan

Haha Amanda... 4 days and we will find out! It's too long but it seems like an amazing and interesting episode from what I saw in the promo
Old 05-06-2016, 03:44 PM
Master Fan

It definitely looks crazy.